Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Upcoming Raiding and You: Bringing Random Encounters to HW

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
But how are people supposed to retaliate accordingly if they are "out" by getting an ouchy?
it works for both sides, to balance the system. if too many of the raiders get 'ouchied' they wont be able to take the stuff they want to steal, and have to retreat.

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
I'm sorry, but how is this supposed to make raids fun? lmao
Can we kill the raiders/Will they kill us? The simplest answer here is no. If a city is being raided, they have opted into and accepted the rules of raiding. Unless an ooc understanding has been come to there will be no killing of characters at raid events. The goal will be to knock out the defenders and take off with the goods.

If you wish to fight to the death please contact the acting DM of the current raid and they will let you know if there is an opponent available to suit your needs.

I'm sorry but is this somehow unclear?

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
You may add the Voiceless Isle as a participating area, since, y' know, we discussed it.

Lavilethorn

Lord of Altera
Can we kill the raiders/Will they kill us? The simplest answer here is no. If a city is being raided, they have opted into and accepted the rules of raiding. Unless an ooc understanding has been come to there will be no killing of characters at raid events. The goal will be to knock out the defenders and take off with the goods.
The idea of "knocking out" people makes no sense ICly. Also you are basically forcing people to break character to follow these guide lines so that people won't get mad OOCly when their temp characters die.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
The idea of "knocking out" people makes no sense ICly. Also you are basically forcing people to break character to follow these guide lines so that people won't get mad OOCly when their temp characters die.
Uhm.. This is about actual characters not temps

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
No one said anything about temps. These are actual characters on both sides. If people die we run ou of people to both raid and be raided very quickly.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Arguing about this is dumb. While I personally think making actual characters to raid instead of temps, which then limits character actions(because of a "no death" rule), is also dumb; arguing about it makes no sense. Just don't participate if you don't like it.

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
I'm sorry, but how is this supposed to make raids fun? lmao
But to attempt to bring a full understanding to the purpose for the rules being as they are. Regions that opt in are open to raiding at any given time. It would not be right of us to opt a normally moderate region into an essentially violent one. A system like that would be incredibly easy to abuse and in the end would be.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Now I'm imagining the map as a Viking board game I once saw a playby on in Tabletop, which is fun to imagine! This looks nicely planned and open to more than violent regions, which is appreciating to see in terms of variety offered for Rp. Will await to see it in action. ^^

LiraKitty

Lord of Altera
Now I'm imagining the map as a Viking board game I once saw a playby on in Tabletop, which is fun to imagine! This looks nicely planned and open to more than violent regions, which is appreciating to see in terms of variety offered for Rp. Will await to see it in action. ^^
Oh dear, what have you done. I will never see HW the same again. :heart: