Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Rangere1's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Ranger

Villager
About me!

1) What’s your Minecraft username?
Rangere1.

2) How old are you?

3) What country are you from?
The U.S.

4) Have you read the King’s Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Players Guides yet?
Yes I have read through all of them.

5) In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information that your character wouldn’t know in order to do something irp. So say there’s been a murder of some random character with no evidence of who’s done it, then someone accidentally lets it slip ooc that they were the culprit. You can’t rush off and immediately try to arrest their character or start pressuring them because you gained this information out of character.

Powergaming is when a player continuously declares actions or forces roleplay without giving anyone a chance to respond to them. For example, someone is playing a self proclaimed ‘master swordsman’ and kills all the people who crp with them before they even have a chance to counter emote trying to parry or attack in turn.

6) Do we allow X-Rating mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, it says you cannot in rule B7.

7) Name one of our current Mentors.
223hero7

8) Tell us about yourself!
Hello! I’m Ranger and I’ve been doing mcrp for almost three years now I think, across a couple of different servers. I enjoy reading and writing, preferably books from the history and fantasy genres. I’m not really too picky when it comes to music, although what I listen to usually differs depending. I prefer dogs as pets, but I like just about all different kinds of animals. And to answer this question now, no, I am not the Ranger who ran Alaurin.

9) Do you have any examples of your work?
I write and sometimes skin on occasion. I might post some stuff if I end up getting accepted.

10) Did anyone refer you? If not, now did you find our server?
No, joining with a friend who found it.

About My Character!

Character Name:
Gwain.

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human.

Appearance:
Hair - Dark brown and usually shorter cut hair and beard.

Eyes - A lighter brown.

Skin - Lighter, though slightly tanned from spending extended periods of time outside and in smithies.

Attire - Usually a darker coat and cloak over his everyday wear.

(Optional) Picture of Skin:

Written Test:
Gwain was born in a small, rickety house in the slums of the city, to nothing, and as good as to no one. A bastard, with no idea of who his father was, he spent his first few miserable years living with his mother, a drunkard who was fond of beating him for seemingly no reason other than the fact that he existed. He did what he could to scavenge what he needed to survive until his twelfth year, when he’d finally had enough and decided to run away, taking his chances out on the streets with no where to go back to.

After spending months on the street, nearly freezing and starving several times over, Gwain tried to steal food from a merchants stand and ended up getting caught by the owner. A kind bystander, the local smith, payed of the merchant for the ruined goods and brought the unkempt boy back to his store to assist him in the forge.

Berrin, the smith who took Gwain in, was a hard man but also very fair. In return for keeping the shop and smithy clean and organized, he was given a bed to sleep in as well as plenty of food. As the years passed, Berrin also started to teach the boy the basics of smithing, a skill that he took to quickly and helping his mentor with increasing frequency.

On his eighteenth birthday, Berrin officially adopted Gwain as his son, promising to continue letting him working alongside him, but now with equal pay and a stake in the business. A few weeks later, while Berrin was out of the shop running a few errands, that a few less than savory types came by the smithy and started breaking a few things. Gwain of course confronted them, and the commotion eventually grew and led to blows, gathering a rather large crowd in the process.

It was not long after this that he met a beautiful young woman who started to come by the shop frequently, and it was not a rare sight for them to be seen chatting together for ever growing periods of time. During the occasions when they were together, his feeling for her continued to grow stronger as well. After a time the two were married, both of their families approving of the union, and finding themselves in a new town, plan to continue their lives together.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.