Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Regional Assembly of Hollowworld

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Greetings to all from the nation of Sincronia!

In light of the growing number of nations joining our fair Republic of Hollowworld, we believe it is important that a Regional Assembly of Hollowworld be created for peaceful forum between nations regarding international matters.

The three nations with the most endorsements shall be designated as assembly chairs (similar to the five permanent members on the UN's Security Council). All nations will have a vote in all matters, but assembly chairs can prevent a resolution from passing if one of them votes against the measure, with the exception of matters pertaining to the number of assembly chair members. Measures are carried by a 2/3 majority vote with all assembly chairs voting for the resolution.

Currently, the three nations with the most endorsements are:
Mantari (3)
Mechanica Rationalis (1)
Vallox Tor (1)

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Our first order of business pertains to the claiming of new territory within the region.

A series of volcanic eruptions in the southern seas have given rise to a new island chain. No nation has yet to lay claim to these islands, so I propose that we delegate the matter to this Assembly and settle the matter here, peacefully.

Sincronia will begin by proposing that the islands be left as land for a future nation to be created, one that is built by settlers from all current nations.

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
As the overlord of Volopia, Ray Cresill, I propose that we divide the islands amung each nation either by their need for land or by auction. Also, with the battles that have happened in the Crastion Isles as of late, can we just leeave any land as disputed?

Samchrist

Legend of Altera
As Emperor of Samuelanista, I suggest that we make of this island a kind of touristic island where all of the revenues could be given to the republic of hollow world. People from all around the world would like to see a newly formed island and it may attract some scientific.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
I second the proposal presented by Samuelanista.

It would be beneficial to have revenue to support this Assembly and the Republic's international conventions. Perhaps we could also designate the islands as the home of the Assembly and have them jointly ruled by our international committee.

I also relish the idea of designating the isles, or at least some of them, as reservations for scientists to explore and research; who knows what knowledge can be gleaned from these new-found creations! Imagine watching an island grow from its creation to the point where life begins to reside upon it!

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
I also think this is a splendid proposal, but one thing remains; who shall conduct this and enforce law? I propose that these are given to Displace Inc., a large company from Volopia. They are the entire military of Volopia, owner of a large city, a successful research industry, and some decent market in most other industries.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Sincronia, for one, does not believe that law enforcement should be delegated to any one nation or business; this does not sound as though it will produce the best results. Rather, the enforcement delegation should be comprised of a joint force sent from all nations, all nations willing to send a few troops, that is.

As for the business side, we believe that capitalism is the best route to take. Allow businesses from all nations to deal on selected islands and let us see which ones fare the best.

All businesses and law enforcement teams, as well as travelers to the isles, should be bound by the laws and regulations outlined by the World Assembly unless this assembly votes otherwise.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Mechanica Rationalis recommends that a scientific team be sent to examine the inhabitability of the islands before any settling take place. It would be unwise to build permanent high-value structures on an active volcano or unstable terrain, and the island must be examined in terms of soil fertility so as to reduce the cost of importing supplies.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Agreed.

Should we allow others, chiefly interested businesses, to terraform the islands so that they may be inhabited more readily if the islands prove too volatile for life at the present time?

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Negative.

Terraforming will not halt the possibility of further volcanic eruption or earthquake activity, especially considering how recently the islands formed.

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Being active volcanos, this brings forth an industry; lava made products. Thousands of items can be made from volcanic materials, all of which are on low supply and high demand. Atleast one island should be devouted to the strip mining and collection of the igneous stones and collection of magma. All this is also providable by Volopian companies.

Also, another note on the law enforcement officials, Displace ]=[ is capable of providing mercanary soldiers. They are sufficaly trained, well armed, and cheap.

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Sincronia feels that any joint ruling of a territory should be carried out under a jointly ruled enforcement agency, not a single corporation, to ensure that no one nation has any greater say than another, whether it be economic, political, or otherwise.

However, we do feel like it may be beneficial to attempt some sort of resource development on one of the islands, as a sort of experiment at the least. Perhaps a geothermal energy plant, or multiple ones for the multiple nations, could be built to harness the power of a volcano? Energy is always in high demand!

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
I propose the complete strip mining of a single island, extraction of igneous stones and lava/magma, and usage of natural magma pipes to assist in making geothermal power plants with the money gained from the mine, with enough Radiants/Other currency left over to buy three power plants and a hobo to live outside them!

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I propose the complete strip mining of a single island, extraction of igneous stones and lava/magma, and usage of natural magma pipes to assist in making geothermal power plants with the money gained from the mine, with enough Radiants/Other currency left over to buy three power plants and a hobo to live outside them!
Once again, there is the issue of vulcan instability. It is too dangerous to build any structures including mines of any sort due to the risk of volcanic eruption or earthquakes. Early thermal satellite imaging indicates that the fault line is still highly active and there is significant risk of ash eruption, which would destroy machines and asphyxiate (and lacerate the lungs of) organic life.

Mechanica Rationalis places its vote in favour of sending a research team of geologists, vulcanologists, chemical engineers, and seismologists to examine the islands for future habitability and resource exploitation. The team will be equipped with masks and protective gear as well as temporary prefabricated research structures. This team will depart as soon as the ash clouds around the islands settle and oceanic turbulence settles down.

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Well than, we take advantage of the lethality! I further propose we round up various criminals, and equip them with gear according to their crimes! The graffiti vandalist shall have enough to let the make until their dutys over with, and the death-row fellas will have just enough to make them work until their hands are numb! Displace can fully provide these, as they have plenty in their private prisons. Should we need more, we simply round up some cardboard box dwellers or those one fellows who live in a trailer park off food stamps! It will be cheap, effective, and downright profitable!

(Is it just me, or are you all feeling like those advisors on the daily issues?)

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
(That would actually be pretty awesome, if we all made our separate responses to an issue and sent it to NationStates; I believe that's how they make those daily issues in the first place.)

Sincronia feels that sending criminals to a volatile and lethal location purely in hopes that they are killed off is not only "wrong" but wasteful.

Criminals are people, and they should be treated accordingly! Like using them to perform tasks no one else would dare or be willing to and without having to pay them even minimum wage...

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Have you ever seen the Volopian crime punishment system? It's highly effective and profitable! And plus, theives can get out of prison after only a month at times, for you see, they spend their time doing labor for the best possible punishment and to supply profit! Plus, we are currently restoring and modernizing some colleseams which shall use convicts in battle! No one loses here, you know this. Plus, most of the people we send are either on death row or shall agree to do this for early release.

Ray1333

Lord of Altera
Recently, the company formally known as Displace is requesting permission to reform under new leadership. To all unaware, this is the same company that attempted to conquer Durjinga and started a civil war when we stood in there way. They are as of now a congregation of the various individuals who acquired the various pieces (which, conversing its size, makes many many MANY portions) of Displace upon it's disbanding. One could easily see our concerns. Normally such a large-scale business merge would be supported, but given Displace's history, we thought it best to acquire international opinions.

Shrimpsy

Lord of Altera
Durjinga vehemently opposes the notion of Displace Inc. reforming. However, it also wishes this to go over in a peaceful manner and the individuals who own fragments to not be disadvantaged. Therefore, it suggests that the Volopian government have the individuals receive monetary recompensation for their fragments of Displace, and then the Volopian government either rid itself of it or Durjinga reluctantly trade resources against the whole of Displace, that Durjinga may rid itself of it.