Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Roads

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
The roads from Port Silver were built by staff, but we would like to leave roads to other cities to the players. However we all know that no one can build outside regions. So this is where the Builder Rank comes in.

Region owners would need to recommend a user for builder rank, making sure the roads stay a good quality and fitting in with the server theme. So being able to plan ahead and edit maps would be preferable for a Builder. Here is the current map with the Port Silver - Sorrows town Road.

roadsmap.jpg

How to organize getting a Builder?

Well! A road always has to go somewhere, so speaking with the other town owner is the first thing to do, making sure they are okay with connecting is important.

The second part would be making sure a road would be possible at all and how far it would go. This is why marking the map or planning out is important. Roads follow terrain, they don't cut into mountains or flatten hills (Dwarves would probably do that though xD) or go straight much at all. If they travel too close to another region (passing their protection area) then they would need to be contacted.

Studying the Surface view of the map would help with planning out as well.

So get as much planned out first, then send me a conversation message with preferably these people in it:
The First Region owner (The one starting the road)
The Second Region owner (The one the road will travel to)
The Builder selected (more than one is fine)

Then:
An image or description of where the road will travel, if it will split to another region. Things like that.

What are the Builder Perms?

Builders will be able to build outside regions. That's all. :D. They will be able to fly like a donator rank, but it's only temporary. Unfortunately any abuse of the rank will get it removed.

Last edited:

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Hmmm, well there's only a few towns available to link up with PS via roads. I suppose if anything they could make a 'proposal' thread to link up to PS? That way everyone can see they want to make that link and there shouldn't be any miscommunications of "Who approved this?" xD

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Updated the map with what we currently have.
More roads are coming soon, but if you want a road to your town, post here ! :)

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Actually, speaking of roads. If a road is built, is it allowed to use the creative mode to add little camps and such along the way?

-K9

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Whilst that would be a good idea for most roads, but this would be impractical between Stormhold and Fayel.
I'm not talking about Stormhold or Fayel...

-K9