Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Roleplay with medieval speech?

Do you want Medieval Speech in Roleplay?

• Total voters

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Fine.
"Go" is a verb used today
"rubarb" is a crop that is still grown today, and is used in jelly
"yourself" is a relative pronoun still used today.

Therefore yours does not count either.

Gaby

Lord of Altera
lolwhut?
this is starting to get ridiculous!
ok, commoners use simple english, kings and knights use shakesperian! And if you're a special case, imagine how your char grew up. generally speaking, if you're a non-human from an advanced civilization, use varying degrees of shakesperian (like elves, for instance), and if you're from the wild, then use very simple speech (like how meg talks!)
problem solved.

Bloodwyvern13

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hell, I speak a horrible collection of confusing shortenings of words and grammatically poor sentences. Because A) I'm a foreigner and B) I'm a commoner :p no Knightly courtly speeches for me :p

Gaby

Lord of Altera
exactly! and I'm a lowly villager turned werewolf, so no kingly stuff for me, either!
oh, wait, I am engaged to a knight...
oh, well I haven't been taught proper ettiquete, so it's still peasantspeak!
gonna have to get used to that...

Bloodwyvern13

Loyal Servant of Altera
You continue to talk about one set of people.
What about the itallians?
The british?
The Romans?
The Greeks?
The Spanish?
The Indians?
The Mayans?
and you might say "thats not english" but the server is a "Medieval, Rennisance, and Fantasy Server"
okay one small part of this irks me. The British. England. Is Part of Britain. Britain was not a medieval concept in the way it is today, hell even today some people take offence at being called British. Just in "Britain" not even "Great Britain" you have three very distinct cultural groups. ((English, Scottish and Welsh)) and that's without even taking into account regional differences.

/rant