Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Roleplay][Wolfstadt] A letter to Leo

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
THIS LETTER IS SENT ONLY TO THE ADRESSES OF ALL WOLFSTADT MEMBERS WITHIN THE CITY. IT WAS SENT WITH MUCH CONFIDENTIALITY. THERE ARE MORE THAN 16 PLAYER CHARACTERS LIVING IN WOLFSTADT

Brothers of Wolfstadt
, we in the council have recieved word that Leothor Araroldwen is alive and well and living in Heaven's Reach. I shall spare you all an introduction on him and his pursuits, for I'm sure you've all heard long and detailed stories of his legendary exploits and heroic actions that have changed our world for the better. We of the council voted that he should be invited to take refuge from his current rivals in our fair city of Wolfstadt. Here follows the letter that was sent to him sealed with the Archduke's seal. We expect to receive a reply rather soon.

Leothor
, I have received word of your resurgence in the world.
I understand that you may see no reason to read this, but to prove my worth, I now tell you that I am the son of Lilana who was, in turn, the daughter of a certain elf named Ele Sinya, whom I'm certain you knew. I shall say no more on the topic of these women, for if this letter were intercepted there would be far too much learned about myself and us as a whole.

I am now an oligarch of the newly founded city of Wolfstadt. Here we would all be welcoming of a great elf such as yourself and you would find none of the kind of lesser beings whom I'm sure have been giving you trouble in your current state of living publicly. I invite you to come and stay here with us, with your comrades.

It is of utmost importance that you bring only those whom you trust most. For many wish to see you removed from this world. Be sure that none follow you on this journey here, for if certain men were to learn of our taking you in, dark times would be upon all of us. I wish you safety on your journey. May the wind be at your back.

-Alphonse de Rieu

Con

Lord of Altera
It was late that night and Krimil had lit a small candle so that he could read the letters and various other notes that had arrived at the Ararodwen residence. Tax bills, trade receipts, tedious letter from curious neighbours, it all meant nothing to Krimil, but Leo would never get through it. But then one caught his eye, with a seal he did not recognise, he opened it and it talked about a new city he had not heard of. Krimil frowned slightly and then raised a single eyebrow as he got further through the letter. He got up from his chair and went downstairs to tell Leo. Remembering Leo had told him not to disturb him, Krimil could only imagine what his reaction would be.

Markisbeest

Lord of Altera
As the dusk settles Benito Cesare opens the letter and settles himself down in his chair by the fire. He reads it's contents with an emotionless face.
After finishing it, he tosses the letter in the fire. With a twisted mouth he mumbles to himself: "Filthy elves."

NinjaTangerine

Lord of Altera
Federico Cesare sat up from his bed, rolling his eyes in satire as he trailed through the ramblings of the rival Viscount. One the mention of Leothor, his eyebrows raised slightly, but as a tender hand reached up his chest, the quiet calling of his wife laying beside him averted his attention immediately. He rolled to face her, before crumpling the letter in his hand, and tossing it to the blazing fire at the foot of their bedroom, happily murmuring to his beloved tales of legend, and his loathing for elves.

dogbew

Lord of Altera
Urza looks to the skies, noticing a carrier pigeon flying towards him. Surely it couldn't be for him, he thought, taking a look around him to notice that he was the only person near. Grabbing the bird from in front of him, Urza removes the letter and gives it a read.
"Surely father would know better than to involve me." He signs, balling up the parchment and tossing it down one of the many mountains of Hound-Ru.

Jinx

Lord of Altera
Dante stands on the bow of his ship looking towards the coast of Wolfstadt. The sight of a hawk carrying a letter blesses his eyes. Dante rushes to the crows nest taking the all familiar trip of the climb to the top of the ship. The letter sits still weighted down by the heavy wax pinning it to the plank it rested upon. The wax bared the sign of the "de Rieu" family. Dante crumbles his face, thinking if he should be bothered to even break its seal. Reluctantly he opens the letter and skimming through the first section slowing down to pay more attention to the matter. Dante crumbles the paper in to a ball and throws it overboard and watches as the wind carries it away until it meets the ocean. Raising his fist he slams it on the rim of the crows nest, and blankly stares towards Wolfstadt. Regrettably tells the crew to turn the ship back to Wolfstadt.

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
Leo was sitting face down on his desk, he was slowly falling asleep. There was nothing of importance to do in his time, his realm seemed a distant memory or something akin to a lost fading dream. Feeling the tendrils of the night slowly take him from this small townhouse, he felt a feeling of bliss...
Then sadly the sound of heavy boots came up the stairs, Leo bolted upwards in his chair. Pretending that he had been working and keeping busy the entire time.
"Ahem, m'lord" Said Krimil, Leo's Dwarven Huscarl and loyal ally.
"Yes, can't you see I am extremely busy Krimil?" Leo replied with an aura of spite.
"Aye, of course Lord. But this letter bears a noble seal previously unseen to me."
Leo's interest spiked, a mysterious letter from a noble house unknown to his old ally?
This was perhaps something worth his time.
"Fetch here then, I'm sure I can take a break from this important work"
Krimil grunted then walked across the room, placing the letter on the desk on which Leo was previously falling asleep upon. He then retreated backwards but did not leave, It would seem the letter had peaked the dwarf's interest as well.
Taking a silver letter opener, Leo cut the wax seal which held the letter shut with a single movement.
---
Leo unfolded the parchment. After taking a moment to read the contents of the letter, he placed the letter down and sat in his chair and held his chin for a moment.
"Something troubling ye m'lord" asked Krimil.
Leo shuck his head, "It's nothing..."
Leo sat there thinking, heh nothing... Another one of his descendants? It seemed it was all the rage these days among the silver elf nobility.... the ones that mattered anyway.
"Krimil, I must write a letter back. It is of extreme importance. I however would appreciate the privacy"
"Aye..." Krimil grumbled before marching out of the room.
Leo cleared the desk, taking one of the pieces of parchment he was almost sleeping on. He grabbed his quill and began writing:

To the most honourable, Alphonse de Rieu.

I wish you good health and prosperity, if your claims are true, I welcome such a entrance into my glorious dynasty. You however must understand my hesitance to rush to conclusions on this matter and it's delicate nature. Family is of uttermost importance to me at this point, and you must understand the amount of claimants to my glorious family name. I wish to take up on your offer and travel to this "Wolfstadt", to verify such claims and to observe this city of yours.

Wishing you to understand my hesitation, Leorthor Aradrowen.
-True king of the elves and chosen highbourne.

Bellas Godref Noss

Dr.Patriot

Lord of Altera
Alphonse walked outside of his abode, feeling his daily feeling of anticipation as he approached his mailbox. He grabbed a handful of letters that he, under normal circumstances, would have treated with utmost care. Murmuring to himself, he swept through the letters, quickly looking at the name written on each one. Then he found it. At last he found it.

He began to smile and give a very quiet laugh of sincere happiness. He almost teared up because of it.

He quickly walked inside and wrote two copies of the letter down. One to send to his son, Urza, so that he may, too, get the good news. The second copy was made to be sent to his comrade Otto, Archduke, so that he could begin to anticipate the new arrival to the city.