Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Rome II Total War

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
Well the time has come fellow Total War fanatics, Rome II has been announced! I for one, am beyond excited for its release. What's your thoughts?
---​

S

Stevey

Let's see what this will be like then. I loved the original rome, medieval and medieval II but I didn't like Empire, Napoleon and Shogun that much.

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
Oh mah gawd i was just talking about how awesome Rome II would be if they made it the other day with my dad!
Mewantmewantmewant!

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
Just saw this on Gameinformer, immediately came here to post it, you lot are rather quick on the uptake :p .

Looking forward to this immensely, not looking forward to the fact its almost certainly going to use Steam. Naval battles are gonna be hectic, all those galleys competing for the space to line up a ram.

Gonna kill me some Gauls :)

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
Only thing im gonna hate about the game is that instead of letting us unlock factions like good ol' times we have to buy them for 5$ -.-

shizzel2442

Loyal Servant of Altera
Get pumped people, Creative Assembly is planning big things for multiplayer. I for one, loved Shogun's avatar conquest and co-op campaigns. Hopefully, both come back, and they add more schtuff. I was hoping for a Total War: China, or some sort of Eastern Total War, because they have never touched Mongolia, Korea, or China. Still, Rome is my favorite, and I can't wait for this!

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
I'm trying not to get over excited as its only just been announced but i'm liking the sound of things like Legion's getting their own traits, amphibious assaults etc etc.

Give game now pls.

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
Here is an update I'm sure most of your RTW fans will enjoy. Click here. Basically it's Total War's lead designer gives us a sneak peek at what is to come.. Beach landing anyone?

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Oh..... My............................. God.......................
What is this? I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I loved the original Rome Total War, Medieval II Total War, and Empires! Didn't get around to installing Napoleon yet but anyway. This is amazing! I want it! I want it so badly!

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
I really hope that 'Co-op' Campaign is introduced this time round after the false promises from Napoleon, me and a friend of mine finally got our internet connections to talk to each other a little while back and were annoyed to find out that the only co-op campaign you can do will eventually have you fighting each other as your victory conditions include the other players capital, a missed opportunity if you ask me.

But regardless i'll be buying / pre-ordering / threatening people on the release date in order to have this game, I care not for its inevitable launch bugs!!!

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
Campaign felt empty. Dunno how to explain.
This is the original Rome total war you are talking about right? if so your opinion surprises me slightly, when I think back through the games Rome's campaign was fairly full of events, you had the variety of the senate missions, the marius reforms, the push for control of Rome (if playing a roman faction), the battle with the Senate forces and the historical events. Empire and Medieval seemed to have less events / missions but made up for it with expansions and alternate campaigns.

However I can see where you're coming from, naval battles were not playable back then, certain factions had limited units and buildings (i'm looking at you Britons) and senate missions could get repetitive / annoying when they set unreasonable demands. To each his own I suppose I still enjoyed the game :) .

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Shogun was a great game and first non port release for CA. Mongol is a good challenge.

Medieval showed everyone that CA can improve on thier previous work and had an excelent campaign. Vikings went further by bringing one of the best campaign settings I have ever seen.

Rome was a good attempt at capturing a complex history. It brought the best parts of the previous two and made them better. Barbarians was also good and gave a very different feeling to itself. Also it is one of the best games that has modding capabilites ever. Alexander gave an interesting twist to the series, especially using Brian Blessed.

Medival II was epic. It was one of the first games that I ever bought on release. It has an amazing history and longevity in it (300 plus hours atleast so far). Kingdoms was amazing especialy the variety in the different settings.

Empire and Napoleon I didnt get for a while. I got them last year as a gold boxset. Empire has amazing ship-to-ship combat which was a very good addition. Empire also has a good set of campaigns, I am playing through the American one at the moment. It also had a HUGE range of battlefields and places to conquer.

Napoleon I have not played a lot of but from what I have played so far is the best game set in thateriod I have ever played.

Shogun II took the rest of the series and has given me a lot of fun. Easily as good as the original but with all the good things from Empire.

Fall of the Samurai I have yet to play as my desktop is slightly unwell. BUT I AM LOOKING FORWARDS TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
This was the point of it.
Yeah I know, I hardly expected the tribal Britons to have complicated / intricate buildings but I did get bored playing as them after a while knowing that there wouldn't be any extra stuff further down the line.

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
One of my favorite campaigns is Rise of the Samurai, I just love that one but Rome will always be my favoritestestest of them all :heart: