Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Fan-Fic Selkies, The New Fish-Men of Altera

PitaChipBoi

Lord of Altera
Nut_Jooce
Nut_Jooce
gladius_by_jmp01-d712j34.jpg
This is what a selkie would look like, a male atleast. Not all of them are purple, some are salmon red or pink, blue, silver, black, or gray. Just an idea, I know Altera just deleted 3 races, but I think it's worth a try. These Selkies are like dolphins, They require very little oxygen and can live underwater for a week before needing a few breaths of air. Tell me what you think in the comments, if you think its stupid, say so! I won't be offended, and I am open to new ideas.

Wild Selkies live in tribes underwater. Male leaders would have an extra row of teeth and "gulls" on the top of their head, or kind of fin lining from their nose to back.

Selkies are average intelligence. They are adept swimmers, and eat smaller sea creatures, like fish. Some tribes worship whales, as they see them are the mothers and fathers of the sea.

Last edited:

PitaChipBoi

Lord of Altera
Nut_Jooce
Nut_Jooce
Good idea I think, nice muscular race so you don't have to play earthspawn and marine to replace the syrie!
They don't have to be muscular, but I had a sort of vision that if they get really mad, they get a bigger, like the hulk. It only makes them scarier, but does not actually give them any strength perks and whatnot. Or, they can just grow a few inches at will, like some animals will spread wings or something to look bigger to scare away predators

RecklessSquid

Lord of Altera
I dunno, the big green Shrek looking tough guys of altera kinda look like orcs to me, I have to agree with builderpet on that, the lore doesn't change the fact that they look like orcs. Personally i don't think unoriginality is the problem here. The fact that 3 races have been removed from altera recently to keep population density up is possibly the main reason to turn this down (even though shark people sound awesome :D)

BarbarianGaming

Lord of Altera
Also Baron, dwaves and elves arent original... also earthspawn are oviously orcs renamed.
This would be true . . . If there wasn't detailed lore on where they came from and how the Alteran Dwarves
and Elves differ from let's say Middle Earth Dwarves and elves.
I think not. Go read up on the lore, mate.
This too.

EDIT: This is difference between Orc and Earthspawn.

Last edited: