Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Short Stories Thread

Did you come to this thread to read, or write?

• Total voters

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
Hey everyone!

Opening up a new thread in which people can write their own short stories on, and just let their imagination go wild!

Rules:
  • Has to be lengthy - I know it is easy to write a sentence but be lengthy with your story please
  • Has to be finished in one part - The point of it being short stories is that people can easily read them, so stories must start and end in one post; if you wish to continue, either ask me or continue on a seperate thread
  • Has to be suitable - Although I do sometimes enjoy reading stories of how peoples days were or how their holiday went, but this is a place purely for role-playing. Also, as usual, no cursing in your stories, and try not to get to gorey when it comes to them (but I understand a little gore if you are in a fight scene :D)
  • Can be about any character - It doesn't have to be restricted to your character, and can be anyone you choose
  • Give feedback - I would love for people to give others feedback and compliments when they write something, as it makes them better writers and it may give confidence to people who want to write stories too
And lastly, why did I open this thread, and in the artwork section? I opened it because people may enjoy writing and not enjoy drawing, and this gives a chance for those people to do what they want, and have a place in which to do it in. Furthermore, don't feel like just because you draw you can't write, this thread is open to all who want to be creative! This thread is in the artwork section simply because:

'A picture is worth a thousand words'

So why can't words paint a great picture?

TheAllBlackMan

Adorable according to Michcat
Give me a three digit number between 000 and 999. I have three lists of people, places, and props that correspond to each digit. I'll see what I can do!

TheAllBlackMan

4=umbrella 0=comedian 3=hotel Let's go!

Donald Rinter was overjoyed when he became somewhat of a local celebrity in his small town. It wasn't for heroism or for good looks or for winning the lottery. He was actually a fairly good prop comic. But nothing could prepare him for what would become his last gig.
He was performing his routine in the St. Paulsen hotel when he got the inevitable heckler. To try and get a laugh out of him he used his signature bit where he examined the rain. He reached for the umbrella in his threadbare duffel bag and started his bit. He went to open it and the darn thing flew apart sending shrapnel everywhere. One piece managed to hit him in the face with an audible "THWACK". He then played it up pretending he had concussed from the impact. Still no laughter from the heckler, though. Then he saw his chance. He put down the prop bag and started doing straight up stand-up. The crowd absolutely roared! The incident, however, caused him to reexamine his chioces. He never imagined standing on stage and talking could be so dangerous. The cut on his eyebrow continued to remind him how close he came to serious injury. Not only that but he ignored the pain thinking it was merely part of the healing. Not only that he didn't know how dirty that umbrella was. After seven weeks the relatively shallow wound refused to heal and began to smell of rotten fish. Week nine, it was actually starting to get bigger. It was at this point that he decided to see his physician. One little prick with a scalpel and a reddish brown fluid came pouring out as if it was water over Niagra Falls. Donald had come down with a rare condition known to most as the flesh-eating bacteria. He had little money for the intensive chemotherapy required to save his life. He was admitted to the hospital and made comfortable. Unfortunately he perished the next night in his sleep. His funeral was held in the same hotel where his last performance was. Who came up to speak but the heckler, Raul. He teared up as he explained he blamed himself for Donald's death. He even volunteered to be a pallbearer as a show of respect. To this day Raul still has contact with the Rinter family and has actually become an indespensible friend.

TheAllBlackMan

Well done man, good use of three words that pretty much have nothing to do with each other, but somehow liked together well.
The freakiest part is once I got my topic it all just flowed out. My brain would go on a tangent and I'd follow that and see where it took me. What you see there is my first attempt with only proofreading and minor word changes applied. The ending was kinda forced, though.

Bluebird157

Lord of Altera
The freakiest part is once I got my topic it all just flowed out. My brain would go on a tangent and I'd follow that and see where it took me. What you see there is my first attempt with only proofreading and minor word changes applied. The ending was kinda forced, though.
gimme yo list! :mad: thats what my mind does :eek: :p

TheAllBlackMan

gimme yo list! :mad: thats what my mind does :eek: :p
I would, but I'm having some issues... I'll have to put them up in three lists... First number is the prop, second the person, third, the place.

Props. 0: map 1: basket 2: car keys 3: wedding ring 4: umbrella 5: trash bin 6: radio 7: sculpture 8: man's suit 9: violin
People 0: comedian 1: traffic cop 2: science teacher 3: foot doctor 4: rabbit 5: car salesman 6: gardener 7: scorpion
8: bride 9: auctioneer
Places 0: museum 1: golf course 2: grocery store 3: hotel 4: thunderstorm 5: sandy beach 6: bank 7: middle of a lake
8: airport 9: sports event

Blue, your number thanks to random.org is 841