Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished Silas Cathedral Construction Thread

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Decorative-Line-Black-PNG-Pic.png
A cathedral to Silas will be constructed at Burglarshire entirely through legit RP.
This thread keeps a log and updates on the construction.

You know me to be a man that RP's everything out if he gets the chance. This is the ultimate project
to me: RPing out, legitly, the construction of an entire cathedral. (or at least, attempting it) This
means who-ever is interested has to do some OOC googling about the subject and see what your
character will be able to do. This includes (if you like it) making sketches of proposed parts of the
cathedral. I hope to not use any NPC supplied features. Every part of this cathedral is to be
tied to real players helping out. A unique project I'd say.

In medieval times, it took years to construct a cathedral. Sometimes the half-finished cathedral laid
dormant for a few years because there was no money to buy the needed building materials. The
entire community was involved. People raising money for the project, masons building it, carpenters
creating beams, etc.

You are very much invited to join in on this 'event' that will be ongoing for a long time, I expect.
Because we won't be just building OOCly, we are going to have to construct and carve every bit of it
out in RP. Make scaffolding if we go up, etc. We will need people keeping logs in books of the works
that are done, of the money spent on materials, the names of the people who help, all in RP.
We'll also need materials, so house-owner / region-owners, characters with power: do join in!

I hope to see many people helping along every now and then. We'll be constructing every SUNDAY
from 20:00h GMT onwards. We'll construct on many other times too, but this is going to be the main time to come together.​
The Cathedral I'm drawing inspiration from is Sheffield's Cathedral:

RULES of building the cathedral:
- No one character may place more than 15 blocks per OOC day (subject to change)
- No one character that has not studied construction may design parts of the site
- Every character may help build, only under guidance of a character that has constructional skills.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Sketches and OOC research upon cathedral construction.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
In Game scr shots of the project with accompanying dates.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
People who have been or are involved:
Kublai Kull - Kajuit - Carpenter - Supplying wooden structures

Pandora12Q

Lord of Altera
Legend
Retired Staff
Pan_12Q
Pan_12Q
Legend
The fact its sheffields cathedral makes me want in, mainly because I can walk to it and look around

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Has word been spread of this project? If so my char would be willing to donate a hefty sum to see this built.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Has word been spread of this project? If so my char would be willing to donate a hefty sum to see this built.
Yes it has, I'll post a poster and I'll post it in the rumors thread :)