Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Deceased Sir James of Haven

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good

rsz_sir_james_of_haven_ref.jpg

Sir James 2.png
First Impression: A burly man respectable of stature and straight of posture, his presence and mannerisms indicative of one who is recognized to be in a position of authority and prestige.
Current Status: Fortunately alive and well. Current inclination to remain around Breakwater more than venture from its walls, passing his time through many spars and training sessions.

Line Divider 2.png

General Information:

Name: James Harrister. This is due to being granted the right to adopt a surname, through King Peter's allowance, for lack of one of birth.
Other Names: He has gone by no other alias, save for oft being recognized as 'Sir' or 'Knight.'
Full Titles: Sir James of Haven, as received upon his knighting. Kaisherwache of King Peter I.

Age: Two-and-four (24) summers, and he rightfully appears to be this age.
Date of Birth: He was not of enough importance to have this recorded.
Gender: To those not lacking functioning sight and hearing, plainly a male.
Race: Entirely and thoroughly a human.
Sexuality: Heterosexual, and has not paid enough mind to inquire after romance.
Current Residence: The capital city of Breakwater, of the Kingdom of Anhald.
Allegiance: Pledged to the service of King Peter I as a member of his Kingsguard.
Social Status: Some form of discernible nobility.

Physical Appearance:
Height: Claims the ability to look down upon or in the eye of most folk, measuring at roughly six feet and two inches (6'2").
Weight: Within a range of approximately one-hundred and ninety (190) to two-hundred (200) pounds.
Build of Body: Respectable bulk and self-crafted thickness are a noticeable asset of his own, prominently within his chest and upper arms.
Be mindful that while he has tempered his musculature to an extent of significance, he is by no means built excessively or brutish and maintains himself to the point of allowing fluid control of his body and motions.
Eye Colour: Hazel, in the sense of brown with a prominent greenish hue.
Skin Colour: Caucasian, lightly tanned due to frequent exposure of the sun.
Shape of Face: Square, with the impression of a strong, defined jawline.
Complexion: Fairly rough and weather-beaten, though lacking any prominent blemishes or spots.
Distinguishing Features: The presence of his gaze is like to be felt, though otherwise, none.
Scars: While he does boast a fair assortment from spars and training, none are particularly anything to be regarded highly of.
Hair Colour: A darkened, ashy brown in shade, that may be mistaken for black.
Hair Style: Cropped and held to a somewhat short length as to prevent it from impeding his vision, with mild curls. Sports a well-trimmed beard.
Posture: Proper, stiff. Partially relaxes when not on duty or in the public eye.
Is Seen By Others As: Dependent on perception. He may be regarded as a somewhat intimidating knight, or a bastard in armour in which to actively defy.

Personality and Traits:
Education: Afforded a higher education than many would be fortunate enough to have received, as befitting of his status and position.
General Intelligence: A tendency to carefully observe surroundings, analyze facts and arrive at a practical course of action results in a reasonably high intelligence.
Languages: The Common speak most often, though was also taught the basic structures of the Lavoy tongue.
General Attitude: Passive indifference and a curt, blunt manner of communication result in the interpretation of a rather detached approach to most.
General Sociability: Outside of dutiful actions and instructions, is most like to only initiate conversation should his interest and desire to do so be piqued for any reason.
Religious Inclination: The Lord of the Sun, Ignis Synnove.
Alignment: Lawful neutral.
Short Term Goals: Develop talent with swordsmanship. See Aleksei become a knight. Teach his page.
Long Term Goals: Ensure the safety of King Peter. Grow the House of Harrister to prominence.

Line Divider 2.png

Possessions:
Wardrobe: His most recurrent attire is that of a plain, dulled gambeson accompanied by a darkened burgundy, full traveling cloak. Leather gloves at his hands.
Upon his legs are trousers of simple make, then supple boots that ascend to his shins.
The surface of the boots are braced of a low quality metal, similarly seen in cuffs at his wrists.
Jewelry: Has little mind to care for jewelry, and as such none is displayed upon his person.
Owned Homes: Resides within the barracks of Breakwater's keep, occupying no proper house of his own.
Carried Inventory: The sheath of his grosse messer is at his hip at nearly all times, accompanied by a rondel dagger. A small, tied off purse of coins.
General Wealth: A suitable amount in that he is capable of living comfortably, though without excessive luxuries.

Combat:
Peaceful or Violent: Peaceful to the extent that he does not engage in violence merely for the sake of violence. Sensible reasoning does prod violent reaction if necessary.
Weaponry: Has since disarmed himself of Bec de Corbin in favour of swordsmanship. There is a fondness for the longsword, especially, at the present time.
Whether or not this will remain a permanent alteration is uncertain to himself.
Combat Training: Engages in training on near daily basis, in both the form of sparring with the other combatants of Anhald and developing technique upon training dummies.
Armour: A hounskull helm, steel shoulder plates, and the plate of the Kingsguard upon chest and leggings.
Exposed beneath is a simple green tunic, and fastened to shoulder a deep green half-cape.
This is worn only when performing duty or to battle.

Line Divider 2.png

Health:
Illnesses: At the present time, none that would provide a risk to his wellbeing; none at all, in fact.
Allergies: Similar to his lack of illnesses. He is not aware of having any, at least.
Injuries: No injures to be concerned of as of the current time.
Sleeping Habits: Frequently amasses anywhere from five to seven hours of sleep on a typical night.
Energy Levels: Enough to attend to the daily duties expected of himself, with enough to spare later for sparring or training sessions. Typically worn come the time to sleep, then prepared to do it all again the following day.
Eating Habits: He eats well, and fairly large meals when doing so. Enjoys various meats and cheeses the most.
Exercise Habits: Strives to perform at least one hour of weaponry training each day, if only on practice dummies. Spends a lot of his time on his feet.
Unhealthy Habits: Occasionally has to remind himself to make the addition of vegetables to his meals rather than cakes or desserts.
Memory: If there is an event or detail of prominence there is a little chance that he will fail to recall it. Faces, once familiar, do not slip his mind much.
Drinking Habits: While he does enjoy a tankard of ale or other brews, it has been a long while since the man has indulged to intoxication.

History:
Birthplace: He has little recollection of his place of birth, having been sent to Haven at a young age.
Childhood: Served as a page in Haven's court throughout the years of his childhood.
Teenage Years: Progressing to a squire beneath one of the many knights of Haven.
Adulthood: Upon completing his service as a squire he was knighted himself, receiving the title 'Sir James of Haven.'
Family History: His family prior to dispatch to Haven was so lowborn they did not even have a surname. Unimportant, thusly.
Past Places Traveled: He has never once drifted from the boundaries of the Northern Kingdoms, and knows only of the lands within.

Last edited:

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Relationships:
Relevant Family Members: None. He has not associated with them since departure.
Romantic Interests: Alison Kane.
Respected: Sir Jason of Breakwater. King Peter I. Jeor Varyn.
Trusted: King Peter I. Sir Jason of Breakwater. Jeor Varyn. Aleksei Ivanov.
Friendly With: Lady Elaine d'Aubigne.
Fond Of: Lord Godric Varyn. Bo Sweetguard. Jacqueline d'Evreaux.
Loose Acquaintances: Sir Parlo of Haven. Sir Garen Dormus. Sylvi Varyn.
Indifferent To: Lady Dathlue. Sir Vlad. The serving girl Aislinn.
Disfavored Individuals: Archaeus Fronte. Tzemik Kevasn. Raphael Payne.
Wary Of: Vorar.
Hated: None.
Line Divider 2.png

In-Depth Relations:
King Peter I ( Cap ): Sworn to the man in service as a knight of his Kingsguard, and would rightfully sacrifice his own life for his King should this action ever become necessary. He trusts Peter's word in nearly every regard and instruction, and would only think to question it should he feel particularly strongly of another stance or thought. There is rarely a time in which guests seeking an audience with the King would fail to see James at his side. Beyond recognizing him as merely his King, and within times of not performing formal duties, he has come to view Peter as a companion, as well, finding his company to be more appealing than most folk.

Sir Jason of Breakwater ( Rygan ): As the Commander of - and the man who had sought him out upon James's designation to - the Kingsguard, he finds a certain compelling admiration of the boy knight. Upon a greater introduction of Jason beyond that of which position grants, he looks to him as another that would evoke a sense of camaraderie - should he have been granted more time in his presence. Witnessing the events that led to his death inspired a deeply-rooted respect for the man past the exceptional talent of the sword.

Sir Jeor Varyn ( Arken ): His second brother of the Kingsguard, and a man in which he holds a gratefulness to for aiding in familiarizing James with his duties, the city of Breakwater, and those of the Kingdom. Although he has not observed Jeor's combat ability firsthand, the manner in which he presents himself - and his position, of course - reflects the impression of being a gifted combatant. Appreciative of the fact he does not attempt to bring about excessive aimless conversation, and hopes that he will soon familiarize himself with Jeor to the extent of friendship, as well.

Aleksei Ivanov
( blargtheawesome ): James is now certain that he hosts a fondness for the Quartermaster, as quirky as it may still be. Aleksei succeeds in intriguing him to some extent, in such a manner that he cannot quite place. Perhaps it is amusement, perhaps it is a sense of friendship following their further dealings with one another that he would not yet be prepared to plainly admit to. He commends the man's courage, and is somewhat bemused at their apparent ability to clash opinion and moral in such a way that provokes productivity rather than exasperation, if even disagreeing with some of his methods and thoughts. It is helpful that Aleksei does not find insult to James's manner of interaction, and even-more so responds in what my be considered a similar fashion. James would now be significantly more upset if Aleksei were to be killed, and would likely apply an effort to reciprocate the gesture should another have brought about this result.

Alison Kane ( Elz ): An intriguing woman, certainly. James finds a peculiar appeal to her, both in that of physical nature and in experiencing solace and peace in her company. She continues to allure him further, and with that comes a procession of attempting to win her over with gifts and courtesies. He would not deny that he has considered the potential of engaging in engagement by becoming engaged to her.

Last edited:

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
Format of character profile is a mix of the newest one posted by Niek Morenta and the common one from Faelin, so thanks to them for that cool stuff. Some things were intentionally left out to encourage the discovery of them through RP, yo, and a lot of additions will likely come as this new character progresses and develops.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
Put Godric on relations when they exist.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
This was due an update, and so an update it received. Relations will come later on because I'm tired now.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
(Since I can't be bothered to update the profile or relations, have this. The chances of it actually being found are extremely slim unless someone searches his house in Breakwater and it is not already burned to the ground or ruined.)

*Atop one of James' fine wooden desks, in the upper levels of his home, a portion of a sheet of parchment pokes out within the midst of a book. Written in formal, practiced script, it reads.*

"I write before the impending battle. I do not why it is I write. It is no letter; it will not be sent to anyone. Perhaps it is a manner of calming myself.

I think it strange how much my hand shakes as I hold this quill. I cannot recall a time I was as uncertain as now, nor had I expected to be concerned of our attackers.

I'm fucking terrified.

Breakwater's walls are true, strong. The resolve of the men that will be manning them stronger still. I cannot justify to myself why it is I anticipate the worst results to come. It is not the fault of the men to be at my side, but I fear we may not emerge the better half. Near all the bloody kingdoms despise us, rally even half and you've thrice our numbers. It would not be unlikely that's what will occur on this day.

Perhaps that is why I write. To free myself of the thoughts that will never come to words.

Jason and Jeor, I have never regarded anyone higher than the pair of you. Never have I encountered men with talents of arms that match those of yours, and only your hearts and spirits exceed it. Were I to see the smiling faces of my sons, should that day come, I would hope they reflect the qualities of the both of you. I am honoured to have served with such exceptional men, and considered them to be my brothers. I was entrusted to be the final piece of your guard, and I only hope I had managed to meet your expectations.

Peter, you have extended beyond being only the kingly figure I hold in high esteem. It takes a damn outstanding man to make even a fine king, and I would scoff at anyone suggesting there is a greater one than you. You are a man of your word, and a man of your people. You've gained my respect as my leader and my sword and life as your guard, all with proper deserving. I am glad to have gained the opportunity to call you my friend, and I am even more thankful I am not a woman. I dare say our companionship was enough to warrant an effort to woo me, you lustful bastard. If I fall today, it is in the hands of Jason or Jeor to hold any secrets of whores from your wife.

Aleksei, I struggle to find a line between regarding you as my "squire," or family. I had thought you a fool upon our first meetings, never had I expected to encounter such fondness as I hold in you now. If I were to place my life in the hands of any, it would be you. You have balls of bloody steel and the courage and determination of an ox. Your loyalty is unmatched. Everything I admire, and envy. You are a good man with a solid head upon your shoulders, do not change that. I swore I would see you knighted, and we will after today. Do not die on me.

My beloved, Alison. I do not quite understand what you see in myself. Jason is more handsome a man, Jeor likely the better husband. There is nothing exceptional about myself, though I find myself gifted with you today. I find solace and peace in your company, and a warmness felt in few others. Thank you. I await our day of wedding with uncertainty and hesitation, if only for the fact that I fear I will not provide enough for you. Damned if I will not try, at the least. Perhaps one day we can... Hells, I do not know, build a retreat for ourselves and the family we may make. Away from violence and disruption for a time. I would like that. I will come for you when this is over. Please, remain safe until I see you once more.

And now the horn bellows to rally the men. So it begins."

Rygan Arken Cap blargtheawesome Elz

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
*somewhere within the NR Azgir collapses into a sobbing mess...for his waifu has passed*
One-lifer?

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
As opposed to Anhald as he was, he will avenge his waifu should he ever find out :p

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
*somewhere within the NR Azgir collapses into a sobbing mess...for his waifu has passed*
One-lifer?
Definitely a one-lifer. I'm satisfied with how he went out and what he accomplished beforehand, and I'm glad the death is gonna hold actual weight and be a huge consequence/loss to Anhald in anything upcoming.

I'd also need to have sent him off somehow soon anyway, to make room for Peter's son. ;D