Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Skyrim

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Where are you lot pre-ordering from and were you able to get any additional goodies for the pre-order? I've seen a couple of places offering "high quality maps" as a pre-order bonus but nothing else.

I usually buy on steam, but I'm tempted not to for Skyrim as in the past with Steam edition games (MTWII / Mount & Blade) it interfered with modded versions.

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Always get my stuff from shopto.net

Very efficient and often get stuff Wed/Thu before the release on Fridays.

Not seen anyone selling any bonus stuff except for Game selling the £129 Collectors Edition which is very tempting!

Kaies

Grand Lizard
It will be on steam i think, regardless where you buy it from. As its using steamworks officially (not crappy gfwl) i think this time they would (hopefully) optimized it to work with mods on steam.

I will probably get it from amazon because its cheaper, which is weird because steam is usually the cheapest place to get it from...

Oh and if you do get skyrim early, you wont be able to play it as you will have to wait for steam to unlock it (thats if its an official steam game, if not, no problem.)

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
Ah yeah of course it'll want to be a steam installer, annoys me when they do that! I'll probably get the physical media for a change though and to save a few quid. I'm not too fussed about playing it on the day of release. My wife and daughter are away for a few days at the start of December so that'd be the idea time for me to fire it up for the first time :D

Cheers Tin, I'll have a look at that site, might be a good alternative to amazon/play.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
I get stuff from Amazon as they tend send it so that I get it on release or before hand. If I dont do it that way I get them from Game.

Steelcryo

King of the north!
You HAVE to have steam to play skyrim, it needs steam activation. With that in mind I preorded mine off steam as its easiest for me and they SHOULD be letting us preload it.

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
I'm getting a physical copy as I have boxed versions of all the Elder Scrolls games and their respective expansions going back to Arena and Daggerfall.

Kruziik

<3 Hollow World
I was blown away by Arena, even though it's idea of "3D" was a little iffy! The fact you were free to do what you wanted was just so damn new at the time.

Looks terrible these days but I remember being stunned by how great it looked at the time..

Kaies

Grand Lizard
wow, ive only played from morrowind. But im surprised at good Arena looks for a very old game

Steelcryo

King of the north!
To be fair, from bethesdas point of view, they must look at arena now compared to skyrim and think, did we really think that was cutting edge at the time?

Even though it obviously was, looking back at how bad games look compared to todays games, it must be slightly depressing for them. Then again, imagine if they decided to go back and remake all their old games with the new engine.

Levaunt

I think I might like it here
I got my from amazon, and it'll come with the cloth map, which will go right behind my monitor.
Also I will be dead to the internet when it comes out. I sunk way too much time into Oblivion and this looks much better.

Kaies

Grand Lizard
I got my from amazon, and it'll come with the cloth map, which will go right behind my monitor.
Also I will be dead to the internet when it comes out. I sunk way too much time into Oblivion and this looks much better.
Be careful, there have been reports that it may not be a cloth map at all.

Levaunt

I think I might like it here
Ah, well I don't mind regardless. I just like seeing a fantasy map often, and my oblivion one is getting old!

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
Be careful, there have been reports that it may not be a cloth map at all.
I am not supprised if it is going to end up anything like the Spirit of Fire "patch" that came with Halo Wars Collectors Edition. I was going to wait and get it from GAME at some point as at £130 the colletors edition is abit to much for me, but since the standard comes with a preorder map (even if it is rubbish) I thought I might as well. Ebven if I cant play it until the weekend after this coming one.

Can we make it an offence to post spoilers about it?

cherbert

Founder
Retired Staff
I was blown away by Arena, even though it's idea of "3D" was a little iffy! The fact you were free to do what you wanted was just so damn new at the time.

Looks terrible these days but I remember being stunned by how great it looked at the time..
Shit, I forgot you can go to Skyrim in Arena!

(Loads up dosbox...)