Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sodiumsmotts unban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodium

The Lunarch
I would like to apologize for what I did. Stealing was a stupid thing to do, but I was annoyed at Cast when I did it. We were killing endermen earlier that day, and I died, we were accompanied by Turu and Atkrye. Cast picked up most of my stuff - lots of iron ore, diamond pick, coal, and other things, and then swiftly logged off before I got back to the area I died. I asked the others if they had picked up my stuff, they all said no, so it must have been Cast. I was rather annoyed by this - as anyone would be, so later on I stole some items from his chest. I think it was some slime balls and some wood. The next day, I saw him online and asked for just my pick back he gave me a nearly broken pick, I'm fairly certain that mine was almost fresh when I died. I had intended to return the items to his chest once I got my stuff back, but completely forgot about it. I know that stealing from his chests was completely out of order, but it was a flash decision that I will never make again.
I'm sorry, Cast, not making an excuse for my behavior, this is totally my fault. I hope that you can forgive me of this, I really do love playing on this server and the friendly community that has grown around it. My actions shall not be repeated again.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Well, you obviously made a mistake, but seem sincere in your apology.

For all you knew Cast has IRL stuff to do, just wait out and enjoy the game. Stuff happens.

When life takes a dump on you, clean it up, rather than throwing it at other people.
(Just made that up on the spot, good eh?)

JustShadow

Zalenfal Guardian
I would like to apologize for what I did. Stealing was a stupid thing to do, but I was annoyed at Cast when I did it. We were killing endermen earlier that day, and I died, we were accompanied by Turu and Atkrye. Cast picked up most of my stuff - lots of iron ore, diamond pick, coal, and other things, and then swiftly logged off before I got back to the area I died. I asked the others if they had picked up my stuff, they all said no, so it must have been Cast. I was rather annoyed by this - as anyone would be, so later on I stole some items from his chest. I think it was some slime balls and some wood. The next day, I saw him online and asked for just my pick back he gave me a nearly broken pick, I'm fairly certain that mine was almost fresh when I died. I had intended to return the items to his chest once I got my stuff back, but completely forgot about it. I know that stealing from his chests was completely out of order, but it was a flash decision that I will never make again.
I'm sorry, Cast, not making an excuse for my behavior, this is totally my fault. I hope that you can forgive me of this, I really do love playing on this server and the friendly community that has grown around it. My actions shall not be repeated again.
If you were killing endermen, that would have been in the Sorrowlands, presumably. In the Sorrowlands, you're allowed to take dead peoples' stuff and it's perfectly within your rights. Cast had no obligation to return your items. If I know him he probably would, but it's up to him whether he wants to or not.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
If you were killing endermen, that would have been in the Sorrowlands, presumably. In the Sorrowlands, you're allowed to take dead peoples' stuff and it's perfectly within your rights. Cast had no obligation to return your items. If I know him he probably would, but it's up to him whether he wants to or not.
looking over logs it seems that this took place in the end.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
My understanding is that the End has same rules as nether, put i could be wrong.

Turu_Kael

I think I might like it here
I would like to vouch for Sodium in this appeal.

This has been an entirely isolated incident on the impeccable record of a friendly and dedicated town member. I have every confidence that these actions will not be repeated (somewhat stupid though they were in the first place), and that both Sodium and Cast are mature enough to let the whole incident slide. I cannot directly speak for the rest of the town but I am certain he would be missed if this is not resolved. Both a King and a King's hand reside in Jhal, and I can assure that a close eye will be kept on him, as well as, regretfully, the internal punishment of being demoted from the position of assistant. Still, the town would not be the same without him.

Thank you for your attention.

atkrye

King of Quests
I teleported the group into the end with permission from lars in order to gather ender eyes which we were using for rp.

With regards to the ban, I think this is a very sincere appeal and I believe Sodium would not do anything like this again.

However, the ultimate decision lies with Cast.

TheCastellan

Lord Zanros Hawklight
Firstly: i did not 'swiftly log off' my computer crashed and i had trouble starting it off, and yes i did pick your stuff up but i couldn't actually get back online and there were no diamonds, the only stuff i picked up was some cobble, and a few stacks of stone bricks and a sword which i would have happily given back to you had i not been taken offline by my cmputer, the pick i gave you was in fact the only diamond pick i owned in my chests, so that must have been your pick.

Secondly: instead of handling this maturely you stole from my chests, taking items, you have been on the server a long time and i believe you know there were other options to theft, you could have message me on the forums to ask for your items back.

My first instinct is to leave the ban in place, i know this seems like a good appeal but it is really something you should have known not to do, i may, depending on other mods/admins opinions repeal it to a temporary ban

i also have a full list (with evidence) of what you took from my chests, but i am on my friends computer so i don't have access to these scrreenshots at the moment

For now i am going to stay the ban stands for now, but i leave it open to other mods with more insight than me

Steelcryo

King of the north!
Unban him to be honest, he's appealed and its only a theft. Nothing major. Just unban him and stick a first strike notice in the admin section.

Sodium

The Lunarch
Yeah, as I said Cast. I know there is no excuse for my behavior, it was an immature and pathetic thing to do and I overreacted. I feel incredibly stupid for this, and I really am sorry. Oh, and happy new year everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.