Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Sold!]Region for Sale

Darko

Lord of Altera
No, but you said whoever offered 150k would get the region with no bidding. You can't just change that. It's rude and a bad business model.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Then you'll have to figure out a way to get around this, both parties are offering 150k+. I don't mind missing out on a few rads - but, the other parties who are willing to purchase at the same/higher price may be concerned. I believe the decision belongs to @Lemarc
No, but you said whoever offered 150k would get the region with no bidding. You can't just change that. It's rude and a bad business model.
Actually just came back here to say that and give you the region as per your buyout offer before Lemarc's.

Through offering the listed outright purchase price the Tidebornes led by Darko now legally own New Stonefolk and surrounding environs.

I'll hop in game, you can pay me, and I can give you ownership. I'll need a few minutes to sort the supply caches I listed in the OP as not for sale in to my pocket, then you can remove me from the region if you wish!

Darko

Lord of Altera
Actually just came back here to say that and give you the region as per your buyout offer before Lemarc's.

Through offering the listed outright purchase price the Tidebornes led by Darko now legally own New Stonefolk and surrounding environs.

I'll hop in game, you can pay me, and I can give you ownership. I'll need a few minutes to sort the supply caches I listed in the OP as not for sale in to my pocket, then you can remove me from the region if you wish!
Cool! I'll use it well!

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Personally, I think there's a difference between paying the buyout straight up and betting up to the buyout. It's like eating a cake. It's different if you eat the cake slice by slice, you could still go for more. However, if you just eat the whole cake you're not going to want more. The fact that there is still interest means that the buyout price is negated for me, personally. More money is more money.

-K9

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Personally, I think there's a difference between paying the buyout straight up and betting up to the buyout. It's like eating a cake. It's different if you eat the cake slice by slice, you could still go for more. However, if you just eat the whole cake you're not going to want more. The fact that there is still interest means that the buyout price is negated for me, personally. More money is more money.

-K9
Once a buyout is met, bidding ends.
"Buyout auction is an auction with an additional set price (the 'buyout' price) that any bidder can accept at any time during the auction, thereby immediately ending the auction and winning the item.[25] If no bidder chooses to utilize the buyout option before the end of bidding the highest bidder wins and pays their bid.[25] Buyout options can be either temporary or permanent.[25] In a temporary-buyout auction the option to buy out the auction is not available after the first bid is placed.[25] In a permanent-buyout auction the buyout option remains available throughout the entire auction until the close of bidding.[25] The buyout price can either remain the same throughout the entire auction, or vary throughout according to rules or simply as decided by the seller.[25]" - Le Wikipedia

Buyout prices can vary throughout an auction, sometimes. But if someone has already bought the item with the buyout price, you cannot take it back from them. They bought it, it is theirs now.

Edit: If you cannot honor your buyout price, don't have one.

Last edited:

SobekRa

Lord of Altera

-K9
No.
Just no.
A person is not supposed to go back on his word if he is trying to sell something.
Besides, your are most likely to feel full quicker if you eat slowly.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Once a buyout is met, bidding ends.
"Buyout auction is an auction with an additional set price (the 'buyout' price) that any bidder can accept at any time during the auction, thereby immediately ending the auction and winning the item.[25] If no bidder chooses to utilize the buyout option before the end of bidding the highest bidder wins and pays their bid.[25] Buyout options can be either temporary or permanent.[25] In a temporary-buyout auction the option to buy out the auction is not available after the first bid is placed.[25] In a permanent-buyout auction the buyout option remains available throughout the entire auction until the close of bidding.[25] The buyout price can either remain the same throughout the entire auction, or vary throughout according to rules or simply as decided by the seller.[25]" - Le Wikipedia

Buyout prices can vary throughout an auction, sometimes. But if someone has already bought the item with the buyout price, you cannot take it back from them. They bought it, it is theirs now.

Edit: If you cannot honor your buyout price, don't have one.
No.
Just no.
A person is not supposed to go back on his word if he is trying to sell something.
Personally
Waaaayoooooo.

Edit:
Wat.

Oh yes because this always happens 10/10 trust every seller ever mhmm yes sir. Money is money and it does make the world go 'round.

-K9

Last edited:

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Yeah there was a sellout price.... But I'm sure if the other bidder felt like Darko would have bought it out on the next go He would have gone ahead and bought it out first.

There shoulda been a rule that if the bidding goes past this point, the buyout cap goes higher or is completely done away with