Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sorrowlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles828

Lord of Altera
He is correct. I killed you because you were rambling in OOC chat about someone helping you move expensive stuff to your shop which I know is in the sorrowlands.
I'd consider that metagaming, and my point about a lack of RP still stands.

You then proceeded to be butthurt for a good couple of hours where you claimed the chunks around my little fort and built a nice big wall
Lets not have this turn into a flame war ;)

You and I both know that wall is AWESOME.

Spark

Broken
I only kill people OOC, therefore it's not metagaming because that's using OOC knowledge in RP.

I used OOC chat to kill him OOC :)

Styles828

Lord of Altera
Though I may not totally agree with Spark metagaming from ooc, I also don't agree with solving the bandit "problem" with a bandit free map. If Spark and I are too much for everyone then I suggest try to solve it through RP, as in get some town guard(Or whatever you want to call it) to bring us down. Or, put on gear of your own when you go someplace dangerous. I notice lots of people just walking out naked.

I've always been in the Southern Wilds. I'm not afraid of danger. I proposed the changes as a form of balance. I'm glad you have the same feelings about OOC metagaming.

The bandits are as important to the map as anything else. The last thing I want is them gone. The reason I stopped playing this server for 6-7 months is because the pendulum swung to far the other way, When Deadpress left and the SW was useless as get payed was added to the EF.

Styles828

Lord of Altera
I only kill people OOC, therefore it's not metagaming because that's using OOC knowledge in RP.

I used OOC chat to kill him OOC :)

I was RP. Let alone the fact that It's an RP server.

I assume you destroyed what you looted from me? Otherwise your OOC actions would benefit you IC......

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I've always been in the Southern Wilds. I'm not afraid of danger. I proposed the changes as a form of balance. I'm glad you have the same feelings about OOC metagaming.

The bandits are as important to the map as anything else. The last thing I want is them gone. The reason I stopped playing this server for 6-7 months is because the pendulum swung to far the other way, When Deadpress left and the SW was useless as get payed was added to the EF.
I do kind of aspire to replace Deadpress. But I would have to put my town and house on the Altera Census to really build a loyal group. I must admit, it would be fun.

Spark

Broken
Styles828 said:
I was RP. Let alone the fact that It's an RP server.

I assume you destroyed what you looted from me? Otherwise your OOC actions would benefit you IC......
This is an RP MINECRAFT server and with that logic OOC chat should be removed because it's not RP.

No because I don't use it IC. I use it OOC to kill more people.

Styles828

Lord of Altera
I do kind of aspire to replace Deadpress. But I would have to put my town and house on the Altera Census to really build a loyal group. I must admit, it would be fun.

A new Deadpress (and the band with him) would be the best thing for the server.

We have this problem every time a new PVP world opens. About 2 weeks of spitting blood anger before the rules are sorted out and everyone gets their act together.

Spark

Broken
Why is deadpress looked up to so much? They were not "good" bandits, sure they may have asked for a toll a few times but they 99% kill on sight.

They were practicay given SW on a plate to do what they needed with it to make their RP better but they carried on killing on sight and not bothering to change.

They only wanted PvP just like Dummy and I.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
God dangit cereal, why must we argue so much?

I'm going to lock this thread temporarily because of the nature of this argument.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
No kidding, this has gotten out of hand >_>.. Spark is right about the bandits being handed the southern wilds, they were FORCED to RP by the staff, they were always killing on sight before then and there was never a sign of RP until the second Southern Wilds. If anyone can remember the one with the small bandit village, it was around the time tripwires came out, they were used as what looked like washlines.

The players complained about the PVPing when they were backstabbed, and the bandits complained about being forced to RP when players /home'd away

I can understand the complaints going on here, but I don't want to add a safe resource world. Without a payment plugin for block breaks there would be no reason for people to go to the sorrowlands.

Anyway, I'm glad the PVPers are doing a good job and slaughtering on sight or at least frequently. There's no such thing as items being rare on MC, but at least they're making it more difficult to gather :p, it shouldn't be easy anyway

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Is this something we want to "fix" ?...
If we remove MCMMO we could probably have one no problem.. actually it depends if that plugin I linked the other day wouldn't cause any lag issues. I'll see about putting that one in and testing it with a few players xD, should be fun

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
If we remove MCMMO we could probably have one no problem.. actually it depends if that plugin I linked the other day wouldn't cause any lag issues. I'll see about putting that one in and testing it with a few players xD, should be fun
Removing MCMMO also removes all PvP balance and the fun way to kill people who think they're immortal in Prot4 armor.

...I know I'm a touch biased here, but I really don't want to see the whole thing go unless it's causing serious problems. It /does/ add a certain RPG element to the server and it's actually what hooked me when I first got here. I would not be on HW right now were it not for the McMMO Plugin.

We can make a payment for block-breaks system more immersive by having a quarrymaster NPC to whom one needs to cart stone to.

Status
Not open for further replies.