Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Spartacus - War of the Damned

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
Any Spartacus fans? If you're not caught up to date, this is the final season for Spartacus. Do or die.

Overview: Basically, this season takes place a number of months after Vengeance's ending. In the time gap between Vengeance and War of the Damned, Spartacus' new rebel army has defeated all Roman forces that have been sent at them, and in that, they've multiplied in numbers immensely. Now, Rome sends the intelligent and cunning senator, Marcus Crassus and partner in crime, Julius Caesar to defeat the rebels once and for all.

Review: Even though it's only 4 episodes into it, I'm going to give a good, long opinion on it. Well, I came into this season incredibly excited, more so then any other TV show I've seen. Is it keeping up with my expectations? Somewhat, but not quite.

Pros:
-Some minor characters from previous seasons are brought into the spotlight now, making the storyline even more interesting.
-The pure scale of everything. This season's battles are on an epic scale.
-Crassus is by far, the most entertaining character I've seen. He's intelligent, respectable, honorable, fearsome and even relate able. He's leagues superior to Glabor in all manors. The actor who plays him is fantastic, might I add.
-Storyline is good.

Cons:
-Fight sequences are less and less entertaining. Romans die un-heroically, like flies. More impotently, the occasional gladiator on gladiator fights that we all came to love have completely fallen through. For example, Crixus and Gannicus fought and it was just a pathetic fight scene (link below).
-Less drama. There just isn't much drama anymore. The drama that is present, is mildly boring.
-Green screens. Even though they tried to change up the locations, the green screens just ruin it for me. It just feels unnatural sometimes.
-The main characters aren't as like-able or relate-able as you would expect (with the exception of Gannicus). Spartacus is a grim character who seems to fake happiness, Aggron is "Nagg-ron" (he complains alot), and Crixus has just lost all of his traits that made him a badass.
-Spartacus' physique. I'm not sure if it's just me, but the new Spartacus just doesn't look the part. He's not nearly as muscular as he should be and it just looks like he possesses god-like powers for a fairly small man (it's like if Tyrion Lannister bested Jaime in a swordfight - it's just wrong).
-Finally, Crixus. I've noticed that Crixus as a character has been degrading ever since the end of Season 1. He's not cocky, he lacks confidence and most of all he is only a fraction of the fighter he used to be (for some unknown reason). When I say he's not the fighter he used to he, I seriously mean it. He can kill Romans well and all, but he just gets wrecked in any other situation. Very, very disappointing. Overall, I'm not trying to say he's a bad character now, but he's just not "Crixus, the Champion of Capua" anymore. He's just a hateful guy with average fighting skills.

Rating (1-10): 7, currently.
-Even though there is more cons then pros, it's still a hell of a show.

Crixus vs. Gannicus:

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
I think that another con is that people are keep saing that spartacus is not a god,there for some people belive he is,I would like to see some.