Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Staff Changes

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
The Staff Team is reconstructed, effective immediately. These changes are subject to change, yet ultimately modeled to how we work and in the interest of everyone helping with it - Hoping to create direction and initiative, leaving behind the general negative slacking that has caused the Server to suffer.

What will be implemented is a Three Month System. At the end of every three months, the entire Staff team will be reworked and 'demoted', Then asked if they are still interested with their position(s).

We don't want anyone to feel obligated towards HollowWorld, for the sake of good times for all - And we will not have anyone inactive holding a Staff position.

With this, the tiers of Staff are being reintroduced - Management, Admins, and Moderators.
However, it should be noted that there are changes to the job description and we are not reintroducing the dysfunction of the past. Staff members are there for a reason, and we work hard in hopes to make it great.

The Management is going to know everything of the Server and take into account all aspects, holding executive say-so for decisions that will affect the entire server, and general keeping things coordinated. They will be keeping an eye on the various projects and have the final word on many, in the interest of making sure the World of Altera doesn't become disjointed - this doesn't mean they won't be getting their hands dirty doing the same stuff as everyone else. Management are the persons who promote other Staff members.

On the Management Team is Cherbert, Legion, Michcat, Naelwyn and Sally.
There is room for about two more people at our discretion.

The Admins will be those getting down in the mud. Working Advertising, Lore, Building, Voxel, WE, Graphic Design, Whitelisting, Events, Plugins, General Moderation, and being awesome.
Their words mean just as much as any others, and the Admins will be taking care of much that the Staff team has been working on up to this point, with directives from Management.

Moderators are also making an appearance. General helping out with Whitelisting and Forum Support, Moderators are for those who don't wish the full burden of this volunteer work and instead want to help out in a small way. If you need a problem brought to the Staff ASAP and there is no other Staff Member online, a Moderator will be expected to voice problems in hopes these issues can be sorted.

The Council of Altera will be opened as a forum for seasoned RPers and people dedicated to the Server who wish to keep an eye on the RP, have an in-vote, and bring various problems and situations that cause problems to attention. This can range from how Roleplay functions on the server to the Lore or Plugins. Active members who show initiative (Creating large events, be interested in development of the server) will be invited.

A promotion to any area does not mean you will ever be promoted to the above tier, nor implies that another promotion should ever take place. Similarly, one does not need to 'climb' through the Staff Tiers to reach one. If a player would make a good admin, the Management will promote them to Admin.

With the Lore, Naelwyn will be leading the Lore Team in executive positions.

List of the Staff Team:
{Click Here}

Last edited:

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Me likey~ It's wonderful to see the Staff making such big changes to help the server get even better, thank you for the continued hard work :heart:

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Think this is going to improve the health of things a lot, and help reduce people's role confusion and improve communication.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Think this is going to improve the health of things a lot, and help reduce people's role confusion and improve communication.
Aye, it'll be great to know who to go to, I always feel guilty for bothering Sally :p

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
I SHOULDN'T BE HERE, IT'S GETTING LATE AND YOU GUYS MAKE ME LAUGH TOO MUCH.

erhem~

I really hope this will improve and fix problems we've had in the past, and thank you Michcat for posting it~ you really deserve your position for so much hard work and dedication~

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
This change will for sure bring huge changes to the server and I by all means don't think it will be a negative change.

Looking at the fact that it gives the admins some chances to backoff if they feel like it's becoming more of a job, than a free time activity
The mods will also be a good way to give some of the players more responsibility and also free the admins for smaller work there does not require higher command stuff or anything like that.

The council of altera is still confusing me though :I

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
The council, I believe we set that up to get a player side view on some ideas/things we were doing before we'd announce them

And they don't get any special ingame perms-

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
The Staff Team is reconstructed, effective immediately. These changes are subject to change, yet ultimately modeled to how we work and in the interest of everyone helping with it - Hoping to create direction and initiative, leaving behind the general negative slacking that has caused the Server to suffer.

What will be implemented is a Three Month System. At the end of every three months, the entire Staff team will be reworked and 'demoted', Then asked if they are still interested with their position(s).

We don't want anyone to feel obligated towards HollowWorld, for the sake of good times for all - And we will not have anyone inactive holding a Staff position.

With this, the tiers of Staff are being reintroduced - Management, Admins, and Moderators.
However, it should be noted that there are changes to the job description and we are not reintroducing the dysfunction of the past. Staff members are there for a reason, and we work hard in hopes to make it great.

The Management is going to know everything of the Server and take into account all aspects, holding executive say-so for decisions that will affect the entire server, and general keeping things coordinated. They will be keeping an eye on the various projects and have the final word on many, in the interest of making sure the World of Altera doesn't become disjointed - this doesn't mean they won't be getting their hands dirty doing the same stuff as everyone else. Management are the persons who promote other Staff members.

On the Management Team is Cherbert, Sally, Ptiber, Schirf, and Michcat.
There is room for about two more people at our discretion.

The Admins will be those getting down in the mud. Working Advertising, Lore, Building, Voxel, WE, Graphic Design, Whitelisting, Events, Plugins, General Moderation, and being awesome.
Their words mean just as much as any others, and the Admins will be taking care of much that the Staff team has been working on up to this point, with directives from Management.

Moderators are also making an appearance. General helping out with Whitelisting and Forum Support, Moderators are for those who don't wish the full burden of this volunteer work and instead want to help out in a small way. If you need a problem brought to the Staff ASAP and there is no other Staff Member online, a Moderator will be expected to voice problems in hopes these issues can be sorted.

The Council of Altera will be opened as a forum for seasoned RPers and people dedicated to the Server who wish to keep an eye on the RP, have an in-vote, and bring various problems and situations that cause problems to attention. This can range from how Roleplay functions on the server to the Lore or Plugins. Active members who show initiative (Creating large events, be interested in development of the server) will be invited.

A promotion to any area does not mean you will ever be promoted to the above tier, nor implies that another promotion should ever take place. Similarly, one does not need to 'climb' through the Staff Tiers to reach one. If a player would make a good admin, the Management will promote them to Admin.

With the Lore, Schirf and Naelwyn will be leading the Lore Team in executive positions.
Thank you. Thank you very much entire Staff team as a whole. Finally something I wanted to see for far too long. I take my hat off, good job.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
The council, I believe we set that up to get a player side view on some ideas/things we were doing before we'd announce them

And they don't get any special ingame perms-
Thank you for the explanation! ^^ Also I believe that is a brilliant idea ^^