Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Tales of the Volonwer

Menel

Carpet Monkey
in This thread i want to write storrys out of the perspective of fictional characters inside the Volonwer. I will start with the 'Hodded Arc' but i will introduce someone from the Paladins and the Mists later on too, whenever i feel like writing. i don't think that i will do a special kind of order, i will just write however i feel like =)

Arc I - Hooded

"Name?" "Mael Thasara" "All right. I am Dominus Goodyere, Paladin Commander of the Volonwer. Lord Menelmacil is in an important meeting right now so i am taking your vow, if that is all right with you?". Mael just nodded and vowed to the big man infront of him. He looks norse, not that it matters. For Mael all humans looked the same. If it wouldn't be for the alliance between Tauredal and the house Elumeril he wouldn't be here anyway. And ofcourse because of Eala. If someone deserves to be Queen of all elves in his eyes, then her. That she decided to marry a human just shows how big her heart is, to even include lesser races. At that thought he stopped, grinning cause he almost sounded like a silver-elf. There were 20 woodelves in total that joined the ranks of the Volonwer today, all of them joined the branch of the Hooded, none of them semed too fond of the big and heavy armor the Paladins wear that are already present. Though some of them were spoken to by two men called Malakath and Jack. They are said to be part of the Mists, the secrets of the Volonwer and most likely observing the new material, on the lookout for new recruits to their secret doings. Mael couldn't care less. He was a good archer but not the sligthest interested in shemes or politics. He will just do his patrols and help Eala as good as he can. As things started to be boring, he started to stroll of, having a look at the Midnight Island. It doesn't look like a fortress to be honest, but there is some other island called Islay for that. He was more interested in the home of the elves living here. As he was just looking at the fountain infront of the house someone tugged on his bow and to his surprise he saw a young boy as he was looking down. "Do you know where mommy is?" "uhm....no...i don't think so..." The boy was so trusting that it kind of threw him off track. "Who is your mother?" the boy tilted his head and replyed innocently "mommy is mommy, silly." The silence after that was kind of embarassing, Mael never knew how to treat children. As the boy just began to grow impatient a pure voice came from across the mannor. "Alawn? there you are! stop running away all the time." The girl appearing behind the fountain looked delicate, a silver elf but nothing ignorant about her and Maels heart jumped a beat to her beauty and purity, even though he could see she was far younger then him. Without noticing he already bowed deep, greeting her with "My Lady". She giggled and it made him feel lightheadded, made him smile. "who is your new friend, little brother?" she said. The little brother Alawn on the other hand ran to her, hugging her, forgetting about Mael as fast as kids his age can concentrate on something different. "Emrys, you know where mommy is?" She lifted her eyebrows and at that Mael could see she was blind and a sad frown replaced his smile. "She just send me to search for you, she is in the kitchen". That was enough for young Alawn to know and with his battle cry 'freeesh breeaaad!' he ran inside. The girl laughed again, curtsyed towards Mael and followed her brother. ~They must be the children of Eala~ he thought and slowly approached the open door, peeking inside. Maybe he would have stepped inside, but he didn't get the chance to decide. "Can i help you? Do you have business with my family?". Mael turned around fast, alerted, just to look at two heavy armored men. One of them looked older, maybe around the human 40, while the other one must be younger. Still that one looked far more exhausted, a tired dark shadow in his face. Luckily Mael noticed the blue clip holding both their cloacks, in the form of a rose so he saluted. "I am Mael Thasara, new recruit of the Volonwer, branch Hooded, sir.....?" The old one took the liberty to answer. "I am the Paladin Lord, Sigis McKelleth, and this is Lord Menelmacil Elumeril". Sigis smirked at Maels clumsy way of saluting. But mael didn't care, it was still his first time using such means of respect the humans invented. Maybe he wasn't too fond of humans, but he knew when he should show respect and both men infront of him gave the aura of veterans away. "hmmm, so you are one of the new ranger for the Volonwer. Great! Be at ease, man." The smile that appeared on the lords face after that made him look a bit more refreshed, even though the worry lines were still showing. "I am sure you will serve us well. But now excuse me, we just came back from a long and tiring meeting and i feel the urge to see my children and wife." Without a seccond word he walked in, Paladin Lord Sigis positioning himself infront of the doors, his bodylanguage saying 'I am no bouncer, i just enjoy the nice weather out here, but if you try to enter without my or the lords approvel you will find your face in the dirt'. Mael sighed and walked back to his comrades, just as Dominus was handing out brown hooded cloacks. ~what an arrogant piece of....~. Mael stood at the end of the line of the new Volonwer, exactly knowing why he didn't like humans.

Menel

Carpet Monkey
I Already finished 2 other storys and half of a third one =0 i felt creative today :p

so here i present:

Arc II - Mists

Lord menelmacil was sitting in his bath, enjoying the warmth of it after a long day of work. As his wife Eala was downstairs with the children it was quiet and one could even hear his slow and peacefull breathing.
"Good evening, Lord" whispered a female, husky voice suddenly into his ear. For an outsider he remaiend perfectly calm, but his eyelids twitched for a moment and she saw it. It made her smile, even though she had to give hime credit. "Your reactions are more boring with each day" she said sulking. "That realy hurts coming from a woman that took 'shadow' as her name to be mysterious". He replyed. He was a married man and still perfectly fine with her invading his privacy like that. Displeased she tryed to go further, moving her hand across his bare chest. "I missed you too, dear Lord, maybe we should sit back together and relax a bit befo-" He quickly garbed her arm. "I am not in the mood for your teasing and little games. I am a married man, happy with that and i had a long day full of work. Don't make me mention -him-. I bet you would be sulking again for a few weeks." Frowning she bit her lip and moved a few steps away from him, leaning against a column. That the lord knew personal things about her, things he can use against her made her always feel uneasy. On the othe rhand was he the closest being to a friend. When she had a good day she didn't even want to kill him, something oddly strange for her, as she normaly wants to kill everything. "Fine..." she said, already sounding like she sulks, "Have it your way. I came back with the informations you wanted." He waited for her to go on, but she just stopped at that. "So...?" he asked, growing impatient. "Oh, so the lord is giving me permission to speak now? You know, menelmacil, ever since you came here you started to become rather snobby. And your security lacks, every want to be assassin could sneak in here and-" He moved quickly again and a dagger suddenly stuck in the column right besides her head, still wet from the water it was in. "Allright, allright, I get it." she gulped "Long day, hard work and all that. The Eartspawn still seem to be uninvolved in all of this. Arcturius is making plans, but then, when did they ever not make plans? I think they still don't recognise us as powerfull enough to be either a threat or to be usefull. That girl your wife gave you a description on was sometimes seen with bad men but i couldn't find her to bring her here. I even had the time to check on your daugther, she seemed to be fine." He nodded slowly, seemingly thinking. She left him there, going out the way she came in. There was no point in saying good bye for her when she appears out of nowhere. She always just disappears. As she reached the roof her mind began to wander of. ~I will never understand him. He takes care of me because he feels guilty, in debt, but.....~ she sighed and looked up at the moon. "I want to kill him........" Today apparently wasn't one of her good days.

An hour after she left, three other shadows started to move in the private chambers of Lady and Lord Elumeril.Previously merged with walls and corners they now sneaked past the sleeping lord as one of them suddenly stopped, gargling and then breaking down. "I am sorry, gentelmen, but the informations you got today won't leave the mansion." Menelmacil stood there, daggers in his hands and the remaining two intruders started to run. They didn't came further then the stairs as suddenly two screams were heared and a bright light, followed by the smell of burning flesh. Malakath appeared on the stairs and looked around, searching for others he stiil needed to take care of. As he saw the dead man on the ground he nodded towards his lord and carried the corpse outside.
Looking through the Windows Menelmacil silently whispers "I am never allone dear Shadow, as i have my Mists around me, always protecting, always invisible."