Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

TepigTurtwig's Application [Accepted - Jinny]

TepigTurtwig

Loyal Servant of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
TepigTurtwig

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
The United States of America.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guidesyet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Meta-gaming is the use of Out-of-Character knowledge as if it were In-Character knowledge. For instance, OOC, the meta-gamer is told their friend is in a fight, and then immediately rushes to the fight scene IC without any In-Character knowledge of it happening.

Power-gaming manifests in one of two forms. In its slightly less toxic version, the character is simply inexplicably omnicompetent and much too powerful, which disrupts immersion and effectively gives them control of situations. The worse version literally gives them control of situations, as they use "Power moves" to impose choices and actions upon other characters.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No!

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko (AKA SirNicholas14)

8. Tell us about yourself!
I love writing, as well as Tabletop RPGs and roleplay. I enjoy flashy screens, and tend to be a tad of a hedonist. I love to make other people smile, even though I often look like an idiot in the process. I put academics first, so I may not be the most active server member ever, but I hope to contribute something special to this amazing community. Also...I played for a bit last year, but got really busy and wasn't as into rp at the time.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Here's a build I did today. It isn't my best work, but I hope it shows off a nice, pleasant pallet.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Percival Lanpearl

Character Age:

Character Race:
Silver Elf

Appearance:
Percival wears a short travelling tunic over his blue robes, fitted with a clumsy pocket to store any small scrolls and trinkets he finds. He has a glove on his right hand, to help with his grip while fighting, although he leaves his left bare for more dexterous maneuvers. His pale skin and even paler blue eyes contrast well with his dark hair and rather small ears, permanent physical reminders of his former noble status. His small features, overall, lead to a placid demeanor, but quickly light up and expand when he's in an exciting scenario, or reading a good book.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Attached, alongside build pictures, is the skin.
Written Test!
Percival was born to the Lanpearl family, a group of petty nobles struggling to cling to wealth in a new era of interaction for the Silver Elves. His family were stronger supporters of traditional Silver Elf values, although they often walked the borderline between respect and mockery, due to their lack of prominent magic users or academic experts. Percival, however, displayed uncanny prowess for writing and reading at a young age, and his family hoped to use his intellect to propel themselves to new heights of prestige and respect among fellow low noble families. Sent to a school to be well-educated in the sciences and empirical studies of the world, Percival was immediately unhappy with studying astronomy and other scientific subjects, as it never really occurred to him why they would need another person to repeat what was already known, but adored writing, and, even more importantly, history and the study of social structures, a less explored field that every member of changed in some way, at least as young Percival saw it.. Excited by all the tales of Silver Elf success, and demonstrations of their cultural superiority, he decided to delve deeper into the topic. What he found astounded him. Cross-comparing research, experience, and books from many different sources and species, Percival discovered the ultimate paradox at the heart of Silver Elven society. The Silver Elves thrived on asserting their intellectual and cultural superiority, even within their own society. However, they also prized empiricism and logic. These two things couldn't mix: they were not scientifically more intelligent than many other races, and yet, they claimed themselves to be. Their core idea was based on a faulty application of logic. Percival, striving to correct this, wrote papers about how Silver Elf education was really the only reason they appeared smarter. Unfortunately, his inability to read the nuances of social situations bit him hard on the bottom, as he was quickly asked to leave the academy. Studying the scenario afterwards, he realized that the Silver Elves, at least their most educated, knew this, even if they refused to admit it to themselves. Disgusted with their denial, he decided to renounce his small, petty noble heritage and embark on his own journey, with only a pinch of wealth in his pocket. Travelling around the world, he decided to devote himself to learning more about other cultures, as well as all aspects of Silver Elf culture, from fencing to foodstuffs, to better understand this ingrained hypocrisy, and provide a better example for what Silver Elves can, and should, be.

Current Setting of the Server:

The last galleys pull into port upon Storm’s Landing, a trade town where crossroads and ships across the continent meet. To the East was the unknown seas and to the west, north and south were new civilizations, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the dark. In this land, it even seems as if demons and the explainable come out to play. Creatures of strange un-natural appearances prey on the confused wanderers.

But there is one thing for certain.. Life in Altera is a land of opportunities. Will you join in on the adventure?

Attachments

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Hey! Your application is on the right track. However, there are a few things I see that you need to improve before I can continue processing your application:​
  • Written Test: There is a 400-word count minimum required for the Written Test.
Please fix these things listed. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me or another mentor.​

TepigTurtwig

Loyal Servant of Altera
Hey! Your application is on the right track. However, there are a few things I see that you need to improve before I can continue processing your application:​

• Written Test: There is a 400-word count minimum required for the Written Test.
Please fix these things listed. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me or another mentor.​
My apologies for not counting the words earlier. I have now fixed that, and I hope I haven't been too much of a trouble. Thank you very much for your time.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.