Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Terminator: sanctuary.

kaza125

Lord of Altera
General information!(Kinda important if you want to read my story)

This particular fan-fiction is based of "Terminator", but written in a different light and tone. This will take place in 2017 (A year before the events of Terminator Salvation).
It is also important to note that Judgement Day(When the nukes killed 3 billion people happened on 1997, there are a number of dates due to the timeline of the film on when this took place, but I will go with this one).
This particular fan fiction will not follow any of the films characters, it will have its own plot, but will try and stay to the lore of Terminator.

I will upload a chapter per week, the first one will be out this Friday, I'm just making some small additions to it just to make sure it's a good pilot for you guys.

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Chapter one: Smile

“Smile.” He said, gently grasping his son’s cheeks.

“I’m trying. I just don’t get why we have to take this stupid picture”. Said Tom.

“Well think of it this way. The sooner we get this done, the sooner we’ll get you a treat”.

Tom looked up with hope in his eyes.

“Ch-Chicken’s Delight?!”. The small boy was so excited he could launch into space.

“You know Tom… You might be right on that. Now go find your tie and we’ll head off.” That reassured the boy, he smiled and ran to his room to grab his tie.

He’s one in a billion that boy. Martin took himself to the bedroom where his wife Lisa was progressively ‘preparing’ herself.

“Lisa?” He said poking his head through the door. “You ready?” It was clear she had been in this room a long time, the amount of different tops, dresses, skirts and shoes on the floor was endless. The ‘organised’ lady was hoping around simultaneously trying to fit a blue Summer Silk top on while trying to squeeze her foot into one of her high heels. “Lisa?”

She turned like a bolt and fell landing on the cushion of clothes layered on floor. She lifted her head. “Kinda”. Laughing, she picked herself up to her knees. “Just give me another minute, I’ll get there”.

“Here, I’ll help you”. Martin crouched to her, holding her foot, sliding it into the high heel she troubled to put on. She kissed him on the forehead, smiled and stood up.

“I’ll start the car, and you, you get that tie on right mister”. She playfully slapped his cheek and went to the door. He looked down surprised to find that he had not adjusted his tie correctly.

The roads of Olathe Kansas weren’t busy today. The streets were calmly populated by families taking out their daily activities, it was a normal day. Driving to ‘Take a Picture’ would take a few minutes, but after that it would be Chickens Delight. Martin could already feel the grease on his lips…

“Eyes on the road Martin”.

He rubbed his eyes and focused on drive.

After a brief moment of silence a traffic light-

“You should grow a beard”. Lisa threw out. Martin turned his head with a humorous questionable look.

You should grow a beard.” He said sarcastically.

She laughed. “I’m serious, it’d look good, make you look manly.”

“Since when don’t I look manly?”

“Since your name rhymes with Fartin.” Tom gleefully put in.

“Well then, on that case I guess I’ll have to”. Martin rubbed his face trying to determine whether a beard would fit him.

"By the way we're having Lucy and Joel over for dinner this Saturday-"
"Oh not Joel...". Martin exerts.
"Whats wrong with Joel?"
"What isn't wrong with Joel... All the man talks about is his love for birds". Martin begins to impersonate the man, trying his best to voice similar to David Attenborough.
"Ahh yes, the Franz Yellow Swallow, a beast of many natures that often talks out of their arse, yet they continue even though someone is about to break their neck". The family laugh at Martin, enjoying the ride.

The three of them entered the building, another family had just walked out with a picture in their hand. The three walked through the door in the picture room.

“Ahh yes, my twelve o’ clock, please step forward”. Said the young pink man.

“Right, sure”. Martin responded.

“You here, you there and you…. You stand-Yes! There! Perfect!”.

“Right Tom, back straight, need to look nice for ladies”.

“The poke a dot tie should tow them in”.

The photographer sprung to the bipod, squaring out the format of the family, making sure it was perfect. “Right then, on the count of three. ONE-“

“Remember, Tom, smile”.

“TWO-“. Tom lifted his cheeks and produce a happy face.

“THREE!” The flash filled the room, blinding everyone, the picture was taken.

After the picture had been taken, Martin left his favourites in the photo room to collect the picture.

“Ahh you sir, here is your… picture!”.

“Thanks…”

Martin’s face filled up. He held the picture in his eyes, capturing the moment.

He awoke to a thundering robotic sound, one he grew familiar to. With his tattered grey gloves where his fingers breached holes he rubbed his eyes. He lifted himself up, looking through the broken hashed window. Dark, grey and dead the world looked, but what really groped his attention was the Harvester, a 50 ft mega-ton machine looking for humans for cell testing.

He ducked down, hiding in the corner of single house. Martin searches inside the inners of his coat and finds a tattered, yet perfect item to him. A picture of Lisa, Tom and him.

The thundering bounds of the Harvester continued to move closer, hunting for humans, he closed his mind and wished he could be with his family.

2561306-terminatorsalvation_302_9.jpg

Last edited:

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Chapter 2: Not worth the shot

The monstrous roar of the machine shrouded closer and closer. Martin with his back against the decaying wall peered his head around the corner looking out of the discarded house, he had a clear view of the outside.

A shadow appeared, followed by an implant of dust and dirt. Martin rapidly drove his head back, the machine must have heard something. Martin from his belt slowly drew a revolver, he studied it, questioning how it would end. The Harvester remained still, but continued to make a sound as if it was scanning the area.

Let it be quick.

Martin still holding the picture in his hand, he felt sadness. It had been over a decade since he saw his family, but the memories still had grip over him. He pointed the front-sight of gun up to his chin. His hand started to shake, his fear grew more wild. Just do it, end it now, end it now.

The machine made another sound…

It retracted. The Harvester started to walk away leaving prints the size of a house. Martin peered once more around the corner, the gun still under his chin. He was in the clear. He breathed in slowly, reassuring himself that the end had not taken him. His hand still shaking, Martin placed his revolver back in his belt. The picture though, he continued to abyss himself into it. He shook his head and drew it back into his coat.

Luck comes once in a life Martin…

Martin gathered his belongings, a large navy green bag though the content of it remained half full. Inside Martin looked just as he normally would. A pack of painkillers, bandages, empty can of baked potatoes and a few drips left of his water bottle.

Been a day since I’ve had a meal…

Martin was careful in this post-apocalyptic world. The nuclear fallout killed the greenery, so rations were key to surviving, but once you started to run out, you grew desperate as Martin has. He looked once more out the front seeing that the Harvester was heading into the ruin of a city, Martin didn't know which one it was, it was only a wasteland now.

Even though at times Martin was desolated by fear of hunger, he found ways of ignoring it at least.
As he walked out of the ruin house Martin switched on his mp3 player, an item which he took more care of then himself. He had been lucky enough to find a working one with some earphones aswell. He turned on one of his favourites, ‘Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door- Bob Dylan’. He tried singing along to the track, though he didn’t have the voice of it, but the song made him happy, something rather rare to find in this world, more so than food.

On his travels, the song still playing Martin pulled out a map. Just a day ago he found tracks of recent activity in the house he was just in. And activity meant people, people meant the possibility of supplies, food.

It was hard to calculate where this person would be going. Martin began to speak out loud since no one was around. “The highway? No-Skynet swarmed the sector beyond that, it’s a burial ground… Ahh maybe…”. Martin pointed towards the bullet casting factory, south of his current location.

“Kansas Resistance, I’ll make a bet he’s heading there”.

Martin folded up his map, quickly putting in in his bag, he continued his travel, though in order to catch the man he would have to run.

Jogging along the decaying grass on the country of Kansa Martin started to lose some hope. Two hours and still no luck. He hadn't found any evidence of activity at the gas station he just passed, which would is a key location for any survivor to hunt out. Still Martin had to continue, how else would he survive. He continued to walk among what remained. Rubbing his beard, Martin was shocked by a sound. A Terminator.

He squinted to see what was ahead, and crawling along the floor was a T-600. Its legs were out of use apparently. Martin saw this as hope ironically. He ran up to the disabled machine which quickly noticed him, it hungered to kill him, latching out with its metal hands trying to claw out Martins eyes. It could not reach.

“You son of a bitch”. Martin opened up the chamber, seeing five bullets left.

The red eyes were full of anger, his claws sharp and his chest full of a few bullet wounds.

“So you met someone hey? They treat you nice?”. The machine screamed at him in response.

“You’re not worth a single shot”. Martin drew back his revolver, leaving the machine behind, continuing to chase him like a turtle.

Martin found himself challenging a hill. He wanted to get a good sight of the place to at least try and pin-point where this guy could be. As he crawled up to the top he heard some rummaging on the other side. He peered his head over the top and what he saw made him happy.

A young looking man was looting around in an abandoned car. Near the car was a rather large shed, the door was closed. Could find some useful tools in there, this is a gold mine...

The young man started to look in the boot of the car, his back was facing Martin’s eyes.

Martin drew his revolver, slowly bringing it up, aiming at the right spot. Martin had a clear shot, just bang and he would be dead.

He pulled back the hammer, then the trigger.

The man went down, collapsing to the side. Martin was about to put his revolver back in his belt, but then the shed door opened. A young girl came out, rushing to the man, crying she hugged the lifeless man.

Martin hid on the other side of the hill, he was out of sight. Martin looked up to the sky, tears starting to show and regret quickly devouring him.

(Good song to end this chapter)

Last edited:

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Chapter 3, 'Don't give a kid a gun'
Among the night in the baron land of Kansas a decaying house remained, though still standing, a caring father and his little girl had sheltered.
“Remember Lilly we can’t be too loud ok?” Marcus said, while covering his twelve year old daughter with a tattered green blanket from the side. She stretched her tiny arms and yawned.

“We can still speak though?” Lily questioned.

“Of course we can”. He reassured, but in a hushing tone. “Just don’t speak too loud”.

“Well in that cas-“. She voiced herself then retracted, remembering what her father said and started to speak in a whisper.

“Well in that case, can we find something tomorrow?”

“Well that depends… That might have what you’re looking for at the resistance, if it’s still there… What is it you want to find?” Marcus went to the other end of room, sticking his hands in dusted cabinets, trying to find any supplies left in the house.

“You know the last group we were with… Nathan had this cool toy, it’s an Actionman-“

“An Actionman? So no dolls then?” He replied smiling at his daughter.

“Give me a doll and I’ll shoot its head off”. Lilly said patting her holster which held a Colt. While Lilly thought of it as a joke, her father didn’t feel the same. He clenched his jaw looking to the gun she always held at her side.

“Use it when you need too, not when-“.

I want too”. She said boldly. Lilly knew what he was going to say, Marcus had been telling her ever since she got the gun and she grew tired of the continuous notice he gave her. To make a point she took out the gun.

“I know this isn’t a toy Dad, you speak to me like I think it is, but I know it isn’t, this-this can save us, life or death and I know that”. She looked into his eyes, just hoping she would receive a normal response and not the overly protective one she normally got.

After finally finding a packet of chips which he took a bite from, Marcus came over to the girl putting his hand on her shoulder.

“Lilly, you’re still a child-”. Lilly shrugged his hand off.

“If you still think I’m a child, then don’t give a kid a gun”. She threw herself back to her bed, facing away from her father with clear anger and putting her gun in front of eyes on the floor.

I’m not a child, I’m not. She thought.

Her father came use to this attitude at times, so often he just forgot about it. Marcus had a check through his bag while eating away with his potato chips. From his bag Marcus bought out a grenade launcher they found a while back, they just haven’t found the right moment to use it.

Marcus sighed and looked at his daughter, he moved over to his little girl and kissed her on the back of her head.

“I love you Lilly” He moved back to his own space and started to attempt some sort of sleep, but an eye was always open, as it should be in this world. Lilly herself continued to gaze at her gun as if it was judging her, the only time when she used it was to practice shooting cans, unlike her father who destroyed a few terminators, though he had been fortunate enough not be in the position to kill a person. A question Lilly always pondered on, could she do it? How would she do it? What would her father think? Questions that kept her awake, but kept her alive. Lilly sighed quietly and closed her eyes hoping a good dream could find a way into her mind.

Finding comfort, Lilly managed to find some sleep, though this only held for an hour. She felt a hand tugging at her shoulder with some aggression. She turned in a moment’s notice to see her father with a concerning look. Marcus put a finger to his lips, signalling silence.

Don’t be one of them… She thought. Lilly felt her hand move to the grasp of her pistol. Marcus, in a squatting position moved over to the window to confirm his suspicions. Her heart built in pace, the silence of the night was clear, but something was out there… Lilly bought out her pistol, ready to defend herself.

Then the robotic scream emerged. A T-600 came crashing through the window, making a large hole in the wall, bringing rubble through the inside of the house. The machine as it came through tackled Marcus to the floor. The machine threw up his fist ready to bring down on his face.

Lilly bought up her gun as quickly as she could and she pulled the trigger.

She hit it, straight in the left shoulder. Distracted, Marcus kicked off the T-600 to the side, free of grasp Marcus ran to pick up his bag, but now the machine was looking towards Lilly. As it began to rise she shot again, hitting it through the chest twice. The machine hardly seemed too noticed.

“Lilly! In there now!” The machine nearing a full stance, she took the advantage and ran to the other room as her father told her, Marcus quickly followed with his grenade launcher, he slammed the door so he give a bit of le-way between themselves and the T-600.

As Marcus started to move a large cabinet to strengthen the door the machine came roaring through the breaking the door, tackling Marcus to the floor again, knocking the launcher from his grasp. Lilly tried to fire, but nothing came out. She glanced around the room looking for anything, but before she could even make a move her father grabbed the grenade launcher, aimed to the ceiling top of the where the door was and fired. The impact pushed Lilly against the wall and swept her off her feet. Part of the ceiling came hurling down upon the machine on top of Marcus. Luckily the Terminator had taken the impact of the explosion, but as Marcus planned with his shot… The rubble from above crushed the machines legs.

The robotic screamed arose once more. Marcus pulled himself out, grabbing Lilly from the floor he went out of the building. He looked back seeing that the wires that connected the legs to the torso of the T-600 snapped off, it was free from the rubble, but without legs. Marcus turned back and continued to run with his daughter over his shoulder, who remained unconscious.

“We’re going to be alright-going be alright- going to be alright-“ A panting voice said.

“Sh-She’ll be ok..”. The voice said again.

Her eyes opened slowly, the sight of day sent her eyes back to close, but she had to try.

“Lilly?!”

“Wha-Did-Did we kill it?”

“We terminated it” Her eyes opened to the fullest, she could see her father smiling and tears pouring down his cheeks.

Lilly sat up and squeezed her father with a hug.

“I love you dad”

“I love you Lilly”

Last edited: