Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Blade that Pierced through Hell Itself

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
This is information from Queen Leminth herself to be relayed to all participating in the ongoing battle against Queen Grief, as written by Lord Sinclair Arcturus.

Our first day of battle has ended in disarray and disillusion. Our conquest of Stormhold has failed miserably, and it would seem that Queen Grief holds power beyond anything we can hope to counter.

But this is not the case!

In light of our recent failings, Queen Leminth has decided to disclose previously confidential information regarding the extent of Queen Grief's hold.

Some time ago, the Airdocks of Altera were ravaged and destroyed by Grief's forces. In the aftermath of the battle, however, Queen Leminth defeated the demon Tavish and obtained "the Cube" from him.

Extensive research was done on the Cube, and it was eventually concluded that the Cube possessed the ability to open gates between worlds, namely between Altera and the Nether. This was done in three steps:

1. The object, person, or creature in question is deconstructed in preparation to enter the gate.
2. The gate is opened and the object, person, or creature passes through.
3. The object, person, or creature in question is reconstructed after a successful passage.

In conjunction with the Cube, research was also being conducted upon another artifact of the Nether: the blade known as the Shard of Grief, which formerly belonged to the demon Hellhound.

The Shard of Grief possessed the power to devour mortal souls, a blade that pierced deeper than the heart and flesh; no mere mortal could hope to face this blade and live.

And this brings us back to the Cube.

The power of the Cube could not be undone in full, but we were eventually able to undo the effects of the last step in the Cube's gate opening process: reconstruction.

Similarly, the power of the Shard of Grief could not be undone in full, but we were eventually able to remove the limiting "mortal" factor and grant the blade the power to pierce through all beings, including demons.

And so it came to be that a plan was formed to weaken Grief before the main battle had even begun.

The Shard of Grief was deconstructed and sent into the Cube. The Cube, in turn, was planted in such a way that Tavish was able to "steal" it back. When the Cube was used in an attempt to open up a gate, the Shard of Grief was thrust into the Nether.

Without the process of reconstruction intact, pieces of the blade were spread throughout the Nether, eradicating the realm of all "lesser" beings and minions of Grief, though most all of Grief's officers and "greater" demons survived. Tavish, however, apparently suffered in the attack when he attempted to retrieve the Cube after the scattering of the blade pieces.

As you can imagine, this attack has greatly weakened Queen Grief; her forces and numbers are greatly diminished. We should thusly expect to see few mass assaults on her part.

We, however, will be mustering every man available to us! In light of Grief's weakening, Queen Leminth and her leading generals have determined that we should turn towards an agressive, offensive strategy. Grief is already weak; we need only stamp out what remains.

Do not, however, believe that this makes our task any easier. Though Grief's minions are largely gone, her demons remain. We have enraged her and forced her to bring the best she has to offer.

This is why Queen Leminth has decided to reveal this information: every enemy we will face will be a major threat, and we must not underestimate anything in the battles to come! Know that all is not lost, but do not fail to act with caution and cunning!

This report has been brought to you on the 2nd of Fogwater in the year 2259 by Lord Sinclair Arcturus.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Approved by the Crest of the Silver Crown, alongside the Seal of Arduin.

Let the secrets in the shadows finally be brought to light...

EDIT: Few, if any, Blazes and Magma Slimes and Zombie Pigmen and Wither Skeletons...

This, this is why Leminth believes we have a chance.

Last edited:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
You threw the cube into the nether into the cube into the nether into the cube

Along with the biggest shotgun blast ever

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Minor differences that I put off to memories not being perfect and ICly, things changing in the retelling.

Thanks for the writeup. *Stampy Stampy*.

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
So... You weakened Grief but in return greatly sped up the process of corruption's spread and gave us less time to prepare?

Schirf

Settling in Altera
Deconstructed? Reconstructed? Wut? Arg, I work with iron and stone and brinks every day, and I didn't follow what you was sayin' well 'nuff to do it maself, so I know yer talkin' in ways that won't be understood the stableboy or the footsoldier or the, havin' met a few in ma time, Nobleman who visits pubs... funny how the high and mighty does that, but that be another issue altogether. So, can ya let me attempt ta restate what yer sayin', ta see if I has an understandin' good enough that the parts I get wrong don't matter?

Ya had some magic thing that lets ya walk between what is <points down> right 'ere and what is <waves hands in the air> out there. Ya turned it inta a bomb of sorts and sent it inta <waves hands> out there, and now ya thinks that the evilness <waves hands> out there is hurtin'. And yer tellin' us this because we got are arses kicked <points down> right 'ere and yer hope is ta make us fight 'arder?

Well, if that's true, thanks, but I don't plan on gettin' eaten by no demons nohow, so I'll be fightin' 'ard as I can, regardless.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
We aren't going to see any small minions, thats good enough for me!