Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Blood Days. (Sequel to Hard Times)

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Plot: The family that was held tight after the siege is now splintered and afar from each other. As Rynic deepens into the wild and mind driven by finding his family, a young man forced into the Aberstan milita finds want kind of side he is one. Rynic must realize who he is if his kin is to survive. .. (Will contain swearing)
Prologue

Everyone in the plains could hear the crackling burning behind them.

A thousand yards behind and the fire was still glazing over spines of militia, coating them with warmth. The sound of blood driven soldiers boasting of their kills came from man to man, as they were on foot, on horse or on a cart being pulled by a horse. Dondar Ice was on one of the ten carts, he was on the left side furthest to the back with his hands shaking vigorously like it was the coldest day of winter. Dondar’s hands thrust in the pockets of his boiled leather leggings to conceal the trembling.

“Oi”. A man rather close calls out. “Oi, you”. Dondar felt an iron fist knocking against his knee, he looks up to the other side of the cart to see a man in his thirty’s, sharp stubble and a short black haired head. He tilts his head to the side and glares on Dondar. “So. You’re a fighter?”. He asks and Dondar makes no reply, shrugs while attempting to hide his quivering hands. The man lets out a hearty chuckle and leans back while admiring the burning village behind them.

“First time at war kid?”. Kid. Dondar despised being called that, the baker, the guards and his older brother back home countless times they entitled him as ‘kid’. The name brought up past memories which were shortly interrupted by the cart taking a halt which took Dondar’s balance off, but he managed to catch himself on the wooden panel, effortlessly nailed to hold the cart together. Dondar looked up to the rest of militia which had also taken a stop, something important was about to happen. A heavy pounding set of steps came drumming through Dondar’s ears which grew louder each step, so much that he couldn’t hear his own thoughts. The owner of those feet came into view and he was a fearsome man. A tall figure, built like a bull and with shoulder blades that should rip his steel armour to pieces. He was bald with a black goatee and moustache and had eyes the colour of onyx. His face could tell his history in war, he had matching slit scars from his eyes to the bottom of his chin. He took a brief look at the militia and spat to the soft grass.

“So I ask for an army and this is what the King gives me. Bakers, gardeners, thieves and rapists who have never held an iron blade nor gutted another man… This is what the King gives me.” His deep, cold, icy voice silences everyone. “Winning wars is easy when the threat runs away. These villages you burn should of, and shall not give you any renown, glory or titles. You are the King’s militia under my command, your sacrifices put forward will not be written nor remembered, the King and his actions will last the ages while you do his bidding… The burning shall stop for today. In two nights time we will march into the woods and find these rebel survivors who continue to disclaim your King and we will kill them”. He turned away and headed forward, but from behind him came his squire, who had the cocky noble look, the man who would sleep with your wife, just because he could buy her gifts and give her land.

“Your Lord Commander has commissioned to make camp here, in the plains. Tents will occupy six men at a time, larger tents will be made for the armoury, storage and war room”. The stingy man proudly followed the steps of his master, and with his action everyone came off their carts and horses and started to unpack. Dondar took off his heavy pack and dropped it on the ground, unfortunately his gear was packed enough that it all flew out making a mess on the soon to be camp ground. Dondar sighed and started to pick up his gear. First was his blue cloak given to him by his brother, then a butter knife, but as soon as he reached for his tent pack someone else got their first.

“Excuse me tha-“.

“Not to worry mate, here’s your tent pack, don’t lose it”. It was the same man on the cart. Dondar gave his thanks and continued to pick up the rest of his gear while being watched by the man.

“What’s ya name? I’m Armen Murphy, come from Cattlesbree in the North, not the nicest of places, but the quietest, main reason why I live there, that and the whores. The best whores are in the most, ‘unexpected places’. Which is a rule I carry with me, and in my pants”. Another hearty chuckles came from him which was mildly interrupted by Dondar who threw his cloak on the ground in slight outrage.

“Look, I’m busy here, go pester someone who would care, not that anyone one would, best luck would be someone death perhaps?”.

“No need to be a cunt, just trying to lighten the mood”.

“How can you? That dam fire seems to be doing the trick!”.

“This isn’t going to get easier you know. This war will only get harder, and you need people to get you through it”.

“I don’t need your help”.

“Aye my lad, but you do”. Armen glared at him for a moment and started to walk away, Dondar sighed and spoke up.

“Could you-Could you give me a hand?”. He asks in a questionable and apologetic tone. Armen turned with a grin and picked up the blue cloak.

“Be a pleasure.”

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Chapter 1

The metallic ringing of tent stakes going into the cold night ground, shadowed by the warmth of the camp fire one for every six tents. The militia was made up of two hundred and fifty men all commissioned by the governors of towns and villages, they had never experienced a war in their time, but the Northern King continues to sack the South until it is his.

In the camp Dondar and Armen were in, they had four others with them. Tisar Britmens, once a silk merchant, Falmor Mark, a farmer, Gildor Bonan, a butcher, and Richard Darton, once a trader of the West. Their specific camp settlement held a fire ripping in the middle which was circled by six individual dusk green tents. The group was settled around the fire, telling tales and the view on the current war.

“I’ve never understood why we burn these villages, makes no sense”. Abruptly Falmor said.

“The King wants the South for his kingdom, and how does he do it? By sending us to sack the entire South”. Calmly stated by Richard. Falmor breaks some cold bread and takes a chunk.

“Yeah… but why sack it? Can’t we just… hunt down the Southern King and have is head off?”. Falmor chews on some bread while he waits for an answer.

“We sack it, to send the hidden King a message. It will bring him out of his cave to speak of terms to end the war”. A few moments of silence breeze through the group, Dondar isn’t keen with talking, he’s always been a shy person, but once something pushes him too far, his full emotions come out, but he felt the need to ask a question.

“So why are we know going to find the survivors? The commander says about them being rebels, how does he even know that?” Richard glares into the fire while he plays with his iron dagger.

“I’m not sure… I heard that our ‘commander’ scouted the woods and spotted a fort, has secure fences and holds survivors. Thirty is the rumour that goes round, they grew each day and scavenge off our scouting parties which are being sent back to us as a present”.

A small number of minutes pass with talk of war and home then Armen stands, cracks his knuckles.

“Ahh, I’m taking a piss, the cold will probably freeze my cock off”. A light chuckle comes from the group, but as Armen is about to exit the camp he beckons Dondar over to him without the others seeing.

“I’ll think I’ll join him on that”. Dondar picks himself up and rubs his palms together for warmth as he walks towards Armen.

“This way lad”.

By a rosemary bush they stand with their piss steaming in the cold night.

“Just a warning for ya lad, stay as far away as you can from the commander”.

“Whys that?”. As Dondar pulls his leggings up.

“You know what he’s known as?”. Dondar shakes his head.

“The Bald Butcher… He cut a man in half with a single swing of his sword then took the halved head to the King, that man he killed was the Southern King’s son. His heir. You think, Armen why are you telling me this? I tell you, coz he knows who your father his, so do I. You’re the Bastard son of Arran Hall, Hand of the King”.

Dondar looked at him with disbelief and fear. He dipped his head into the palms of his icy hands and sighed. He looked back up to Armen. “You must tell no one… If he finds me, my father will have me dead for leaving”.

“Dead for leaving?”

“I ran away, my father, he used to beat me, treat me like shit, as if I wasn’t his own blood. If the ‘Butcher’ finds me and takes me back, I’ll lose my head”. Armen put his hand out and shook it with Dondar, they both smiled and headed back to camp.

“See, what I don’t get is who thought of milking a cow in the first place?” Falmor asks while the others groan and curse at his stupid question.

“For God’s sake Fal, what’s with these fucking questions?”. Mockingly said by Tisar.

“You mean, you don’t question the whole idea of a ‘man’ squeezing the teats of a cow?”.

“I question how fucking stupid you are”. The group laugh at Gildors response.

“It’s a different question if the cow is Fal’s mother”. Armen still chuckling says. The group continue to laugh.

“Oh my, I would love a squeeze of her tits, all big and juicy-“. Falmor pushes Tisar over in a joking manner. The group chuckle more and then noticing the fires of other camps go out.

“Right, come on lad’s, time to lay your heads”. Commonly stated by Richard. The group entered their accommodated tents and lay their heads on backpacks and cloaks, while the icy breeze continued to come through the tents. Dondar laid to his side and thought of his father. He felt the taste of bile in the back of his throat, just with the thought of him. He took off his glove revealing the burn scar on his wrist. I have you to thank for this father. He thought. When Dondar was much younger and a time when the beats were less, Dondar was playing swords with his older brother who was of actual legitimate birth. Their father watched as they knocked each other with sticks matched like short swords. Eventually Dondar disarmed his brother and knocked him on the top of his head, his father rose up in anger. “NO. You are a bastard! Not a warrior, not a hero a bastard!”. Dondar in permanent shock didn’t say a word, then his father took him by the wrist over to the fireplace.

“Father ple-“.

“Begging’s for bastards”. Dondar’s wrist was forced into the roaring fire, roasting his flesh. A boy had never screamed nor cried this much in his entire life. “LOOK AT IT! I SAID LOOK AT IT!!!”. Screaming into the poor boys face, making him tremble and cry, he took the burning hand out and said. “You, are a bastard, and always will be, every time you wake up, you are a bastard. Every time you have breakfast, you are a bastard. And every time you go to sleep, you are a bastard”.