Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon The Cave [Short Story]

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty

The Cave.
=-=

Warm breeze of a morning’s breath gently embraced the back of William’s neck, He ran swiftly down the rough trail made by his own past steps upon the wet surface of the cold soil of the small jungle on the far east of the isle, the treeline starting to open to a wide field. The sound of the sea crashing against the shore of the stonecliff, the sound lightly embracing the ears of whoever is blessed enough to have that moment of peace. Running to the break in the treeline, the morning sunshine lightly kissed the skin of his face, the scene like something painted upon a canvas lighting the sky and bits of light shining off the warms of the light blue southern waters.

A few more moments of rushed running, swift breaths as the manor in the distance on top of hill looking down at the ocean from the top of a hill looking down at cliffs curving downwards into a small beach. The home nearly shined like a foreign paradise on the island, sitting on the small cliff side facing the ocean. The house, built in a victorian era style with many balconies facing the bright blue waters of the southern ocean. William knew he was in trouble, as he approached the house the sound of light music rang into his ears “Damnit it! Mother is awake, I cannot sneak in!” He whispered quietly to himself as he lowered himself towards the ground. “Maybe mother will let it slide.. but father on the other hand..” he cursed quietly to himself, praying mentally to every god he knew of that his father was not awake and asleep.

He stepped as carefully as his feet would allow, avoiding the carefully cared for rose bushes that surround the house. He’d move towards the middle room on the left, his room notable been moved from upstairs as he could jump off the balcony and into the ocean. He swung the room’s window up, and then climbed through the window and into the room, filled with various hints at sailing, a old wooden steering wheel on his wall, and a poor attempt at making a miniature model of flagship on his desk. “Had a hard night?” a voice called from the doorway, cursing to himself he turned to face the man with a large belly, that man being his father, Harry. “Nae.. just went for a morning walk.. father.” He’d smile weakly in reply to which Harry would shake his head “Istuion is waiting for you in the living room.” Harry would command, to which William would reply with a grunt and a kick at his desk before exiting the room.

Istuion, by all means, wasn’t a pleasant man to be with, the Elf commanded with force and spoke with a tone that converted undying displeasure, cold in tone. William hated his lessons on Elven, even the beauty of the ocean and the light sounds of it crushing upon the shore was not enough to overshadow the pain and general boring feeling of these lessons with Istuion. William wished he could switch teachers with Alice, Alice had a beautiful redheaded Elven lass for a teacher, who spoke with a singsong voice and smiled often. Harry knew that, having a beautiful elven teacher like that work with William would be a mistake..

“Tolo govano ven?” the cold ton rung out as William entered the doorway to the room, the elf with dark black hair which was greased out of his face and kept straight without a single hair out of place, it being pushed behind his ears “...I don’t know what that means” William called back to him, The elf turned to him, holding a meter stick in his left hand and glaring daggers at him with his cold, icy grey eyes. William, returning the cold glares went to sit down at the table. “Do you wish not to greet your teacher in his proper tongue?” Istuion replied, with a kind of, posion to his words “Ai!” William returned, one of the few phrases of Elven he actually understood, a cold greeting. “Argoreg Vae.” the elf returned in his cold tone “Assuming you don’t know, nor did the reading I assigned you that means “You did well” which I am now regretting telling you.” He’d step to the table, putting his hand on the table and looking down upon William “Seeming as you put not even a bit of work, nor desire into my lessons and learning a pure and clean language such as Elven, my lording Blackfire.” He’d said, in the cold low tone natural to him with hints of poison in his words, William gritted his teeth, his face red with rage. “Oh poor Willy, it seems your face is red and your teeth gritted, did I strike nerve? Cause you to go into a rage? Perhaps use your knowledge to tell me to leave your presence like a true lord? will you speak out “Ego!” which means go away, which I doubt you know.. Am I wrong?” William took a calming sigh and then stared at the elf and said; “Natye necindo..” with that the elf turned swiftly to have to strike at his hand with the wooden meter stick, to which William would cry out. “You damn humans don’t get it? Elves have lived gracefull-” Tuning the elf out, William turns to look at the open doorway to the balcony, He smirked, knowing the jump wasn’t too high and the water deep enough. As the elf turned to look out the window and speak further on with his rant about the purity of the elves, William shrugged off his coat and then raised to his feet, stepping quietly to the balcony and then dashing at the doorway and jumping, the warm air coming upwards and stroking his skin softly, as he then hit water with the cold embrace of the salty waters.

He kept low in the water, staying under as long as he could to keep out of the slight for the people surely wishing to find him and drag him back to his lessons. The water a bit cold from the morning temperature yet- this didn’t faze William as he swam to the next beach away from the home and begin his journey on land. Once upon the beach he’d start the long trek to the north side of the isle, where the port laid but to get there he had to pass through the forest, through the plantation fields and then finally sneak through the town without being caught to make it to his ‘secret’ beach. Yet, this was not his first time making the trek alone, in truth he was a hardened veteran when it came to making the trip and sneaking out of the house. He knew, based on his previous attempts how long it would take for Istuion to tell father, who would then notify the guards in the village, he knew he had exactly 30 minutes before the guards started to look for him. With that, he started his trek, crossing firstly the warm forest and then the plantation, with sugarcane lightly moving with the wind as he passed through them, pausing every now and than to take a moment to listen; to allow running into a worker. Finally he crossed the fields, and followed around the outskirts of the town, once heading the far side, two cliff sides welcomed him. He moved towards a large rock and pushing it out and revealing a hole which held rope ladder, and two stakes,nailing the ladder into place he’d drop it and then climb down towards the secret beach, unnoticing the stormclouds gathering upon him. Stepping towards the near cliff, going towards the entrance to the cave, stepping into it and sitting down and taking his length of rope out of his pocket and started to work on his knotting.

Thunder roamed heavily in the sky, roaring out and dominating over any sound trying to outdo it on the land, it rocked the wall of William’s cave hideout yet he didn’t care as he mindlessly tied the rope over and over. CRASH, RUMBLE, the rocks ontop of the cave started to swift and move vibrating the cave walls and floor.. yet William didn’t notice until it was too late. His heart beating loudly in his chest, the air seeming to be thicker and harder to breath in before, his hands shook as he reached to his waterskin on his belt, going to take a sip yet with his hands shaking like a earthquake, most of the water missed his mouth and dripped down onto his shirt. Sound seemed to almost, slow down, the sound of lighting dulling to a slow and long noise, seeming unreal and far too long, the boy stayed there for what felt like days, until the light broke through, leaving a permant scar...

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Feedback would be lovely, if you wish to share your thoughts, I plan on writing more.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Enhanced;

I looked over it and found some mistakes I read over.. oops!