Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Dwarves of Altera: Tales of Dwarven Kings

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Does anyone want to form a dwarven band with me and travel far and wide in search of treasure and dragons? :D
Hmm...I think Thôrdil would find that amusing, though...he spends alot of time in his Forge trying to get Steel...

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Updated, adding Stoneshield to the row of Kings, our current king. Can this thread be moved to Lore - Races - Dwarves?

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
*Wipes a tear.* Beautiful. I remember it all. Or at least, the most of it.
Very accurate summary of the history. I like it! :D

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Updated, adding Stoneshield to the row of Kings, our current king. Can this thread be moved to Lore - Races - Dwarves?
This is an interesting dichotomy. Jaret (Lannis ) is still /technically/ the King of the Dwarves under Korog. So I'm interested how this new king will deal with that situation. BoredBrit may be /a/ dwarven king, but the question is whether or not he is /the/ dwarven king.

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
Oh, I remember all them kings...
Thank you! It has always been my motive to write them: So that later on people could IC use them to gain true knowledge about the history of the server. I've enjoyed the events as much as writing each one of the books.
I found an original version of one of your books in an abandoned chest in HR. Since it is the original, you might want to it to go into some kind of library?

Attachments

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
This is an interesting dichotomy. Jaret (Lannis ) is still /technically/ the King of the Dwarves under Korog. So I'm interested how this new king will deal with that situation. BoredBrit may be /a/ dwarven king, but the question is whether or not he is /the/ dwarven king.
All is well, in time. As it says, this has happened after only a month of work, and I don't intend to stop just yet. ;D

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
A person is only a king if acknowledged by others, if they don't follow, there's nothing to rule and make decisions about. If people deny rule over them by someone else, there's little this person can do :p
In the case of the Dwarves: Jaret has 0 followers, Erik has plenty. That's how the position of king shifts from man to man.
(Technically, Hrothgar never gave the crown to Seth, he just left in exile. That'd mean the entire line of kings after Hrothgar is not legit :p)

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Erik does not denounce Jaret as a king, he supports his rule, but he believes that Jaret is in all reality only king of Irrcrawn. He just believes that the King of Irrcrawn is hardly the right person to rule over ALL of the Dwarves.

Last edited:

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
(Technically, Hrothgar never gave the crown to Seth, he just left in exile. That'd mean the entire line of kings after Hrothgar is not legit :p)
I'd actually argue that the opposite is the case in terms of the Dwarves. Given their history, I imagine it would raise more questions for a King (or a bearded Queen, you never know) to inherit the Crown through bloodline.

Why? I am glad you asked!

Interestingly enough, not once in the server's history has the Dwarven crown passed from a father to a son. The closest thing to it was Hrothgar's succession, who was - I believe - either an outlying or adopted relation of King Lars when he was appointed to succeed him. It was not a case of inheritance.

Equally, Seth, Jaret, and the other, more insurgent Kings have shared no relation. As Pirate says, there is no precedent for a blood claim. However, as Arch says, there is the question of divine precedent. Lastly, there's the question of whether two Dwarven Kings can or should coexist.

But that's for the Dwarves to fight out amongst themselves. ;)

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
A lot of folks seem to be arguing for Lannis's characther on such things...why don't we let Lannis decide if he wants to argue about Jarets right to a/the crown?

Lannis care to weigh in?

Last edited:

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
A lot of folks seem to be arguing for Lannis's characther on such things...why don't we let Lannis decide if he wants to argue about Jarets right to a/the crown?
Oooh.. Imagine a Dwarven Civil War, that'd be fun.
*Warps back into the Shadows*

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
A king with no followers is no king, no matter how divine the crown is.

In the past, before divine intervention, the kings were appointed by the previous kings. I should know, one of my many legacy characters is the bastard son of Seth.

But still, kings require followers. Jaret may have divine right but the a lot of the current dwarves haven't even seen their supposed king. It is illogical.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
I don't think Immerael was refuting any of the various theories, just the fact that ultimately it'll come down to what characters know, believe, and act on (or don't act on) rather than whatever theories us 'orrible lot rattle on about behind the scenes. ;)

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Oooh.. Imagine a Dwarven Civil War, that'd be fun.
*Warps back into the Shadows*
It'd probably end up with Jaret just gathering a dozen different powerful friends and going to town on whoever opposed him, in all honesty
(Lannis did I do good)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Guys, I love how everyone has a view on this! Thanks for the attention to the Dwarves, meh gustah :)
Other than that, Lannis' let me know that he does not intend to Roleplay as Jaret anymore, or at all, if ever.
I loved the rp's I had with him roleplaying Jaret, yet I still respect his decision.
This is what I hoped for, people talking about the Dwarves again and debating difficult political terms :p Truly, I love y'all!

Now as to my earlier question: Is this worthy to be posted underneath the Horgaahn thread in the lore section of the Dwarves? I think it'd make sense to move this thread there :p

(Y)

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Oh wooow. Lars is a name I haven't heard in a loooong time.