Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Elder Scrolls Online

meinheld

Villager
I know there will be alot of people playing The Elder Scrolls Online and I was wondering if there would be a guild or faction made by the creators of this server website if you know tell me

Spark

Broken
Has any decent information even been released on this?

Either way, first I heard of I got excited because I was thinking something like skyrim online :c

Con

Lord of Altera
you know it's just gonna be another hotkey smashing game, where you can't get fully immersed because your friends want to go do something else, or you have to pick the right class or else the party just won't work, in my opinion it'll just be another Everquest or WoW.

sorry if that sounds arrogant or what ever, don't want to cause an argument.

Verahawk

Loyal Servant of Altera
you know it's just gonna be another hotkey smashing game, where you can't get fully immersed because your friends want to go do something else, or you have to pick the right class or else the party just won't work, in my opinion it'll just be another Everquest or WoW.

With an MMO world, hundreds of players, it's going to be alot different from Skyrim and Oblivion (Imo)
Imagine 3,000,000 players online, 25,000 of them sneaking around, 45,000 of them toying with physics, etc. It would be too much for a server. At best I imagine it'd be similar to Rift, WoW or Guild Wars. Worst would be they buy out runescape and rename it "Skyrunes".

Mrbubbles1951

Lord of Altera
Every mmorpg has been the same, some are better than others and some are free! Free I tell you a haha *the desent into madness has begun*

Verahawk

Loyal Servant of Altera
Every mmorpg has been the same, some are better than others and some are free! Free I tell you a haha *the desent into madness has begun*
Free are usually: Free! (Except you do have to pay for these game-affecting features and items which vastly affect how powerful the player is)

Seth_Jenkins

Lord of Altera
My Friend raged when she heard about Elder Scrolls Online....
She really dosn't want it...I mean my ears are still recovering...:(

Sassy

Lord of Altera
Legend
SewSassy
SewSassy
Legend
Free are usually: Free! (Except you do have to pay for these game-affecting features and items which vastly affect how powerful the player is)
Lolyup. Pretty much the economy works these days. XD

Jónsak

Lord of Altera

Actually according to the videos they've released (Theres about 3-4 videos explaining how the game works) its not gonna be 100% hotkey based, they said minimum hotkey mashing and classes dont matter since anyone can throw a heal and its set up so you dont need a healer or tank, and healers work like this, im gonna set it up as a WoWw based thing: Healer throws a healing spell on Tank but instead of it healing him its his responsibility to activate the heal himself so no more God %$#&# Healer learn to heal you #$%#& $%&//#$&#$%T &$#%$%#$%"!
Since its the tanks fault if he doesn't use the heal on the right time but according to the videos tanks and healers are not a must, you can play this with only dps based classes and your mage can run around with a warhammer and your rouge can fight with a Two Handed Waraxe of Warrioryness. Buuuut since when has any game maker actually stand by his/her promises? :p

Satouroes

Loyal Servant of Altera
I try to stay optimistic about games until there is some definite proof that it's going to be bad. I don't like how some people always expect the worst.

Eric V

Legend of Altera
Either way, good or bad ill be picking up ESO. At the very least trying it, and more likely then not, playing it for hours on end @.@ especially if its console compatible like the old FF11 was.

Jónsak

Lord of Altera
I personally can't wait lol, The Elder Scrolls have always been my favorite game series, ever since dad let me play Oblivion instead of Gothic 3 :heart:

Satouroes

Loyal Servant of Altera
I have to agree, TES has been my favorite game series and I'm looking forward to the opportunity to play it with my friends.

Backstay

Lord of Altera
I won't buy The Elder Scrolls: Online. After playing World of Warcaft for 7 years (since it came out) i've got a tad tired of MMORPG's.

Satouroes

Loyal Servant of Altera
I hate how tight TESO are being about their game. It's all basically, trailers and "Demo's" that show you nothing and some guy talking about what might be in the game but really he just avoids answering properly.