Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Erudite Accord

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant

The Erudite Accord is devoted to the advancement of civilised society.
Dedicated to improving the lives of Alterans through scientific research,
they aim to further as many fields of study as possible. They will try to achieve
this through extensive examination of the world in which they live in,
conducting experiments on a variety of materials and substances.

The group has been founded with the core ethical codes of Theodra, Silas,
and Rahas, though direct worship of the three isn't necessary. Put simply,
the 'edicts' of the group are Wisdom, Intellect, and Altruism, each represented
by an arm of the triskelion sigil, with the centre representing the self.

In the interests of efficiency, there is no mandatory location where all
research and experiments must be carried out, but members of the Accord
are asked to provide copies of their notes and discoveries to Funera Voca,
so that the knowledge can be safely stored and provided to the public.

Through this, it's hoped that a centre of knowledge can be established,
that anyone can travel to, and learn about history, alchemy, the nature of
our deities and perhaps even an insight into the inner workings of magic
and the Planar Infinity. Agriculture, philosophy, botany - the group
hopes that in time, a vast wealth of knowledge will be available to all.

-Ced J'sera-

Last edited:

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
The above post is a poster pinned to the noticeboard of the Crossroads Inn. The parchment is thick, and of good quality. The writing is very neat, written in a dark grey, and the sigil is stamped in blue.

Last edited:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
While I think this is a great idea isn't Spear and K9 doing something similar? As an outsider what separates your group from theirs?

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Not much at all :rolleyes:
So here's the competition... Soon we'll be having weekly research guild football games!

I do like how this is much more religiously oriented and structured than Spear's, it offers an interesting contrast between two things that are disputably the same.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
So here's the competition... Soon we'll be having weekly research guild football games!

I do like how this is much more religiously oriented and structured than Spear's, it offers an interesting contrast between two things that are disputably the same.
Fair enough but the part that most interests me is also the part that arguably contradicts their mission the most. The possibilty of researching magic to me is great but by dedicating themselves to the gods doesn't that run afoul the Divine Law? The seventh to be exact.

7. Those who choose upon the nameless departed as their patron offend greatly the Pantheon, and so it shall be. Those who seek the magical arts shall be excommunicated from the ranks of the Pantheon, shall be excommunicated by the Noble divines of the Pantheon. For they may never hold any rank nor position within the High Church of Altera. They may not be provided with boons nor have any calls heeded.
-Users of such arts that are granted by the Divines ("God-Given magic", re: Sisterhood) and users who have received official pardon by the High Council may intertwine themselves with the High Church of Altera and receive attention from the Pantheon.
-Users of Black Magic are to be given no pardon!
-(The four schools of magic are not referenced here, putting them in a grey area open to interpretation)
Now the last bit may be the loophole their going for but that was posted back during the previous four schools of magic, not the current ones. Now that is all up to RP interpretation as to how you deal with that but I just found it odd that the group who isn't dedicated to a God didn't mention magic in their research but the group dedicated to three IS open to magical research.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Fair enough but the part that most interests me is also the part that arguably contradicts their mission the most. The possibilty of researching magic to me is great but by dedicating themselves to the gods doesn't that run afoul the Divine Law? The seventh to be exact.
Hold your horses - while I won't go into the intimate details of the group's philosophy, I will stress that worshipping deities is not a necessary part of being involved. The Erudite Accord does not take responsibility for any member who invokes Godly wrath upon themselves during their studies!

Last edited:

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
This hung at the Crossroads?

-K9

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
This hung at the Crossroads?

-K9
Not yet! I'm going to play this whole thing by ear. If it takes off in RP, then I'll set up a lot of stuff for it on the forums, but I don't want to make the mistake that a lot of organisations do by establishing an extensive system and make lots of claims before the infrastructure is set up in-game and in-character, if that makes sense.There will most likely be some sort of public, IC advertisement - it's just a matter of when.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Prompted by Raykaystar - It's now a poster on the noticeboard at the Crossroads! ... Until someone takes it down again, but then I'd like the book returned to me if they do :p
What do u have to do to join?
Find my character and talk to him about it :)

Nemoy

Lord of Altera
Nemoy2001
Nemoy2001
Oooh...

What's your stance on Inquisitors investigating intellectual offenses? Cyrus a philosophical moderate, but he's got some unconventional ideas about deities that may lead to investigation.