Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon The First Voyage.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
I'm reposting this shortstory I posted on William's profile, I'm planning on writting a series of short-stories based both on current RP and his backstory
-===============================================================-

The sea was fair, yet, I could hear the waves clash against the wooden side of the longship, roaring the air like thunder, and the creaking of the wood as it glided gently along the top of the water. The southern breeze lightly tickled my side as my eyes guided over towards the horizon, a light colour starting to rise from what looked to be coming from the water itself, soon it would be dawn… “Dawn” I frowned silently to myself as my hand lightly adjusted the course of the longship. My thoughts turned back to the thought of the girl How old is she now? She must be near fifteen? Perhaps sixteen. The frown returned to my face as I silently worried about her, then moving my vision towards the deck looking over the other deckhands that were quietly asleep most of their faces turned a plump red from the southern sun before. Returning my vision to the horizon I looked over to the mouth of a wide northern river that connects the eastern and western oceans, a river I knew very well.

“Father, Father!” I called out as I tugged off the cotton jacket I was wearing, running across the deck of the large trade-ship flying a black and red banner from the mast, and then jumping to hold onto the barrier between the wall of the deck and the ocean, peering over the dark blue waters and towards a river’s opening. I heard the distance opening of the quarters my father and mother shared, and without looking I could feel the worried stare of my mother as she watched me. “Aye my boy?” A strong voice called as the sound of his boot’s heels tapping on the wood as he walked towards the head of the boat, going to lend against the barrier next to me “Is that it Father-“ Gesturing with my finger towards what appeared to be a big harbour with ships and a keep of stone upon a mountain in the ocean “-Is that Illirea?” Harry chuckled lightly at that and then shook his head in reply “No my son, Illirea is still west of here, that is Heaven’s Reach.” Harry was a big man, fairly well built but with a pot belly that seemed to grow with each child he had, with large hands he opened a map and gestured to it with a big finger, leading the path from Heaven’s Reach towards the small town of Illirea, I nodded with excitement and then smiled back up to him.

“Oi, William!” a loud voice boomed into my ears, forcing me back into reality, I looked across the longship towards the man calling my name, Folkangar, the ‘head’ of this ship. He was a large northern man with a commanding voice and a stern face, yet he was the first to pour the mead and laugh as he told tales of his time sailing and join in with others in song and hearth. He had a golden head of hair, some with braids to the side to keep it out of his face and then a beard. “Ye just goin’ to zone out again? We’re almost to Mynerth.” He called out to me. “Aye.. Ah am sorry Folkangar, ye mind gettin’ those sleepin’ fish ye call crew up?” I called back to him with a smirk, to which he returned with a nod and a light laugh. Focusing my eyes back to the water, I adjusted the path just slightly to face some coming waves on a better angle, something of dark colour caught my eyes to the left, my interest perked.. I turned my head to look and frowned sadly at what I saw upon that island, and what banner was being flown…

“Are you not worried William? Leaving your friends behind at the planation?” Harry asked as the ship drew closer to Illirea, the small town getting closer to the ship. “No father, not at all.” I replied quickly with little thought on the matter. “Why not? They were your friends.” Father asked with his brows lowered in question. “Aye I suppose.. but all they did was talk about jousting and knights,, running around with sticks and playing knight, this is a /real/ adventure” Harry laughed lightly at that and then focused ahead as the ship drew even closer, a figure walking on the dock and as the distance closed, I noticed the golden eyes and then stepped forward off the ship to put a single foot onto the dock and then turn to watch mother and father step off with the two toddlers. safety in their arms, I turned to run “William stop and say hell-..” My mother called as I ran past the figure on the docks to explore the island, and then the call of reality the light tickle of a cold breeze

The breeze turned the cold, the waters taking a deeper blue colour with a light downfall of light pure white snowflakes onto the deck of the ship, sticking to the hair and beards of the men on the deck of the longship. I welcomed the breeze as it ring a song to my ears and was a clear sign that I had finally made it back to my home, and I can finally see Kara again. I could really use a honey ale I told myself quietly as I watched the waves bash themselves against the sides of a ship almost like an army raiding a walled city, the creaks clear in my ears roaring like thunder clear and strong. I couldn’t help but quietly whistle to myself as the longship grew closer to the port of Mynerth and towards the docks, the snow increasing in speed as the men start to prepare themselves to dock, and with that I reached a single foot out onto the dock and sighed a happy breath and smiled.

“Ah am finally home.”

-===============================================================-

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Just for the Hype, the next two short stories have names;
1) The Cave
2) The Path's Pilgrimage
3) ??
4) ??

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Can I use this story to make a video of?
I've gathered some voice actors by now and I noticed a post of staff that we can visit the old world.
If I can gather some actors and get the staff to give us fly permissions there, I can use my video-recording and -editing software to get your story onto the screen.
I picked yours cause it's almost like a script already. Depicting the place, the spots characters look at, and it has some dialogue in it too.
Teeke and The Tottot (main voice actors) what do you think?
I think it would make a great hommage to the old world and especially the legendary city Heaven's Reach.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Can I use this story to make a video of?
I've gathered some voice actors by now and I noticed a post of staff that we can visit the old world.
If I can gather some actors and get the staff to give us fly permissions there, I can use my video-recording and -editing software to get your story onto the screen.
I picked yours cause it's almost like a script already. Depicting the place, the spots characters look at, and it has some dialogue in it too.
Teeke and The Tottot (main voice actors) what do you think?
I think it would make a great hommage to the old world and especially the legendary city Heaven's Reach.
I appreciate the offer, but, the story was not meant to be an homage to Heaven's Reach at all. Like I said, I appreciate the offer and the thought, but I'd prefer it stay just a written story.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I appreciate the offer, but, the story was not meant to be an homage to Heaven's Reach at all. Like I said, I appreciate the offer and the thought, but I'd prefer it stay just a written story.
okay! Understandable