Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Galo Gulch Tournament

Anithola

Lord of Altera
(I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this, if not feel free to move it, thank you.)
The thread is subject to change, do not take anything written here as a final judgement because i might have to change some details!

RP Introduction

You are walking towards the docks, turning your back to the silver palace as you pass "The Merry Mead". A fresh piece of parchment has ben attached to the wall and you edge closer to read the small, delicate letters.

" Galo Gulch calls upon all citizens wanting to prove their strength and dexterity in the grand arena of Galo Gulch, a set amount of emeralds will be granted to the one worthy of calling himself Champion. Show up at the Galo Gulch arena shortly before the tournament starts to participate in the mentioned events.

The event will take place ( Insert Date Here ) Draco Lonmar "

OOC Introduction

So yeah, I recently noticed a thread concerning a pvp tournament for the game "Starmade" And it made me think, why is no one doing this for hollowworld? So I took the initiative and decided to make it happen myself, after the Galo Gulch event ( about a week and a half ) the arena will be usable yet again and that is exactly what I inted to do. The tournament is absolutely FREE, so dont hesitate for some pvp fun!

You have most likely picked up by now that the event itself will take place at the Galo Gulch arena just by the gates of the city itself, everything needed will be provided there so bringing a clear inventory is recommended as it will remove the problem about keeping items for others or eventually giving back items. I plan on this being a repeatable event, as in running it maby once per weekend or maby even several times a week if i find time, a reward of X emeralds will be rewarded to the winning player. The reward will increase according to the amount of players, with a cap of 16. I will most likely keep a board in some kind of side room keeping track of winners and win/loss ratios.

You might ask why I demand fights using sticks, it is for the simple reason that some have higher sword skill than others and that will radically decide the outcome of a skirmish, yes i know i know, " but these guys worked hard for their skills?!" Well yes, although this tournament is supposed to be fair for everyone, so yeah, sorry people who have used hours grinding zombies.

Rules
1 - Fights will happen using sticks and no armor. Potions, buffs or enchantments of any kind are strictly forbidden and will cause an instant disqualification.​
2 - The tournament will use a simple, randomized branch system, where 16 people are turned to 8, 4 and then the two remaining are featured in the finals.​
3 - Failing to turn of fly mode before the fight is allowed ONCE for each turnament and will result in a reset to starting positions. If it happens more than once you will be disqualified with the same result as a loss.​
4 - There is no application process, therefore i strongly recommend meeting at the arena at least 15 minutes before the event to get signed up and avoid confusion and delays.​
5 - The overseers ( most likely me ) judgement is final, I will listen to your excuses and explanations but if i decide something its decided, no need to delay the event further, with this i mean things like:​
- " OMG rematch, my screen froze just as i was running out of the gate! "​
- " I clicked /stopfly but it didnt work, you cant disqualify me it wasnt my fault OMG! "​
6 - Failing to follow instructions given will result in a warning and then a potential disqualification, if you are with the audience and cant be disqualified you might have to leave the arena.​
These are all the rules I can think of so far, i really wanted to get this out before i went to bed, thanks for reading!​
- Anithola​

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Most likely around 6-9 gmt on a friday, saturday or sunday.
and as mentioned its repeatable. So my goal is having at least one event every weekend.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
I'm up for it!

-K9

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Alright, thank you for showing interrest! This kind of event really depends on a decent amount of players in order to function properly, so please, if you can, share this with your Hollowworld buddies! Perhaps make some good rp of it? :)

Anithola

Lord of Altera
You can come fight ooc though? I mean, having a character not fighting shouldnt be a limitation in my opinion! And we really need people :oops:

hshotwell

Lord of Altera
:p punch you later then! Until that point, if anyone is interested I can host some pub brawls at the Sunk'n Norwegian. Same idea, different venue.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Yeah that sounds like fun, make sure to let me know when! If many people attends i will do an rp introduction for the Brawler's guild thing to see if people would be intrested.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
*Bump* I'l need to cancel this unless more people show interest. Suppose pvp isnt too popular on this server :-\

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Great! I suppose if this fails to draw sufficient attention we can always do smaller brawls from time to time :)