Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Great South-West Road

wanderin_robin

Admin au Naturale
If roads arent been carried over then could we just do it in the 1.9 world?

The buildings will be better, with windows etc, this was just a quick experiment last night

beacon tower and bridge.pngford.png Minecraft Username: wandering_robin

Name of Project: The Great South-West Road, or something like that, depends where we are on the 1.9 map

Intention of the project: Road connecting Skara Brae and the other southern cities to Port Silver and each other

Builders: Me, Koerhuisje

Why is this a good addition to HollowWorld? Make travelling safer and easier

Used materials: Stone Bricks (and the subsequent varieties) and materials related to the terrain the road passes through ie. dark wood in a pine forest, sandstone in the desert

RP explanation/introduction: The Great Sou-west Road stretches from the farthest frozen corner of Altera, to the great city of Port city, bringing trade and travel to some of the more remote places in the land. Passing by several inns for the weary traveller, and connecting with other roads along the way it helps to bring the towns and cities closer for trade and meeting other citizens, as well as allowing those who cant afford passage on a ship or the radiants to buy a horse a way to see the world.

Attachments

Koerhuisje

Moderating the herps & derps
koerhuisje
koerhuisje
nice rp line in it ro.
cant wait to start on this :)
altho some towns are connected through a road system already tho but im sure we can do our share aswell.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Hmmm im gonna hold of on giving this the ok, as this would cover a lot of space and as such needs to be regulated closely. Nice build style though.

S

Stevey

I am thinking of setting up an organisation for building roads. People could apply to them to build a road.

S

Stevey

Currently Geo is candidate for being the main guy in terms of organising. But he hasn't been very active lately so I don't know if he is up for it. Roads would be rightly regulated because it thoroughly disrupts the feeling of the world when we build ugly roads. I want the 1.9 map to have different continents so a big main road is not going to be feasible anyway. Mostly it will be roads between towns.

Think realistically, a big ass road system would be very expensive and costly to maintain. Medievel Europe never had established roads, they used crumbled remains of roman roads but that's about it. There were roads between closely connected towns though, but more often in the form of paths.

I'd love to bridges and such.

Dauntless001

Loyal Servant of Altera
I understand you wanting to not have huge motorway like roads everywhere, and I agree roads should definitely be regulated. Will roads like the one Dr.Rayne built and the one I made between Warstrom and Aspendale be acceptable for use between towns?

Also perhaps structures / bridges like 'The Twins' from Game of Thrones may be acceptable over large rivers etc.

(I'll find a pic for this soon)

S

Stevey

Yeah these roads were fine because it was a short distance. It's nicely integrated into the terrain.

wanderin_robin

Admin au Naturale
Crumbling ruins of roads would be great, especially in mountains where adventurers would have to watch their footing, and im glad there wont be any boring edited in straight roads that cut through the landscape, squiggly roads make for more interesting journeys!

S

Stevey

I agree, that's also the reason we can't copy over the current roads :(

Koerhuisje

Moderating the herps & derps
koerhuisje
koerhuisje
aye yes, do u see it in ur mind robin u and me on a dangerous adventure to discover the old roads (building it ofcourse) towards the city of port silver and beyond to look for help rediscovering the roads making a whole team :D thats an RP already right there in the making!