Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Hollows are Open Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
The Hollows is open once more. It has not been reset yet, but we aim to do that in the next week or so.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
I don't know if I'm the only one that shares this idea, but...
Instead of making the hollows a place just for straight line mining, why not generate it the same way as the area in between Port Silver and The Hollows, with big ravines all over the place, and still a lot of places to mine.
Otherwise, we wont be able to hunt for monsters there, only straight forward mining.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
So far, I've loved the way that the initial part of the hollows are made, but as soon as you enter the hollows itself, it's just a little hole in a massive cubic stone block :\

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
Then maybe it's just bad luck...
But still, don't you think it would look great (and probably bring more players there) if that area was generated the same way as the point in between PS and "The Hollows"?

TeddyTeeth

Loyal Servant of Altera
I really like it the way it is, and think it should stay that way, and there really are alot of caves and huuuuuuge ravines plus all the huge lava chambers. :3

Is the lost miner going to come back to us? I miss him. :(

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
Where are you in the wilds? In retrospect I reckon it was a mistake to have the portals in the wilds. They separate people too much. My little secret: I have only ever been through one portal. I chose it first and never explored past that. (I have been through the others on admin duty though)

Spark

Broken
rauyran said:
Where are you in the wilds? In retrospect I reckon it was a mistake to have the portals in the wilds. They separate people too much. My little secret: I have only ever been through one portal. I chose it first and never explored past that. (I have been through the others on admin duty though)
I usually go into the starting camp because once people get through the portals you stand no chance, doesnt help that the PvP line is really far out too :( I remember the days when people actually wanted to fight...

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
I don't know if I'm the only one that shares this idea, but...
Instead of making the hollows a place just for straight line mining, why not generate it the same way as the area in between Port Silver and The Hollows, with big ravines all over the place, and still a lot of places to mine.
Otherwise, we wont be able to hunt for monsters there, only straight forward mining.
Bigger caves are planned.

MIDNIGHT562

Loyal Servant of Altera
Do ones torches now go out in the Hollows? I was mining away for a while and when I turned around all my torches were gone. Nor would any new ones stay put, they vanished shortly after being placed.

On the way back to the Cave of the Hollows, I discovered that someone had filled a large stretch of corridor with new stone. This seemed particularly suspicions, since only a short time had passed.

Brave Rubber Duck

Sally little helper
Evil
BraveRubberDuck
BraveRubberDuck
Evil
Do ones torches now go out in the Hollows? I was mining away for a while and when I turned around all my torches were gone. Nor would any new ones stay put, they vanished shortly after being placed.

On the way back to the Cave of the Hollows, I discovered that someone had filled a large stretch of corridor with new stone. This seemed particularly suspicions, since only a short time had passed.
The hollows... they are haunted!

MIDNIGHT562

Loyal Servant of Altera
Haunted by ghosts that use lava? After I wrote that I stated to evacuate my deep mine. A few minutes after I passes, I returned to find the passage blocked again and this time multiple spots of lava to greeted me when I tried to clear the path.

I can't help but feel someone is trying to arrange an accident.

mistaahh

Lord of Altera

i had the same problem with thentorches, but not with the lava,rau suspected me of z-raying because i found dirt and my torches dissapeard*tries no to laugh* till i tought it was heer that told me they burn up

Status
Not open for further replies.