Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Journal Pages of Naelwyn Talreyn

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
{Please allow me to reserve a number of posts here, I'll let you know when I'm done my current batch posting.}

Naelwyn's Journal: Page 47:

As I've always been told by the masters of the arts, one needs constant training and practise to succeed.

I head out, now, into the long deserts, to find a greater challenge. I need to improve even faster.

I burn with longing for what I once lost.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 48:

For three days now, I have drank naught but the ink of these squids, and eaten naught but this rancid meat, cut with bonemeal.

In the day, the sun is harsh, and I shovel sand from the dunes into these scars on the earth, that I might better myself by my labour.

At night, the moon sets a chill to this plain, and all of the foul denizens of the darkness come forth to fall to my hand.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 49:

I've begun to wear weighted armor, and I fight these creatures now with naught but my bare hands. Even still, this is becoming easier and easier.

I'm developing more resilience, but I need to train my mind, and my soul.

Neither of these things will have their means made clear to me, here.

I need something... more.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 50:

The gods called us here, called me back, for one purpose. To deny the spread of the corruption. I know now, what I can do.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 51:

At last, I have taken my first steps into this nether world. This is a harsh place. The plane is completely alien to me.

But here lies the furthest depths of challenge I might find, and a chance to better myself, and the world.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 52:

I have come across a strange fortress, made of dark stones. A chill radiates from it, unlike the rest of this place. I will investigate further.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 53:

The blasted place is full of these hovering fire daemons!

I have slain them all, and spiked the tower, but I feel utterly exhausted from the effort. All my energy has drained from my body.

I think it is these bricks, that the fortress is made of, that are doing this. They seem to just.. soak in energy. I should test this, somehow.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 54:

The forge in Mirage was a complete success. The bricks, as supports for the forge, seem to soak in the immense heat and send it outwards.
I'm happy, the place would be stifling, otherwise.

But for what purpose are those fortresses built? They seem to have supports diving into the lava.
I can see the energy from the heat rising through them, but their purpose still eludes me.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 55:

I have invited other brave souls to join me in my pursuit to spike these towers. I don't know what, exactly they are doing, but it cannot be good.
I hope what I am doing will delay the inexhorable progress of this 'corruption.' I haven't seen anyone else taking the fight to it.
The increased number of people may draw further attention. I relish the chance to do battle with stronger foes.

Something must be done.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 56:

Today, the daemons opposed us in force. Many died, but the blessings of the gods nonetheless revived them, they having died in their service.
I do not wish to perish, and spend the time recuperating. It is time we do not have. I must not fail.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 57:

The avian fiend seems to be some sort of marshal, or general. It called other demons to itself, and they ceased acting as disorganized brutes in its service.
They got us in the citadel choke-point. The fire-daemon's immolation could not be extinguished by us here, and we nearly lost the day.
I must thank my alchemist forthwith. Thank you, Naelwyn. Gods, that was a good decision and time well spent learning.

More peculiar, however, was the avian's lightning magic.
It was almost identical to that demonstrated by Archmage Keaton.
The flow of energies was almost identical, but instead of focusing and drawing the power out, the fiend seemed to just use words of power, and have the magic erupt, as if the energy was already prepared.

I have my suspicions, and will investigate after we have won the day.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 58:

The avian marshaled forces in Port Silver itself, and though they were pushed back eventually, a few soldiers were taken to the grove.

We are in much more danger when on the defensive. We need to be proactive, in this, to carry the day.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 59:

The battle is over, the fiends, retreated to their nether realm.
And I must return there.
Gods preserve me.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 60:

The trace remains! A faint tinge of the aftermath of lightning pervades the air, and extremely faint traces of magic trail off, to the south.

I must follow them.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 61:

The laughter from the dwarven capital is back. Another emissary of Queen Grief, I must presume.
I know this one. It seemed to have laid low a great city.
I must be cautious.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 62:

Devious blighted fiend! Afore all the daemons, and I was nearly laid low by a simple, obvious face, carved in, and full of lava.

I've recovered my possessions from where they were almost immolated to the last, and shall continue following this trace to the south.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 63:

At last, I come to the end of the trail. A spire-tower, in the middle of a darkstone fortress. It is as I suspected.
This arrangement of bricks seems to be for the purposes of harnessing and directing energy.

I must slay all the avian's fire-daemons here and strike down the tower.

I think if we can destroy them all, we can break some of their power over this place.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 64:

I have sealed and exorcised this one as best I could. The draining effects compounded with the damage I always take when focusing my mind.
I am exhausted, and must retreat.

But this day was not without gain. Another fortress lays sealed and spiked before me.

More importantly, I have a new idea.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 65:

If I can manage to work out the particulars of drawing power from a focus like this, I think I can bypass, or at least reduce, my crippling pain I receive whenever I use myself as the source.

I have located a ley-line, in a plain amidst the ocean. Power flows in here, from the wind, and the waves.

If I can figure out how to harness it...

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Naelwyn's Journal: Page 66:

Yes! The principle is the same, and the spire is working exactly as I expected.

The ritual is completed. I have arraigned my focus at the centre of the converging ley-lines of wind and water.

I feel a connection to it, whenever I am in this part of the world.

At last, I think I can go back and continue learning from my new tutor.
I won't let this chance slip through my fingers again.