Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Inactive The "Mad" Scientist - Celeste Herennia

Vespertine

Lord of Altera
I hate to be that guy who reads other people's character profiles solely to tell people they wrote something wrong, but psychology wasn't a science until 1879 thus falling out of our timeframe.

I do like your character and how the profile is orgnanized so keep it up!
I've based the entire character on the fact that she researches psychology. No one I've rped with/reviewed my profile has noticed a problem with it, could it be possible that she discovers it?
Edit: by discover I more mean 'be the first one that really starts getting involved with it' then when the time comes irp when it was discovered, that she be advanced in it publicly after researching it now?

Last edited:

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I've based the entire character on the fact that she researches psychology. No one I've rped with/reviewed my profile has noticed a problem with it, could it be possible that she discovers it?
Edit: by discover I more mean 'be the first one that really starts getting involved with it' then when the time comes irp when it was discovered, that she be advanced in it publicly after researching it now?
There was a psychologist on the old map in Thiil. Though they were never played, I would go to staff first to see if it's okay before continuing it. Merely because no one has said anything yet doesn't mean it can be lore friendly, but I'm assuming you'll be fine, really.

Vespertine

Lord of Altera
There was a psychologist on the old map in Thiil. Though they were never played, I would go to staff first to see if it's okay before continuing it. Merely because no one has said anything yet doesn't mean it can be lore friendly, but I'm assuming you'll be fine, really.
Okay, thanks!
Which staff member would be best to talk to about this?

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Keeping it simple: It exists- just don't use modern terms or concepts for disorders or cures to them.
Worded answer: Science of psychology has existed since ancient times, 4th century BC even (google!). Your character wouldn't discover it, though she can claim how she likes. It's a concept of studying behavior and the mind that's already here. The restrictions we have is that psychological analysis on other characters shouldn't be using modern terms or concepts. For example: "He has ADHD", etc. Or if someone's acting hyper, edgy and random, people are more inclined to say 'he's crazy'.

Vespertine

Lord of Altera
Keeping it simple: It exists- just don't use modern terms or concepts for disorders or cures to them.
Worded answer: Science of psychology has existed since ancient times, 4th century BC even (google!). Your character wouldn't discover it, though she can claim how she likes. It's a concept of studying behavior and the mind that's already here. The restrictions we have is that psychological analysis on other characters shouldn't be using modern terms or concepts. For example: "He has ADHD", etc. Or if someone's acting hyper, edgy and random, people are more inclined to say 'he's crazy'.
Understood! Thank you for the response, I'll be sure to rp it this way.