Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon The Memoirs of Moriarty Windsor

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
[-=-]
Paint streaks down his face. Three blurred stripes of green, white and green. He stared blankly at the town below him. From the rooftops he could see everything and everyone of note. Yet, this wasn’t enough for him, he needed more. Despite the freedom these rooftops gave him he couldn’t help but feel caged. The town was too small, the people too small minded, even for a halfling such as himself. In the short few weeks that he had made his home here, he had already seen, stole and read all that he could want from such a small location, yet the want of more overcame him still. He needed to find something else, something greater than that he could achieve here. He needed a new hunting ground.
Thunder cracks.
A high pitched chuckle emits from his mouth, it seemed the Gods agreed with him there, this place was far too wet for his liking anyway. He stood, the rain plastering his woolen shirt to his small frame, with a grim smile and a simple step, he was gone. The only evidence of his presence being a small coin with a rampant lion and the word Windsor imprinted.

[-=-]

A study in Grey
By Barton Higgs

To see him in the flesh was, at first, very peculiar. It seemed he had barely reached three foot tall, yet the manner of which he held himself was extraordinary, it were as though inside this exterior shell of a Halfling body, a giant was in control. He seemed to look down upon those he could barely see the noses of, he would think of himself superior. This, for me, was a very strange feeling as being of a tall stature I could hardly look at Mr.Windsor without feeling as though he constantly judged my every move.
If I were to itch my nose, he'd probably snort derisively.
To begin the story of which the title so vaguely depicts, I should probably describe my first meeting with Mr.Windsor and how I came to be his biographer.
It was a Townsday morning and the cobbled streets of Tambry were covered in a low mist. I had been passing by the Marketplace when I first laid my eyes on him, at first I took no notice. After all, he was only a halfling making his way in the world, pulling his belongings from a cart case by case. Yet, after a few steps I felt compelled, by naught more than my exceeding curiosity, to turn back to the Halfling and strangely I saw no one, even the cart he had arrived on was gone. Sure that my mind was playing me for a fool, I made my way back over to the Stables and searched for the little man. With each step closer to the Stables, I doubted myself more and more. Nobody can just disappear I probably didn’t see anything as it is. I reached the point where I saw him and turned a full circle. He was nowhere to be found. Not a footprint, hoofprint or cart track in sight nothing at all. Nothing except a small coin of gold no more than an Inch in diameter. Naturally, one bent down to pick up this strange coin, yet upon close inspection realisation struck. This was no ordinary Radiant or Tambry Gold Piece, it was. . .Faceless. I stared at this coin for what seemed to be an age, entranced by the gleaming finish.

[I am working on this in a Google Doc, will update as things go on. 1/5]

Last edited: