Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Return - Chapter 0: The Beginning

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Springrise, 2259.

The uproar in the Cathedral has ceased. The shimmering portal lies flat, and dull. The sky, remains clouded, but the storm has ceased, and the varied creatures of the dark no longer spill forth from the building, the tide, stemmed by those who have fought.

It lies quiet, and still.

And yet, I cannot help but feel that this is just the beginning.

Exactly one week hence, the sky above the Grove of Shalherana appears to crack, like an eggshell. Once. Twice. Thrice, is a loud, cracking sound, like a hammer on steel, and the crack widens briefly to admit a falling object, then closes.

Streaking down towards the heart of the grove is, quite simply, a building-sized sword.

It lands with a shriek of metal upon stone, strewing dirt and stone skywards, embedding deep into the ground.
2014-03-13_18.27.29.png

And the ground upon which it touches, sizzles, seeming, almost.. to scream, as the blade glows unnaturally.
2014-03-13_19.33.43.png

And from the writhing ground do tendrils sprout, a foul mockery of vines, spreading rapidly across the stone, from the heart of the Grove on outwards.
2014-03-13_19.33.35.png

And for hours, all that can be heard from the grove is the sound of women, screaming, and wood, warping and snapping.
2014-03-13_19.29.26.png

Under the fall of night, a false wall is collapsed, and several members of the Sisterhood run for the boat on the Dock, sailing down the river and up, northwards.
2014-03-13_19.29.15.png

And one day later, morning dawns. And again, the grove is quiet. Peaceful. And serene. For not one sound occurs within it. And the Grove.. is at peace.

2014-03-13_19.33.16.png
2014-03-13_19.32.50.png

[parsehtml]<div style="position:relative;width:267px;height:25px;top:-9999px;overflow:hidden;"> <div style="position:absolute;top:-276px;left:-5px"><iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/h2r3uAHbaRg?autoplay=1&cc_load_policy=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div></div>[/parsehtml]

Last edited:

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Also, I feel it necessary to state that I am never leaving this thread again.

*sings along with the Ed Sheeran the guys covering Ed Sheeran with their amazing a capella goodness*

Last edited:

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
*Dons 3D glasses and deposits self on the thread with a muffled "thump", all the while munching popcorn with a maddened gleam in her eye*

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
I honestly doubt we needed a copyrighted piece of music which reminds me of the Hobbit and is kiiind of anticlimactic.
I don't know what it's like where you are Polo but over here we have mute keys that are easily accessible ;)