Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Return - Chapter 0: The Beginning

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
er... you guys okay?

I had a different song for this thread, but "I See Fire" was a personal request of one of the event coordinators. I really hope a tune isn't that bothersome :)

Michcat

If you're determined not to enjoy something, you're not going to enjoy it. I wish there was something I could do about that, but I unfortunately can only do so much.

Kindly cease debating the song. I'm going to delete any more posts on the subject.

Edit: Again, I'm sorry your personal preferences clash with a very well thought-out event, but I have never seen simple music as any sort of a problem and the overall reaction has been with good reception. However - I must stress - Any more posts on the music will be deleted.

Good day to you.

Michcat

Silly posts have been cleaned up.
This thread is a discussion for an event, NOT music. I've planned to include music in following threads for this campaign, and if it is that disturbing to a person they need to turn their speakers down. Furthermore, the original problem appeared to be "that the song was on youtube and is copyrighted why are we using it", evolving into "well I don't like listening to inturrupting music for two minutes!". Analyzing the content that was there, I have concluded that the folk here are complaining for the sake of complaining. You are more then welcome to personally contact me if you have polite criticism or an issue of note.

I've taken the song down, for now. Depending on feedback received personally, it may or may not return.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Can't believe people didn't want to deal with music designed to help get people into the mood of the thread to the extent it took up an entire page, and now it's been removed.

It's quite honestly extremely disheartening and makes it much harder for me to feel enthusiastic about writing things for you when you literally nitpick the musical accompaniment.

It's one thing to dislike the music. I'm not going to fault people for that or force preferences. It's another to argue about it enough that it gets removed and nobody can enjoy it.

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
Can't believe people didn't want to deal with music designed to help get people into the mood of the thread to the extent it took up an entire page, and now it's been removed.

It's quite honestly extremely disheartening and makes it much harder for me to feel enthusiastic about writing things for you when you literally nitpick the musical accompaniment.
Honestly, that's where part of the chills came from for me, and don't feel disheartened, it is in the end the quality of the writing which I haven't seen any comment nitpick

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Honestly, that's where part of the chills came from for me, and don't feel disheartened, it is in the end the quality of the writing which I haven't seen any comment nitpick
Contributing to the writing, was, in fact, the entire point. And, y'know what, I don't want to deny that experience to anyone else reading it the first time because of one person putting it down, so it's going back in.

If the music does /not/ work for you, mute your speakers for the four minutes it lasts, and please let everyone else enjoy how it sets the mood.

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
Contributing to the writing, was, in fact, the entire point. And, y'know what, I don't want to deny that experience to anyone else reading it the first time because of one person putting it down, so it's going back in.

If the music does /not/ work for you, mute your speakers for the four minutes it lasts, and please let everyone else enjoy how it sets the mood.
Thank you~

Taylorwailer

Lord of Altera
Well this very well explains what I had awoken in.... Minus the gigantic sword. o.o *Remembers feeling disturbed while looking at the giant demonic tendrils and how she had left the temple in a hurry.*

Killmate50

Loyal Servant of Altera
You could make a book or short story out of this. I would buy a copy if you do! Sounds like an amazing idea for a fantasy novel and a show... Can I make a short animation about Altera? Wanted to ask before i do.

Mad Hatter

All is as it should be.
When I first encountered the tendrils in the grove I was discomforted. I have never encountered such an unusual and unnerving growth outside of my dream state. What sort of entity would bear such a weapon? Is it a sign, if so what does it mean? Is it a warning, if so what devastation does it's arrival portend? I left the grove that day with a heavy heart and dark thoughts brewing in my mind.

Killmate50

Loyal Servant of Altera
When I first encountered the tendrils in the grove I was discomforted. I have never encountered such an unusual and unnerving growth outside of my dream state. What sort of entity would bear such a weapon? Is it a sign, if so what does it mean? Is it a warning, if so what devastation does it's arrival portend? I left the grove that day with a heavy heart and dark thoughts brewing in my mind.
I know what you mean. But my dreams are much more.... unreal. Try having a Story Dream... Meaning your dream tells a continuous story that continues night after night ... I had one that I was thrown into a Alternate Reality of Middle Earth but more like Skyrim. and one that I was a sacrificial being but I could not die in any way for I had the Skull of the Damned embedded in my hand so every time I would bleed it would come to life and close the wound and return the blood to the wound hence sealing it. Woke up from an immature part(That I will not discuss for obvious reasons) because II hit the wall opposite from my bed... :D yeah it happens when i dream like this, but I've gotten used to it.