Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Road (Yes, based off the film) *contains strong themes!

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Just want to let everyone know that I have not abandoned the project, I'm currently just getting back into uni, so this is on hold for the moment.
But anyway, what do you guys think of the plot and the characters so far?

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Are people still interested in this? Please let me know, just want to know if it's worth writing.

kaza125

Lord of Altera
UPDATE: Episode 1 2 and 3 have been updated, I would recommend re-reading them as there are some changes which arre crucial to the plot :)
Episode four, titled "Brothers and Friends" is being worked on, will be doen by the end of the week :)

kaza125

Lord of Altera
Episode 4-Brothers and Friends

Scene 1

Marcus and Daniel sitting opposite each in the interrogation room. The two continue to converse, learning more about each other.

Daniel:”So the kid struck a nerve in you… She called bullshit about your daughter”

Marcus clenches his jaw at that. It was difficult for him, he told Becky about what happened, and he wouldn’t dare to tell anyone else. Daniel shrugged his shoulders, taking a look at Marcus.

Daniel:”You hungry? Of course you are, want some bread? Homemade as well”

Marcus raised a brow at that.

Marcus:”How? Nothing grows anymore.”

Daniel:”Inside farming, or whatever it’s called. With our generator we have lighting which makes our crops grow”

Marcus:”Crops? Generator?” Marcus put a hand to his face, taking it in. Thinking about how it was all possible.

Daniel:”You’re impressed?” He said, stirring in his seat, all smug.

Marcus:”I’m impressed you still have it. I mean I didn’t catch a look from the outside, with the bag on my face, but I know where we are. It’s a school”

Daniel:”What gave it away?” Daniel was intrigued by that, enjoying the subtle conversation.

Marcus:”I know what school chairs and desks look like, I bet there’s some gum stuck under them too”

Daniel nodded, liking what he heard, looking to the door where through the window, the guard with the scar on his eye was watching. He nodded again, and the guard came in, holding a baked piece of bread.

He placed on the table, in front of Marcus’s hands, but taking a sharp look at Marcus before giving it to him and leaving again.

Marcus:”What’s his deal?” He said ripping the loaf into two.

Daniel:”He has his reasons”

Marcus:”The fuck did I do? I’m the one who got captured here, and you still-“

Daniel:”Marcus, please. I’m still not convinced about you. Like I said, you could be one of them trying to get into our mix and find out, what is what”

Marcus:”Who are they? And what did they do to piss you guys off?”

Daniel:”Just carry on, tell me how you met those two asswipes”

Marcus continued taking snaps of the loaf, thinking back to a few days ago.

Scene 2

The morning after where Becky discovered Marcus had a daughter.

Why did I do that? She thought nervously as she woke, biting her lip. I shouldn’t have talked about his daughter…

But what happened, happened, she was ready to face the consequences. She yawned, and sat herself up, looking out the window in the lounge of the house they were still in, and then to Marcus. But he wasn’t there. He was gone, as well as his belongings, but he had left five cans behind, mince and tomatoes.

Shit…She started to panic, of course it would piss him off. She had to make things right, she had to find him. Becky rushed to things, strapped on her rucksack and headed out, he couldn’t have gone far.

She pushed open the front door and starting looking for a track to follow, lucky for her, it looked like Marcus walked through some mud. Down the street, leading out to the main road, Becky could spot mudded prints, which grew fainter and fainter.

She started jogging, despite the heavy weight which she had on her. The two revolvers, the bigger one with two bullets and the smaller one with five. She had the bigger one in her sack, but the smaller one under her jacket behind her. She came to the main road, seeing that the prints had almost faded away. But the road was going only one way, and the map she had from her Dad marked that this road led to a highway.

Scene 3

Marcus is at the end of the highway, approaching a beaten down gas station. A car is sitting outside of it, looking like it could work.

Let’s see what we got. He thought, stepping closer to the building, where a dried grass hill stood behind it. He looked at the car briefly, but didn’t give much thought to it, not many cars were working now, and it had been so long that a lot of them were rusted and broken.

He pushed opened the doors and what he saw didn’t surprise him. Looted to the brim, empty. But he didn’t give up hope, there might some supplies in here where someone didn’t look. He went into the back, into a tiny staffroom. A dusted single chair was up against the left side of the wall, an empty picture frame laid on the floor with shards of glass surrounding it. There were brown coated shelves and cupboards, he quickly searched through them to see what he would find, but knowing full well what he wouldn’t fine.

After a good search, ten minutes of his time he only found a petrol canister. He went back outside to search the car.

It was a BMW, but not a nice looking one, but better than any other abandoned car he saw. He started to search around inside, looking under the seats, but he noticed something when he was in the back looking on the floor. A set of keys. He reached his hand out under the chair, just barely reaching it. He picked up the set and immediately went to try them out.

There was no gas, but the car was working well, then he remembered the fuel he found out back.

As he started to walk to the side of the gas station to pick up the can a voice called out to him.

Becky:”Marcus!” He shouted.

Fuck… I didn’t want her to follow me. He thought as he stopped in his tracks, but not turning to face her.

Becky:”I’m sorry ok, I shouldn’t have talked about her”. She said, approaching him slowly.

Marcus knew that wasn’t why he left, sure it made him unconformable, but he knew why he went.

Becky:”Please I can’t do this, not by myself” She was behind him now.

He turned his head to the side, then looked back at her.

Marcus:”No you can make it by yourself, you just don’t know it yet” He said to reassure her.

Becky:”I’ve just lost my Dad, I’ve got no friends… Marcus you’re the only person I know that I can trust… Please”

He thought for a moment. He killed her Dad, but giving up on this girl that needed him, could he do that?

Scene 4

The two had decided to stay in the gas station for that night. They searched and looted around the area, but didn’t find much. Near to nothing, so they set up camp in the station, lighting a small fire inside the building to keep them warm.

Marcus rested his head back on a cotton lined pillow pushed up against the shelf. He kept stirring in his position, trying to get comfortable but he had trouble doing so. Becky was sitting opposite the fire, tending it now and then and reading her book. He smiled. She reminding him of his students… And his daughter.

Marcus:”It happened in a place like this…” He abruptly stated. Becky raised an eye from her book, looking at him then proceeding to place the book down to her side.

Becky:”Your daughter?”

Even hearing the word daughter sent a shiver through him.

Marcus:”Hmm” He said clenching his jaw.

Becky bit her lip before speaking, contemplating her words.

Becky:”How?”

Marcus reached out for his bottled water. Still warm from the sanitation of it. He screwed the cap open and took a gulp of the drink.

Marcus:”We were always looking for food you know? That’s what it always came down to. Scraps and crumbs, anything we could find” He sat the bottle to side. “Then one day we spotted a gas station. We didn’t think much of it, thought we’d give it a try and see what we’d find” He let out a small chuckle. “Lauren found a chocolate bar and ate the whole thing in two bites” His smile started to fade. “It was night, we had a fire going and someone spotted us. This man and his little girl… I still remember her name. Max’… They wanted to take from us. She didn’t want to, her dad was making her so she could ‘grow up’, and learn what you had to do…”

Becky listen intently, near expecting what he would begin to say.

Marcus:”And so, we pleaded, we cried to keep our things, but he didn’t wanna hear a word. But we persuaded Max, which made her Dad turn sour. He got real quiet… Then he-… pushed a gun into her hands and said ‘You, are gunna shoot this man, and take his things’... I’ve never seen someone so scared before. She was shaking, she didn’t want to pull the trigger, then her Dad shouted ‘Do it’, slapping her on the side of her arm… But when he slapped her, it forced her aim somewhere else, and she fired… And Lauren-“

He paused, he knew what he wanted to say but the words were trapped inside him.

Marcus:”That was the last time I saw her” He said softly, then reaching for his warm water.

Becky was going to say she was sorry, but she had felt she had said that word enough. She felt his pain.

Becky:”What happened to them? Max and her Dad?”

He finished his sip, wiping the drips of water from his bushed beard.

Marcus:”I killed him…. Hmm. I told the girl to run, because I knew it weren’t her fault, but I couldn’t bear to see her face anymore”

Becky:”You think she’s still out there?”

He shook his head.

Marcus:”Probably died a few days after, starvation, cannibals, bandits, all the means things in the world”

Becky:”I don’t know what I would’ve done to the man who shot my Dad if he was standing right here” She also took a sip of her water, it was like they were two buddies sharing whiskey and sad tales.

Marcus pursed his lip.

Marcus:”Well you won’t have to know, you’re lucky you haven’t had to kill anyone so far”

Becky:”Do you think I will?” She said softly, fearing the truth to her question.

His silence and the way he looked at her gave her an answer. She took another sip.

Marcus:”That’s why tomorrow I’ll teach you how to shoot”

Becky:”Yeah?” She seemed half excited by the concept.

Marcus:”Well you found that gun, might as well put it to some use. Early in morning, we’ll do some target practice to get you ready for the big world”

She rose a slight smile, she was glad she was finally going go to learn, but she didn’t like what it might lead to.

Scene 5

Becky was already up, she was excited for once so she got up early to be ready. Marcus was still asleep but awoken to a sound.

Thmp. The cutting knife sliced through the mince making contact with the metal sheet. She lifted up the knife and did it several more times, plunging the knife through the mince, carving it up to be cooked.

Marcus stirred and sat up, looking tiredly towards Becky.

Marcus:”I was sleeping…”

Becky:”I was chopping” She said childishly.

After the two had a filling breakfast they were out the back of the gas station. On top of the dumpster Marcus lined up some small cardboard boxes he found back in the store. Six to be exact, one more than the ammo Becky had in her small revolver. Marcus and Becky were standing several feet away from the homemade shooting range, and Marcus was prepping her.

Marcus:”I’m not an expert, but there are a few things I’ve picked up over the past two years” Marcus showcased Becky the gun, going into detail.

Marcus:”The safety, right at the side here, when you’re not aiming at someone you keep it on, otherwise you might trip and shooting yourself in the foot” He gave the gun to her, then crouching down behind her to help her with her positioning and aim.

Marcus:”Now you wanna keep your shoulders up a bit, not to tense, or the kick might knock you down a bit” Becky shrugged, doing what he said.

Marcus:”Good, now pull back this at the back, called a hammer. Let’s ya fire the damn fire”

She clicked it back.

Becky:”Got it.” She said, sounding so pleased with herself.

Marcus:”Now, take a deep breath and look for which one of these suckers you’re shooting. And you when fire, breath out”

Becky:”Ok…” He eyed each of her targets, sure they were boxes but it still seemed quite menacing and real to her. She pointed at second box to the left along the top of dumpster, taking a deep breath for a second, she fired, letting go a bullet and her breath.

She aimed too high and hit one of the bricks on the wall just above the box.

Becky:”Shit” She moaned, lowering the gun.

Marcus:”No, that weren’t bad for a first try, you got four more, trying shooting it again, this time keep your shoulders steady. Focus ok?”

She sighed, hoping this time she would hit it. Becky raised the revolver up once more, applying Marcus’s words of wisdom. Aiming for the same box, shoulders steady, deep breath…. She fired. And was victorious, sending a bullet straight through the box and dented a brick in the wall.

Becky:”I AM A TOTAL BADASS!” She screamed raising her gun.

Marcus ducked down with the gun waving in the air.

Marcus:”Watch where you’re pointing that!” He said with his hands over his head.

She put the safety back on.

Becky:”Oh yeah, sorry”

Marcus stood up again, swiping the dust of his trousers.

Marcus:”But yeah nice shot, but remember, these are boxes. And boxes don’t like to eat human flesh, so let’s try again partner”

Becky:”You really know how to motivate your students don’t you?”

He patted her on the back of the shoulder, a bit too hard as she stumbled a bit, but chuckling a bit.

Then a sound came from out the front of the station, a car door being opened.

Becky:”Shit, lets go inside!” She whispered.

The two shuffled their way through the back of store, ending up behind the counter. They were hidden beneath it, Marcus raised his head to see what was going on. He saw a young, clean shaven white man, clean clothes, and slicked hair looking at the curse. The man cursed.

Man:”Where are the god-damn keys?”

He looked harmless Marcus thought. He had the keys in his pocket, and the fuel was in the staff room where he put it.

Becky:”What’d we do?” He looked at him.

Marcus clenched his jaw, unsure of the situation. He waited a moment to see what he was doing, but he was just standing there still cursing. Marcus didn’t but the act. He picked up his rifle and went up to the left side of the front door.

Marcus:”Becky! Go out back, stick yourself to the left wall and cover me. I’m not sure if he’s alone”

She nodded and pulled out her revolver, three bullets left.

Once she was outside, Marcus waited a few more moments before making his move.

When the moment passed, Marcus turned around the corner of the wall and drew his rifle.

Marcus:”Get on your knees now!” He ordered, not taking any passes.

The man jumped, shocked, he immediately went to his knees in a flash.

Man:”Please! Don’t shoot! I jus-“

Marcus:”Shut your god damn mouth!” He said approaching, rifle aiming to his head. Marcus stepped closer and closer outside. He came a few feet near him.

Man:”Don’t shoot, please… I’m just trying to get back home!”

Home? A place? He thought, near changing his judgement.

Marcus:”Where are the others? This is a trap you shit, where are they?!”

Man:”I’m by myself I swear!” The man said, his head to the floor, pleading.

Marcus:”You’re a damn cannibal aren’t you?! A working car, keys happen to in there. You just wait for the right time you son of a bitch” He said kicking him in the side.

Man:”If this is the right time, you would have been taken out right?!”

He did make a point there, Marcus supposed.

Man:”This is my car. Me and brother, were attacked just a few nights ago, we had to abandon it and we split up ok?!”

Marcus still had the gun pointed straight to him, but he started to doubt himself.

Man:”I was hoping to find him, we both said we’d meet up here during the gunfire. I swear” The man looked up to Marcus, he had warm brown eyes and an innocent face.

Marcus:”Your name?” He blunted out.

Man:”Timothy, or Timmy, or Tim, Tim preferably.” He said smiling.

Marcus:”Becky! Get the fuel”

The man looked surprised.

Tim:”So you’re not alone then?”

Marcus lowered his rifle, but still questioned the man.

Marcus:”Two questions” He said, bringing out the keys for the car.

Marcus:”What, and where is this ‘home’ of yours?”

Tim:”It’s a community, a big group of us at a fire station, about twenty of us. You can come if you help me find my brother”

Marcus:”What kind of people are there?” He said, more focused on his questions.

Tim:”Urr, we got all kinds of people I guess. Men, women children, whole families”

Marcus:”Did you let any women join in the last few months?” Becky came out of the store, holding the fuel canister.

Tim:”Yeah I think, we’ve gotten a few people so it’s hard to remember now”

Marcus looked back at Becky. Thinking there might be some hope for finding her mother.

Marcus:”Let’s fuel it up. We’re finding his brother”

Scene 6

The scene returns to Daniel and Marcus. Daniel is leaning back in his chair laughing.

Daniel:”Yup, definitely a trap.”

Marcus:”Yeah I know that now.”

Daniel:”It’s understandable, I don’t blame you. But now at least I know”

Marcus:”Know what.” He said bluntly, getting tired of it.

Daniel:”That your with us”

Marcus:”What makes you think that?”

Daniel remained quiet, Marcus was unsure why.

Daniel:”My man out by the door, he was scouting for their ‘home’ with a few other men, they had a car as well. They were close to you, they heard your girl doing target practice. By the time they had spotted you, you drove away, but they followed, kept their distance”

Marcus:”They were the ones who attacked us then? An hour or so after we found Tims brother?”

He nodded.

Daniel:”Correct”

Marcus:”So if you captured me… You captured Becky as well?”

Daniel:”You don’t remember do you?”

Scene 7

Marcus driving, Becky in the front seat, and two brothers in the back. Tim behind Marcus and the recently picked up brother John.

Marcus:”So how far till we reach this place?”

John:”Ten miles give or take”

Becky:”What were you doing this far out anyway?” She said, looking back at the two.

Tim:”Looking for new people, supplies as well. Everything was drying out in our area, so we have to keep going further out.”

Becky:”How have you guys kept going for so long?”

John:”We got lucky. We found a couple trucks full of food, they’ve kept us going, but we still need to find more”

Marcus wiped his brow, looking at the road. They were driving through a country main road, passing dead fields, trees fallen from the earth, scorched and lifeless. The day was nearing the beginning of the afternoon, they would hopefully make it to the home just in time before night would fall.

Becky kept her focus on the two, while Marcus seemed more accepting of the two, something rubbed her wrong about the couple. Nicely dressed, clean and washed up, the keys and the car there for the taking. Sure things like that happen, but not a situation like this. She kept looking at the rear mirror, an eye switching both of them. She saw them exchanging a few looks, not sure of what to make of them.

Eventually after a few minutes Tim asked them to pull over.

Tim:”Holy shit, John its Andy”

Marcus rubbed the back of his head as he pulled the car to a slow stop.

A stocky tall man was walking on the side of road, trekking it looked like.

Becky:”What’s he doing here?”

Tim opened the door, along with Marcus and John to greet him.

Marcus:”You stay in the car Becks.” Marcus left the keys in and the car running.

He had a deep toned voice.

Andy:”You two have been out for a while you know that?” He went to go shake their hands, and then to Marcus as well.

Andy:”Guess you found those idiots?” He seemed just as polite as the other two. Andy was standing in front of Marcus and the two brothers were behind him.

Marcus remained quiet, something didn’t feel right. He didn’t notice at first but Andy was holding something behind his back.

Marcus was going to ask, but he heard a sound, and so did everyone else.

A car was approaching in the distance, coming up real fast.

Marcus:”Beck-“He felt a thundering smack against the front of his head, it felt like metal. He fell to the floor, near unconscious, the whole world was spinning around him. He saw a figure over him ready to strike again, a child’s voice screaming, and a car coming closer and then the sudden burst of gun fire. The figure disappeared, the child’s voice quickly faded away and Marcus fell away.

Scene 7

The scene opens with Becky. Her mouth is gagged and she has been blind folded. She could tell she was in a car truck. She felt the car slowly coming to a stop.

Andy:”Time to move little girl” The deepened voice said from the outside.

She struggled and stirred as the truck came open. She was crowed out, being forced along by the man. He ripped off the blindfold, revealing her sight to see a red bricked building, with towers and red fire trucks.

Andy:”Welcome to home” His voice was sinister, he pushed her along, viciously smiling along the way.

Her hands were shaking, she was by herself, and herself alone entering a place she didn’t know.

The doors were opened as Andy brought her inside, a long hallway, with several doors on either side. She was pushed along, still gagged she tried to shout, but he didn’t care. Several men passed, grubby and nasty looking, exchanging looks of unkindly natures towards her. She was truly terrified.

Andy:”You’re gunna join the others” They came to the end door on the left in the hallway. There was a long window, with cracks from the inside. Her vison was still a bit off, but she could see other people inside, women. The door was opened, and she was forced to the ground. The door slammed and locked behind her. She looked back at the door, not knowing what in earth was going on.

Becky turned to the women. Ten it looked like, all rather skinny, bruised and scared. She took off the gag, but didn’t know what to say, but then one of the women in the corner looked up at her. She started to cry, but Becky did not know why. The woman was skinny, brown haired like her mother, blue eyes like-…

Becky:”Mom?”

Lilly:”Becky!” She said, with tears falling pass her cheeks. She was on her knees, holding a hand over her mouth.

Becky ran over to her mother, embracing her, squeezing every bit of life and love out of her that she could.

Some of the other women were smiling others were in shock.

Becky:”I can’t believe I found you, I knew I would!”

Lilly:”Becky, you have to listen to me… This isn’t a safe place”

Becky:”I can tell”. She said wiping her tears of joy away. “Why are you all locked up in here?”

Lilly:”They’re… They’re monsters”