Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Southern Wilds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
NinjaTangerine said:
Well, just switch roads, or don't use the roads at all :) However I was hoping the bandits would offer tolls... :(
Both me and sparky were killed, both not having any items that would drop on death, but still chased for around 500 blocks

Styles828

Lord of Altera
Same thing here with the bandits. Paid the toll, then I was later killed while mining by a diamond everything, Who then tried to sell me back my diamond pick at a ridiculous price, and told me to pay the toll again.

If I'm going to die anyways... Why would I ever pay the toll.

I spent hours building for them, then they killed me and took my stuff. Thugs. Completely ruined the RP for me. Didn't want to even play on the server anymore

The fun of the SW and bandits, etc, is the fantastic possibility of roleplay, but when you're slaughtered after paying tolls and lose expensive tools it took many hours to procure.... It's ruined.

Two solutions I can think of is punishing bandits who break their own rules, or more effectively, Death Control is toned down a bit. A tool it took me 5 hours to make ruins the game when it is taken and he tries to sell it back.... Even though I paid the toll.

I think the worst thing you can do on a server is ruin the RP experience, and that definitely did it. I have a wife and kids, a whole lot of work, etc. Losing a few things isn't 'tough luck' or 'that's the SW', it's a gamebreaker.

Machy234

Lord of Altera
Same thing here with the bandits. Paid the toll, then I was later killed while mining by a diamond everything, Who then tried to sell me back my diamond pick at a ridiculous price, and told me to pay the toll again.

I spent hours building for them, then they killed me and took my stuff. Thugs. Completely ruined the RP for me. Didn't want to even play on the server anymore

The fun of the SW and bandits, etc, is the fantastic possibility of roleplay, but when you're slaughtered after paying tolls and lose expensive tools it took many hours to procure.... It's ruined.

Two solutions I can think of is punishing bandits who break their own rules, or more effectively, Death Control is toned down a bit. A tool it took me 5 hours to make ruins the game when it is taken and he tries to sell it back.... Even though I paid the toll.

I think the worst thing you can do on a server is ruin the RP experience, and that definitely did it. I have a wife and kids, a whole lot of work, etc. Losing a few things isn't 'tough luck' or 'that's the SW', it's a gamebreaker.
The Wilds will allways have bandits, and bandits will allways attack people. End Of.
If you don't like this then go to the Frontier, or get a gang to go take them on.
I havn't been attacked by a single bandit in the Wilds yet, and I just walk along the roads in the sight of anyone willing to look.
The trick is to not bring anything you don't want to lose, you only get payed for mining stone so you can use stone picks easily, and not even a noob would cry if they lost their stone pick.

Alternatively wait till 1.4 when you can get a potion that makes you (and your name tag) invisible.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera

also, soon bandits won't be the only organisation present in the Wilds. The Misunderstood (machy here is a high ranked member), a group that fights the greedy and corrupt, (so especially bandits) will have their base in the southern Wilds. The Golden Crusade, an holy army that fights evil (im the Grand Master) will also maybe build a castle in the SWs to protect the innocent. but right now, its better to just be careful.

Machy234

Lord of Altera
also, soon bandits won't be the only organisation present in the Wilds. The Misunderstood (machy here is a high ranked member), a group that fights the greedy and corrupt, (so especially bandits) will have their base in the southern Wilds. The Golden Crusade, an holy army that fights evil (im the Grand Master) will also maybe build a castle in the SWs to protect the innocent. but right now, its better to just be careful.
We allready have a base here, but we're not fully prepared as of yet. Soon we will be punishing these bandits but not yet.

C

Cubey

SW is hardcore. Go to EF for peaceful mining.

If you want money, try protect yourself from bandits!

Miyham

I think I might like it here
The best part of the sw is the bandits. It's fun to mess with them by running from one end of the wall to the other, and let them chase you. Then turn around and poison them. Every one should try it!

Lemon

Loyal Servant of Altera
Miyham said:
The best part of the sw is the bandits. It's fun to mess with them by running from one end of the wall to the other, and let them chase you. Then turn around and poison them. Every one should try it!
... Do not try this...

Spark

Broken
I dont see the problem with bandits, if deadpress isnt there, get a group of people, get full enchanted diamond and watch them flee! :3

If deadpress is there....I suggest you run full speed in the opposite direction.

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
Another helpful tip ~
Don't log out in the middle of a bandit fortress.
It's a bad idea. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.