Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Tales of Redwall

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
"In our imaginations we can go anywhere. Travel with me to Redwall Abbey in Mossflower country."
-Brian Jacques (1939-2011)

I've made this thread before, in the Off Topic section and I figure this is the best place for it. So, what's your favorite character, book, etc? Feel free to discuss. Personally, my favorite character is Lord Brocktree (I have an odd obsession with Badger characters) and my favorite book is Outcast of Redwall.

For all those who aren't aware of what I'm talking about, Redwall, by Brian Jacques, is a series of fantasy novels. I would say where it is based in, but it differs book by book. Also, the Redwall series doesn't have a given set of characters because of the time gaps between books. Some books could be spaced by decades, in which the characters you knew would have passed away.

Books (chronological order):
Lord Brocktree
Martin The Warrior
Mossflower
The Legend of Luke
Outcast of Redwall
Mariel of Redwall
The Bellmaker
Salamandastron
Redwall
Mattimeo
The Pearls of Lutra
The Long Patrol
Marlfox
The Taggerung
Triss
Loamhedge
Rakkety Tam
High Rhulain
Eulalia
Doomwhyte
The Sable Queen
Rogue Crew (the last official book in the series)

On a final note, rest in peace Brian Jacques.

dacoutts

Lord of Altera
I tried reading the first one of these ages ago when I was 10 or something..

I didn't make it halfway xD

But I definitely do want to read them ;-;

Lord_Sinclair

Lord of Altera
Wow; it's been ages since I read these. I'm sorry to say I can't really recall much about them, except that they were really good.

JDMcNugget

Lord of Altera
To you all, I'd highly recommend giving any one of them a read. Right now, I'm about halfway through The Taggerung. I remember back in the days struggling to read them due to the overwhelming amount of Old English accents the characters had. Those were the days.

fhamersley

Lord of Altera
I read these books because they give me an overwhelming sense of comfort and escape - absolutely love the series. It doesn't matter how old you are, Redwall can be for everyone (⌒-⌒ )

Estes241

The Talking Pizza
Retired Staff
I was not aware he died... I did enjoy his books quite a bit, although I read them quite awhile ago. I believe I only have the last 3 that I would need to read. Personally, I thought the otters were the best, and Taggerung was probably my favorite.