Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Tambry Library (Temporarily Closed)

*Defend Knowledge with all Your Might*
Tambry Library
The Library in Tambry, one of the largest and most grand in Altera, features two spacious floors filled with bookshelves and books for you to peruse at your leisure. Having only just been established, the Library already features nearly 100 books from across the eras and lands, including some found nowhere else. The Tambry Library will become the centerpiece for a bustling University located in Tambry to be constructed soon, and will then become a bastion of education like no other. The building itself is directly south of the Capitol building on the promenade.

The Books
Tambry's ever-growing collection of books, letters, poetry, and documents covering subjects as wide-ranging as the everyday job of librarians to the initiation process of joining Houses long past to the laments of a weary and lonely bandit. The Library is just waiting for you to discover what secrets it holds on its shelves.

Call For New Material
The Tambry Library has plenty of room for more books of any kind, and best of all, its purveyors pay emeralds on the spot for written books of all kinds. Should you feel the desire, you can also donate your materials to the Library in the interests of preserving the culture of the Northern Kingdoms. Finally, we are in search of writers and will sponsor the creation of new works as a way to fund those light of purse but talented with pen.

Hiring Librarians and Writers
House Stirling wishes to hire one or two qualified librarians to run the library (ICly and OOCly). It shall be your task to organize and categorize the books, acquire new books, help patrons conduct research, hold seminars, and know the library inside and out. It would help if the librarian(s) also write, for we also look for authors.

Other Services
Although it doesn't now, the Tambry Library will soon buy and sell enchanted books, bookshelves, books and quill, books, paper, et cetera. If you are in need of an enchanted book, the Tambry Library will be the place to go!

Call For Sponsor
Tambry is seeking a wise and cultured individual or group willing to sponsor the library. The Library will be renamed in the patron's honor and the patron will receive a private tower and honorary office. Seek out Morgan Cerendor to inquire. Funds from the sponsorship will be used to purvey and preserve materials and sponsor the creation of new materials.

OOC Stuff
Rules:
No materials in the Tambry library may be copied without Antilogy's express permission.
No original books may be removed from the library; approved copies may be removed with Antilogy's express permission.
All books must be returned.
Please, no food, drink, loud talking, gum chewing, excessive sneezing or coughing, or other annoying but inevitable acts in the library.
No smoking in or within 50 paces of the library.

Portions of the format were borrowed from: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-grand-library.32091/ If you can't find a book in the Tambry Library, you should check here, too. It's but a few paces away and they don't bite (often)!

Special thanks to:
@oounstopabl3oo
@Silversurfer105
@DarkWolf
@BrianAT16
@Rosary_Omen
@Faelin
@Soccernut13

Last edited by a moderator:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
I could help OOCly manage and keep tabs on the books from time to time if you want.
Also I can provide books from time to time as I collect and write some.

I could help OOCly manage and keep tabs on the books from time to time if you want.
Also I can provide books from time to time as I collect and write some.
Awesome! We appreciate all the help we can get.

We are still looking for librarians!

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Would you be interested in a series of books that I"m thinking of calling the "Azure Chronicles". It is ROUGHLY inspired by real IC events but imagine if a drunken braggart was telling his story and then Michael Bay decided to make a movie out of the story and you have what I"ve written IC. Azure IC will probably insist they be put in the religion or history section but they are total fiction.

I currently have one written and I'm almost done with the second one. Also Azure has a book he wrote for the Thiil writing event but will totally donate to Tambry's library as he sees that more as an important public service.

Would you be interested in a series of books that I"m thinking of calling the "Azure Chronicles". It is ROUGHLY inspired by real IC events but imagine if a drunken braggart was telling his story and then Michael Bay decided to make a movie out of the story and you have what I"ve written IC. Azure IC will probably insist they be put in the religion or history section but they are total fiction.

I currently have one written and I'm almost done with the second one. Also Azure has a book he wrote for the Thiil writing event but will totally donate to Tambry's library as he sees that more as an important public service.
Absolutely! I'm willing to sponsor the creation of these books, or if you'd just like to donate that's fine too. We just want to ensure that money doesn't keep people from making creative products!

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Absolutely! I'm willing to sponsor the creation of these books, or if you'd just like to donate that's fine too. We just want to ensure that money doesn't keep people from making creative products!
Sounds good. Azure will probably donate the one he wrote in Thiil and try and sell the other two. Azure IC is on a journey up north for about a week IRL but when he comes back down I had planned on him stopping by Tambry IC anyway. Hopefully we'll be able to arrange some type of meeting IC.

Would like to say that we are still looking for a librarian. Also, I've acquired a few more books, so we should break the 100 book mark. (book mark... heh).

OOC notice:

Dust settles in the library as hard times hit the city of Tambry. Without a librarian, the library has fallen into disarray and the city's leaders have decided to temporarily close it.

If you have a character who would know of the library's troubles and you want to organize an "asset rescue and recovery" mission, add me in a private conversation.