Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished The Tower of Archaz (Big Event!)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
@Legion (this is a big event, I'd like you to join)

Parkour! - - - - Roleplay! - - - - Roleplay fights! - - - - Water challenges! - - - - Treasure! - - - - Exploration! - - - - Storyline! - - - - Puzzles! - - - - Traps! - - - - Action! - - - Riddles! - - - - Mazes!
~ - The Tower of Archaz - ~
upload_2014-2-22_21-18-37.png
You approach an old Caparii, seemingly member of the Engem clan, talking to a group of people about an event of some years ago which was known as "The Discovery of our Era":

"They ventured far into the maze of Archaz to get to his books. This group of adventurers had suffered few losses before they reached their destination, the books of Archaz and the treasure-chest. In which was stored riches of different degree, ranging from magical enchantments to an ancient carapace armor. The library was a great found and the adventurers took as many books as they could, until the mechanism was activated by drawing the wrong book out of the wrong bookshelf. The walls of the library slowly started to close in as the bookcases fell over and cracked out of their place. A wall suddenly opened and the adventurers fled through it. They escaped with their lives and some of the books, but the entire library of Archaz is smashed to ruin. There is nothing more to gain from entering his maze… His traps are set off, blocking any access through it. Going in there would be suicide, for once you fall, there is no way back up anymore. The library is smashed and out of anyone’s grasp, all we have are the books the adventurers saved…

Some of the Adventurers had laid their hands on books from the Redstone-series. Together they got the series complete, but they are too stubborn or lazy to exchange the books and put them together. Other adventurers got books from the ancient culture that Archaz had designed the maze for. A few scholars however, they got hold on the only journal of Archaz. It is known he wrote many more, at each task another, but now there is only one left. I have studied it long and hard. I’ve read it time after time, hoping to find a clue to the location of any of his other builds. Finally after reading between the lines of his journal, I found what I was looking for. ..

Truly, Archaz was an inventive man on the level of redstone. But also on other levels. His intelligence was incredible. He has designed mazes, puzzles, traps and architecture of the highest degree. He even hid riddles very inventively inside the journal. It took me a while before I took a redstone torch, instead of a normal one, to read his scriptures. Suddenly, some letters faded. The journal that used to describe a normal day of building, suddenly described an old personal project that Archaz was busy with in secret. It described an enormous tower that he called “My Tower” and I will from now refer to it as The Tower of Archaz. A monstrously large structure, only accessible from the top, like his other structures. For it was his believe that only the divine should be able to descend from the heavens to enter his structures. Yet, if he was to build in it, he had to have a way in. He made a dangerous route going from the ground to the top, alongside the wall. Jumping from some outcropping bricks, then hanging on an iron bar, he could make his way to the top to continue building the Tower of Archaz…

After solving some of the many riddles he had hidden within his redstone-texts, I found out the Tower of Archaz has got eleven floors. Every floor a different challenge. The ultimate goal of the tower: Selection. Every floor offered the opportunity for an ‘unworthy soul’, like he calls it, to get stuck and never be able to get out. Yet, if they made a mistake that wasn’t too big, they could, by the grace of ‘worthy souls’ be released from their prison at a further stage of the floor. His floors consisting from dangers ranging from unsolvable labyrinths to facing off horrible monsters…

Why would a person build such a thing? A heap of challenges to filter out the incapable? If so, why is this selection needed? What will these capable people be used for? A blockade of different sorts, so immense it is clearly noticeable, but incredibly hard to take? What is the purpose of The Tower of Archaz?"

and with that, I bid thee welcome to the next event in the Archaz series! Perhaps your char's interest is awoken by this caparii. At least enough to embark on a quest with him!

OOC: If you like parkour, if you like roleplaying a fight against monsters, if you like mazes, if you like to be smarter than traps that are set for you, if you like riddles, if you like a reward after doing an event? This is the one you have to join!

After the discovery of our era, or the maze of archaz, a few people got hold of some books. One of you found the book 'Archaz's Secret' which told of his masterpiece, a thing so full of traps, it would be impossible to make it out alive! This is that masterpiece and in this event, we will find the hidden tower, we will move through it and we will lay our hands on gold and riches!

No Pvp between attendants on our way to the tower! if you do pvp, then you are spoiling the event and the staff will be free to take action against your crime.

Place to gather In Game: Crossroad Inn (/spawn)
Date: Saturday 1st of March
Time: 20:00h GMT

12:00 PST (Noon, 12pm) Pacific

13:00 PDST (1pm)

14:00 CST (2pm) Central

15:00 EST (3pm) Eastern
Timezones thanks to @solusrequiem

Requirements: Boats! Food! lots of food to stay alive during this long event!

Last edited:

Spear

The Undying Scholar.
Retired Staff
Bigs the word, helped pirate test this just now, devious course not quite like anything I've done parkour wise on HW before =P

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
changed starting location to crossroads inn because I like to boost that place a little, it is underappreciated :)

spagbog

Lord of Altera
I will indeed try to be there, even though Fennik is neither of fan of towers, riddles, water, fighting or mazes.

But he'll be there.