Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Fan-Fic The Wind Blows Both Ways

Halendar

Lord of Altera
Hello I just wanted to share this story I started writing this afternoon. I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet. Let me know what you think.

A ray of sunlight splashed upon Declan’s face as the drapes concealing the morning fell. Reluctantly he opened his eyes, immediately blinded by the unexpected brightness. Grudgingly he sat up, and outstretched his arms with a yawn. “Morning already?” he exclaimed, stepping out of bed. Plodding over to the window, he peered outside. The early morning dew was still shining across the grass. The tavern’s courtyard was empty with an exception of two young men standing outside the stables. Knowing they were waiting for him he clumsily threw on a tunic and cloak, grabbed his pack and made his way downstairs.

The innkeeper was up having an early morning pint at the bar when Declan came striding into the lobby. He turned himself around, and smiled. “Ah mister Declan is it? Ye friends are outside wait’n by the stables.” Nodding in appreciation he passed through the open doors into the ocean of sunshine. Squinting to see, he looked about for his companions. A voice called out to him, “Hey Declan! Over here!” Turning in the direction of the voice he saw Aldwin grinning atop his horse.

He was a young fellow only in his early twenties. His sky blue eyes nicely complemented, the wavy black hair that fell to his shoulders. His face was something to be desired, but a very jocular personality compensated for it. “It’s about time you woke up! If I didn’t know you better I might’ve thought you had forgotten about us.” Declan chuckled as he hastened to his friend, “How could I forget you Aldwin. Not many have the face of an ass!” Laughing, both men went to meet up with the third member of their trio just around the corner.

Turning onto the road Declan caught sight of Ealdwine mounting a white stallion. He was clasping the reigns of another steed beside him. “Hey Declan! Nice to see you’re alive. I was beginning to think I would have to put up with that fool all by myself from now on.” The three men chuckled, all in good fun. "All right. Let's head out." Declan finally mounted his horse, and took the reins from his friend.

Ealdwine was the younger brother of Aldwin. Unlike his brother, Ealdwine had been blessed with beauty. Curly brunette hair covered his forehead leaving his chiseled jaw line and blue eyes, like his brother’s, completely visible. He was not as comical as Aldwin, but enjoyed good humor nonetheless. Declan had known both since they were just boys growing up together. Every since then, they had spent their lives always at each other’s side. Travelling from place to place, tavern to tavern, making a living off game they hunted. Nothing could tear them apart other than death itself.

The trio trotted along on their steeds without a care in the world. Laughing and joking as they went along the road moving towards the next town. With the wind at their backs they were unstoppable. However, as the day went on dark clouds began to form over head. The sun that once shined warm upon their faces was now imprisoned by a wall of gloom. Rain came down hard and suddenly. Lightning flashed across the sky. The horses, spooked into frenzy, threw their riders onto the soaking road. They bolted off into the woods all going separate directions, abandoning their masters. Soaked and deserted the three ran into the cover of trees. Now the wind that was once at their backs, had flung them into unimaginable peril.

Last edited:

Halendar

Lord of Altera
Im not sure who that is to be honest i looked up names and their meanings and I liked Declan for the story. Who's Declan Leuvaarden?