Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

TheGamerRian's Application - Declined [Readij]

TheGamerRian

Lord of Altera

1) What is your MINECRAFT username?: TheGamerRian ;)
2) How old are you?: 14 Sir.
3) Where are you?: Ireland, I'm yar Neighbar

4) Have you read our guides yet?: Yes, yes I have!
5) Introduce yourself!:

I am a young entrepreneur and gamer who takes a passion in all things code. From Engineering and Electronics to Game Development and Webdesign I'm your guy

I tend to keep up to date with all programming fashions but other then that I am an out of date snob wearing sixties clothes.

I enjoy school and my education for the most part and generally get good grades. I have several Certificates in Lua,Web development and Ruby which as been called amazing for someone of my age and I am glad to be the CodeKid of the year 2011 - 2013
I enjoy Rollplay because I am brilliant at playing-in-character, I am very mature for my age.

I work as a support manager intern at StickyPiston host since I have been legally able to work and I really enjoy it as I am a good people-person!

My Hobbies are Programming, Graphic Design, Rollplay and Bossing people around (Especially the last one :p)

The gamer I have enjoyed the most are easily the ones that allow for infinite gameplay time such as minecraft and terraria due to its sandbox nature

I am a big fan of sandbox games and openworld games because I like to express myself in what I do albeit a redstone creation that took me years to complete or a decent building that took me 10 millennial (I'm not that good of a builder at all)

6) Got any examples of your work?:
http://rianscode.com is my website

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdXhAJhq18RXoW3mTvqH6SQ is my youtube channel where I put random shizzlewizzle and animations done by me
http://rianerrity.imgur.com/ a variety of my stuff expressed in images

7)
Referral-

I was referred to this server by CatalystGaming, a current player on your server who also happens to be a close friend of mine.

Name- Faren Gun'dar

Race: Dwarf

Appearance
: He leaned over the forge, the hammer crashing down on the anvil. His eyes were Illuminated by the flames, two dark coals set alight by the forge. He was short, as most dwarves are, his features stolid, as if made of stone. His red beard, which reached his stomach, was carefully trimmed. His scalp was balding, although two sideburns ran around his ears. He wore a weather-stained brown cloak around him, over a leather tunic dotted with iron studs. He wore two black boots, and trousers tarnished with ash.
About-
Personality-
Faren is modest, honest, and short-tempered. He can be irrational at times although he always apologizes , especially in anger. His anger is what made him have to leave home after many o' fights Unlike most dwarves, he is reluctant to fight others, unless the need is great He believes that a Hard Days work gets a Good days pay. He always tried to play peacekeeper if the need arose although these times were in great rarity. He is hard-working and friendly. His skills lie in his more than adept skills at blacksmithing. He creates fine weapons and armour, primarily. His fighting skills are lacking, compared to those of most of his race. However, his strength alone gains him an edge in battle, even without training to fall back on.
Backstory- Faren was born to a dwarven couple in a small village on the Northern Coast of Altera. He quickly showed great skill at smithing. Although is Father encouraged him to become a miner in the great mountains, (as the business of gemstone mining was very profitable at the time) he refused as he had always dreamed of becoming the greatest Blacksmith in Altera. He needed to gain an apprenticeship in Tambry. However, there was no Dockmasters or cities near his city, and bandits and wolves roamed the tundra that blocked him from The Great Lands of Tambry. Nevertheless, he set out as he was known for is determination although the bitter cold of the ice plains cut into who skin much like razers. He carried with him a small amount of provisions, the very little money he had owned which was just barely enough to restock his supplies at the next town, and his trusty hammer with the pure diamond tip, twas a gift from his father when he left his home.
After two days travel, he had been ambushed by a group of wolves. He fled off of the path, escaping the wolves, but losing his way. Lost, he wandered the plains for days, his food quickly running out. He fell unconscious soon after.
Waking up, he found himself in a small wooden cabin. He found himself on the foot of the tundra, only a light covering of snow of the pine trees surrounding him. He met with a hunter, who had saved him. The mysterious hunter, giving no name, gave him provisions and directions. Faren began his journey once again, the long wilderness stretching before him. Determined to fulfil his dream, he set out.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application and I hope to be hearing from you at your earliest convenience

Last edited:

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Hello mate, thank you for your application. It's quite good, but the only (minor) issue is that your back story is too short; as per the guide, we ask for a minimum of 400 words, so you're just over half way there. Can you please use the edit button to fill it out a bit, and then comment when you're done so I can go over it again?

Also, just be wary of starting your character as a 'master' of anything - it's fine to have basic skills, but we encourage you to grow those skills through roleplay as opposed to power gaming from the start and, for example, starting on the server on your first day and stating you're the world's ultimate swordsman. There are plenty of smiths on the server, so wanting to develop your skills can be a great in for roleplay.

TheGamerRian

Lord of Altera
Hello mate, thank you for your application. It's quite good, but the only (minor) issue is that your back story is too short; as per the guide, we ask for a minimum of 400 words, so you're just over half way there. Can you please use the edit button to fill it out a bit, and then comment when you're done so I can go over it again?

Also, just be wary of starting your character as a 'master' of anything - it's fine to have basic skills, but we encourage you to grow those skills through roleplay as opposed to power gaming from the start and, for example, starting on the server on your first day and stating you're the world's ultimate swordsman. There are plenty of smiths on the server, so wanting to develop your skills can be a great in for roleplay.
Thanks for your time, sorry I miscounted the words its now 416 words :/
Thanks
- Faren Gun'dar

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Ah, maybe the guide wasn't clear - it's the actual back story bit that needs to be 400+ words (Your 'Faren was born to a dwarven couple in a small village...' etc bit). We use it as a test of your writing capablities. If you're stuck for inspiration, have a look at some of the recently approved applications. Maybe expand a bit with the meeting of the hunter? You're definitely on the right track, it just needs a little bit more (I put your backstory into Word; word count gives me 286).

TheGamerRian

Lord of Altera
Ah, maybe the guide wasn't clear - it's the actual back story bit that needs to be 400+ words (Your 'Faren was born to a dwarven couple in a small village...' etc bit). We use it as a test of your writing capablities. If you're stuck for inspiration, have a look at some of the recently approved applications. Maybe expand a bit with the meeting of the hunter? You're definitely on the right track, it just needs a little bit more (I put your backstory into Word; word count gives me 286).
Yeah Sorry, I included my appearance when using the word count tool :/ sorry, It's gotten to the point where I am wasting your time, Sorry again about that ;//

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Nooo, don't stress, it's not a waste of my time at all :) You've done a good job so far, only just over 100 words to go and you'll be done. There's no rush; let me know when you're done and I'll be happy to accept you onto the server ;)