Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

This is very though-provoking

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
thought provoking how exactly?
I mean it was interesting but it didnt exactly make any new assertions or even present an original concept.

Jupa15

Settling in Altera
I mean it was interesting but it didnt exactly make any new assertions or even present an original concept.
No.
But it makes you think.
When you throw out your toaster.
It could be begging for a second chance.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
Isn't it obvious? It makes you think about the one day where we will become what we once called Gods, creators of sentient life, in the form of intelligent androids able to have emotions.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Isn't it obvious? It makes you think about the one day where we will become what we once called Gods, creators of sentient life, in the form of intelligent androids able to have emotions.
This idea has been around since Frankenstein.

And to be honest Mary Shelley made her point better~

Deash12

Coffee Enthusiast
Here's something that'll get your brains moving,
If we are counting sheep, then what are the sheep counting?!!??!?!?!

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
This idea has been around since Frankenstein.

And to be honest Mary Shelley made her point better~
I could argue that Frankenstein isn't comparable, because he is a monster of a fantasy book, a kind of zombie, or to be extremely simple, a ambiguously revived corpse. An android, while being a much more possible alternative to Frankenstein, is also much more complex and advanced then a story.
But I understand your point, it is true that we've been thinking to those things for decades now, but what I meant is that with our technologies, it's more and more conceivable.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
I could argue that Frankenstein isn't comparable, because he is a monster of a fantasy book, a kind of zombie, or to be extremely simple, a ambiguously revived corpse. An android, while being a much more possible alternative to Frankenstein, is also much more complex and advanced then a story.
But I understand your point, it is true that we've been thinking to those things for decades now, but what I meant is that with our technologies, it's more and more conceivable.
You mean 'Frankenstein's Monster' who actually goes by the name 'Adam' and goes under much symbolism?

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
The only difference between Frankenstein's monster and the machine in the video above is that Dr. Frankenstein used organic computers where the creator of the android used silicon ones.

And to be honest I dont think the first AI will be in the form of an android, and I also dont think it will be accidental.