Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

To The Coalition and Anhald

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
(OOC note: Posted in the crossroads, tell me in a forum convo if you took it down IC.)

Dear war hungry mongrels

I would like to address both battle hungry sides, who nip at each other throats while whining and complaining and *Explicit* out each other like two brats. While most support The Coalition in it's 'quest to save the Northen Kingdoms', I support neither side. I've seen what people would call battlefields, and I know what its like to see bodies scattered across streets, roads, and towns. This isn't anyone saying Anhald is good, this is only showing that The Coalition isn't the...well the knight in shining armor, here to rescue the Northen Kingdoms from brigands and bandits. I might be just one man, with no army or navy or even a group, yet to both sides I say shut the *Explicit* up. If you read 'General' Tennand's words carefully, you can see the man cares not about his army, or the 'people', only that he can slay men and be seen as a hero.

While Anhald is a war hungry group that would love to conquer lands, Tennand is not much different then King Peter himself. Yes, some would say that the cause to stop Anhald is noble, but Tennand is a man who cares less about the cause and more about the conquering. When this is all over, who can say he won't take over Anhald's lands for himself? Or better yet, slaughter everyone who was in Anhald just for being there? I've talked to some survivors on both sides and some of Anhald don't even want this, and what about the coalition? From what I see, every single person in the coalition wants to see Anhald crumble and die, yet I haven't seen Anhald do anything bad until after the coalition decided to kick them.

So my question for everyone is this: Was it really Anhald that started this war, or was it the coalition? Because from my point, this isn't a children story where everything is black and white, oh no this is all grey. Now, I have a request for both sides. Anhald, deal with the leader of the coalition and anyone licking his boots, and for the coalition...well, open your eyes and stop blindly following a false leader.

Sincerely
A Wanderer​