Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Too many heroes (and more)

bowduim400

Legend of Altera
(The admins tell everybody this is a reminder)

In my (And the Staffs) Opinion we have to many epic revenge-assasin-heroes and super-swordfighter and archer-people. We need more ordinary people like Cooks,Bakers,Smiths,Butchers That would thrive up the medieval community lot more and let a city look like a real medieval one with people going to the bakery for bread and such. Not everybody in the medieval times were good fighters, Let alone Nearly nobody could fight unless really talented or trained. You may think that roleplaying without being a super talented fighter Is no fun but its only more fun as you now have a place in the community. My character is a talented cook and thrives to be the best, And then you have a quest to be done. As a soldier you can thrive to free altera from darkness but that will never happen as it would be very boring with only good guys. And it will just end lotsa good Rp chances. But as a normal man/woman you can thrive for like a real goal not something impossible you never will get.

So may this be a reminder to make your RP and that of others more fun and make the whole server more fun: Make normal medieval people not only warriors!

(if someone explains how i will put a funny image here)

MercuryHatred

Settling in Altera
Bah, Blasphemy! Who would want to limit thine selves to such trivial roles of life when a treasure trove of wonders and combat await them!

Tis's a Lad's dream to become the fearsome knight of thy nightmares, and tis's his dream alone that shall decide his fate. No mere acts of simple butchery or farming shall do, NAY! For it is the power they seek and it is the riches they crave! No such task could sate their hunger more than the role of a "epic revenge-assassin-hero"!

Translation: Even if this is true, no one wants to be a simple peasant when they can be a super awesome knight that is rich and have sex with 5 different female virgins every day.

bowduim400

Legend of Altera
And your last 2 scentecenses will never happen so choose a normal live... then u maybe get 1 girlfriend

You must understand we have too much heroes who arent even heroes but pretend.
Its lame to think u will get as chance of richdomm as a knight due to the amount of it we have as a cook opening as restaurant will get you more money i swear

Aerogor

Loyal Servant of Altera
To be honest, I actually tried to make my character be as average as possible since that's what stands out.

Just a farmer C:

MercuryHatred

Settling in Altera
Thy use of proper spelling brings agony upon my eyes.
Thou has spoketh without knowing a thing about thee! How could thine fair cook misjudge a Man who has lost everything? Is it not enough that my flesh rots that you would stood so low as to attack thy social interactions?!

*slaps across your face with an empty glove*

Un'garde! HAVE AT THEE!!

You speak much truth, but my statement still remains. To the average eyes, the only true glory is heroism.
unless an admin makes it a rule to stop making heros? lol

bowduim400

Legend of Altera
Thats what i mean. Selling your harvest will get you more money in one day than, what a knight will make in 1 week rust me

bowduim400

Legend of Altera
Thy use of proper spelling brings agony upon my eyes.
Thou has spoketh without knowing a thing about thee! How could thine fair cook misjudge a Man who has lost everything? Is it not enough that my flesh rots that you would stood so low as to attack thy social interactions?!

*slaps across your face with an empty glove*

Un'garde! HAVE AT THEE!!
Stop spamming my thread please what i post is true dont argue. The admins think the same

MercuryHatred

Settling in Altera
Tis not a spam, but a simple debate.

Unless a set of limits were placed upon thy decree, more than likely the next fellow won't agree.
(cool that rhymed)

Maybe get a set of limits up in the app boards if it starts to become a real issue. Or give players who actually don't start off as a "epic-revenge-assassin-hero" a bonus for being original

bodejodel

Reaching for the Heavens
Retired Staff
bodejodel
bodejodel
Players that start off as "epic-revenge-assassin-hero" will be laughed at. It is too easy.
Try starting as a farmer and build your character up from there using in-game role play's. THAT is what makes you a good roleplayer. (which I am not by the way...)

bowduim400

Legend of Altera
Players that start off as "epic-revenge-assassin-hero" will be laughed at. It is too easy.
Try starting as a farmer and build your character up from there using in-game role play's. THAT is what makes you a good roleplayer. (which I am not by the way...)
U can rp iam sure bode But thats what i tried to explain Dont OP yourself especially not on the beginning

matyio

The original mute
Rp something ordinary, like a bard, then put a unique twist on it, say make them mute. That is what I did, and I found it super fun.

Speckhart

I think I might like it here
This thread is nonsensical. People don't roleplay because they want to pretend they're students, working the counter at Tesco or whatever. They roleplay because they want to be larger than life, this doesn't necessarily mean you have to be a pirate samurai demigod from hell, but they want to play characters with decidedly heroic qualities and pastimes, like slaying assorted foul beasts et al.

Sir_FlapJack

Loyal Servant of Altera
Seems legit, i just chose a simple monk , forever tasked in service to the deities. I find it alot more fulfilling and fun then having to RP about oh i will slay this evil and save that princess, becuase there's very few evils to slay and princess' to save. But faith is my business and let me tell you, business is good.

matyio

The original mute
This thread is nonsensical. People don't roleplay because they want to pretend they're students, working the counter at Tesco or whatever. They roleplay because they want to be larger than life, this doesn't necessarily mean you have to be a pirate samurai demigod from hell, but they want to play characters with decidedly heroic qualities and pastimes, like slaying assorted foul beasts et al.
Correct they don't. They roleplay because they want an escape from realities.

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
Actually... People Roleplay to have fun, relax, and enjoy being something they don't normally get to be, this can be anything from a simple student, farm or cook, to a town guard, to a royal guard, maybe even eventually work up to be the leader of some high organization.

My character started as a lowly jester, he grew, and grew, from a jester, to be the Highlord Vyre of Altera, then I stepped down to live a peaceful life in my own town.

Perhaps YOU want to Roleplay as something larger then life and become an over-powered, indestructable knight of doom from the depths of Hell who can swing his mighty sword across the land and level all that would stand in his way. Not all others, however, would share this opinion. Furthermore, I do not suggest speaking for others, people will speak for themselves. Overall, the type of Roleplay you suggest everyone wants is frowned upon, and those that act as such are usually ignored for sheer lack of interest in something we have seen several times over.

As for MercuryHatred. I suspect you are of the same bunch coming to HollowWorld as Speckhart, so as such I refer you to the above statements. However, I would like to say that your view on Roleplay is at best, elementary. Many people do, in fact, enjoy the simple life, as those who have played here long enough to have seen what becomes of those who would Roleplay as you do would rather not have such happen to them.

That's all I think...

TheDarkFool

Lord of Altera
Thats right, Roleplay must be kept realistic thats most fun
Not necessarily, while I agree, that roleplay shouldn't involve Over-Poweredness, it shouldn't necessarily be kept realistic, people do RP to be something they don't normally get to be, we do have different races for a reason. A better statement would be to say;

Roleplay should be kept within the boundaries of common sense, as well as, let us mind our manners, right people?

Speckhart

I think I might like it here
My character started as a lowly jester, he grew, and grew, from a jester, to be the Highlord Vyre of Altera, then I stepped down to live a peaceful life in my own town..
You don't think your character has heroic qualities then? To rise from such a lowly position isn't a grand feat?
You misunderstood me completely, I did not mean to say that people uniformly want to play some kind of ultra-empowering perfect character but that people want to play heroes. Characters that are mundane in origin and start out with nothing are perhaps even more heroic when they accomplish incredible feats.

In fact, your characters story is the essence of what I'm describing, since I'm seeing a few bits of your real self and your real aspirations in that character. Wish fulfillment.

And don't take this the wrong way, there's nothing wrong with that, it's a great yarn.

Roleplay should be kept within the boundaries of common sense, as well as, let us mind our manners, right people?
You could also say that roleplay should stick to the internal logic of the setting.

bowduim400

Legend of Altera
Not necessarily, while I agree, that roleplay shouldn't involve Over-Poweredness, it shouldn't necessarily be kept realistic, people do RP to be something they don't normally get to be, we do have different races for a reason. A better statement would be to say;

I ment hollow realistic and to keep things fun. Like something such is my char lesbian. My old char had something OP he could read minds but only few words like as someone thinks ' iam gonna eat dinner with him' he could read 'iam gonna eat him' then you get funny moments. And because he cant read full its within boundarys.

Sir_FlapJack

Loyal Servant of Altera
I agree there's alot of room for freedom and creativity without going overboard and OP. Reasonable is the key word I think. Just becuase you're a, say, farmer; does not mean you have to be generic and boring. It'd be nice to see more ordinary civilians. I'll probably take up the position of farmer as well as monk for my monastary.