Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Tybalt Rhett | King of Marr

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Here is a good representation of his style of longsword combat.
Fiore, combat style from Northern Italy. has a Defense Counter Behavior

Estes241

The Talking Pizza
Retired Staff
Here is a good representation of his style of longsword combat.
Fiore, combat style from Northern Italy. has a Defense Counter Behavior
A Swedish friend of mine actually does something that is very similar to this (if not it, they tend to use German words opposed to Italian ones). I've joined him a few times (will be joining more permanently when I'm back here next year), and it is really quite fun to do. More ""Brutal" than fencing as there are a lot less rules. Fencing tends to avoid physical contact with anything but the blade whereas this, as you can see, has no issue with kneeing someone in the gut, tripping them, then smashing a pummel to the face. Very fun... though not as easy as they make it look in the video! Wrist rotations and the like make many a form difficult to follow... A pain in the pizza.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
A Swedish friend of mine actually does something that is very similar to this (if not it, they tend to use German words opposed to Italian ones). I've joined him a few times (will be joining more permanently when I'm back here next year), and it is really quite fun to do. More ""Brutal" than fencing as there are a lot less rules. Fencing tends to avoid physical contact with anything but the blade whereas this, as you can see, has no issue with kneeing someone in the gut, tripping them, then smashing a pummel to the face. Very fun... though not as easy as they make it look in the video! Wrist rotations and the like make many a form difficult to follow... A pain in the pizza.
Aye. I would really love to get into HEMA sadly i cannot as there is not a class anywhere near me. So I do my own studying through youtube and other sources online. Planning on buying an actual longsword soon. Like you said it really is quite fun and I think it would be an enjoyable hobby.

Estes241

The Talking Pizza
Retired Staff
Aye. I would really love to get into HEMA sadly i cannot as there is not a class anywhere near me. So I do my own studying through youtube and other sources online. Planning on buying an actual longsword soon. Like you said it really is quite fun and I think it would be an enjoyable hobby.
Indeed, it is... And it would be difficult to practice without one! An enjoyable hobby, aye... but I can't exactly imagine defending myself with it haha... Sporting a sword around Sweden isn't exactly acceptable... any weapon, in fact.

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Indeed, it is... And it would be difficult to practice without one! An enjoyable hobby, aye... but I can't exactly imagine defending myself with it haha... Sporting a sword around Sweden isn't exactly acceptable... any weapon, in fact.
Yeah, I could imagine defending myself with it ...you know, if there wasn't guns.

Jackjack455

Lord of Altera
Aww, you took Damon off... I haven't been able to get on in long whiles for some issues irl, but you took Damon off!