Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Ulfur Myrkris: Sometimes things don't go according to plan.

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
Name: Ulfur Myrkris

Nickname/Alias: Some call him trouble, but most call him Ulf

Race: Human

Height: 6 feet 6 inches

Weight: Around 220 pounds, solid muscle.

Hair: A knotted mane of black hair runs down his back, wild and untamed. A short black beard covers his mouth.

Eyes: His eyes are ice blue, filled with resolve and quiet strength

Skin: His skin is darkened from the heat of the fire, and hardened by the snowy northern winds.

Identifying Marks: A series of ancestral tattoos run across his chest, and scars cover his arms from the forge....and other, more painful times.

Appearance: Ulfur is usually seen wearing his blacksmiths apron and a bearskin cloak to fend off the cold. He wears woolen breeches and high boots to protect against the cold. On his right hand is a silver ring; the only thing of value he owns. He has an accent, but not as thick as one would expect.

Attitude: Ulfur is a man of few words...when he does speak he avoids pleasantries, always cutting to the point. Usually stoic, he does possess a sense of humor, yet rarely smiles or laughs.

Strengths: He is incredibly strong, quite intelligent, and has strong morals. He is a masterful smith, but shows his work to few.

Weaknesses and fears: While strong, he will never harm anyone if he can help it. He never uses a sword, bow, or any other type of weapon, preferring his own two fists. In addition, he does not use magic or potions, but does not judge those who use them.

Religion and cults: Ulfur pays lip service to Harateth, but he reserves most of his worship for Korog and Theodra....they are of more use to him where he lives.

Profession: Blacksmith

Relationship with other races: Ulfur gets along best with humans and dwarves. He can cope with elves, caparii, and halflings, but he hates orcs and demons with a fiery intensity, refusing to work with them.

Sometimes things don't always go according to plan...the story of my life.
I don't profess to be a good man. Good men don't do what I've done...they haven't seen what I've seen. I cannot put my past behind me...but I can look towards the future. I can't profess to be a good man...but I'm trying to be. Maybe one day I will be. Maybe...

A small village in the mountains. It has no name, too small to merit one. A few snow covered houses huddle together, as if for warmth, and the fires sputter from the cold morning air. The westmost house is slightly larger than the others, and there is a forge outside of it. A single man stands at the fire, hammering away at a freshly made icepick.

"Ulfur! Hie, Ulfur!"
Ulfur turns around, a hammer in his hands. The smoke of the fires hangs about his workplace in an oppressive cloud, framing Ulfur like a fiery god. He wipes a hand across his brow to remove the sweat, then tries to look out to see who called him. He narrows his eyes upon seeing Baen, the woodcutters boy; he is waving wildly for attention.
Baen yells through the smoke, "Ulfur! Please, my father need ye...he's down in the ravine!"
Ulfur grunts, then lays down his hammer and removes his apron. He jogs down the narrow mountain path towards the ravine, Baen following behind.
"Father lost some sheep this winter...when his prize ram wandered out, he went after it in the middle of the storm last night. He didn't come back in the morning, so I went lookin' for him. Rock slide had caught him and the ram in a crack...he told me to go find help...", Baen told Ulfur as he ran behind him, short legs striving to keep up with the taller man's long strides. The two of them ran for half an hour before they reached the bottom of the ravine, where a grey pile of newly fallen rock disrupted the white landscape.
Ulfur spoke but two words when they reached the bottom.
"Wait here."
The boy obeyed, while Ulfur walked up to the pile of rocks where Baen's father was. He bent down, and one rock at a time, began to move them away from the mouth of the crevice. Boulders larger than horses he strained against until they moved, sweat collecting on his arms. Soon, Ulfur uncovered an arm, then a breathing body and a very angry ram hidden beneath the rocks. His work done, Ulfur turned to Baen and motioned him to come.
"We need to get him back to the village."
Baen nodded and picked up the ram. Ulfur hoisted Baen's father up with no apparent difficulty, running back up the mountain in the cold morning air.

Trouble Kelp

Loyal Servant of Altera
I don't know why things happen the way that they do. It's not for a man like me to consider. I live, I breath, I work; pondering such things is beyond what I am supposed to be. But the future comes, always. I cannot avoid it, I cannot know it...and I sometimes fear it. But today, I do not fear it....today, I feel the urge of destiny.

Ulfur stood at his forge, the sparks from the fire whirling around him. Outside, wind howled in the middle of the night, carrying the cries of the snow golems down from the mountains...but none of that mattered to Ulfur. He was creating his masterpiece. Slowly, he pounded out an edge here, a dent there...no defect could remain. He folded the metal when it was white hot, working in the place of fire and ice, his eyes glinting in the firelight. Finished, Ulfur dipped the metal into the oily forge water quickly, so as to prevent any minor cracks from forming. A hiss and a cloud of steam rose, the metal cooling down to an ash grey. Ulfur removed the now completed blade from the water, holding it up to the forge fire, inspecting it. Over one and a half meters long, it glittered with water; a sleek, smooth whole without a single blemish on it. Ulfur grunted in satisfaction, then layed the blade down to sharpen it.
"Nice sword."
Looking up, Ulfur saw a rather brightly colored orange man standing in front of his forge, his face obscured by a hood. Ulfur nodded after a moment, then turned back to his work.
"Aye."
"Would you be willing to sell it to me?"
Ulfur looked back to the strange man, narrowing his eyes.
"Nay. It isn't done."
The man smiled, then came closer. Beneath his hood, he had two bright blue eyes set above a beak.
"Alright then...I'll come back for it when it's done. By the way, what is your name, friend?"
Ulfur breathed into his beard, waiting for a moment to answer.
"Ulfur Myrkris. Mai house be Lonmar."
Then man looked startled, then said "Really? I too am of House Lonmar. Inferno Hawk, at your service."
Ulfur looked levelly at Inferno for a few seconds, then turned back to shapening his blade.
"Pleasure."
The man paused for a moment, as if wondering how to proceed, then spoke.
"Listen...I have a proposition for you. I don't know if you know it, but that blade you're making is a masterpiece. It is without a doubt one of the finest weapons I've ever seen. The city of Nilfheim recently lost our best smith to snow golems....and, well....I was thinking you might be able to fill his position. It twould be a boon to us...to my city."
Ulfar just continued to sharpen his blade, sparks flying off in golden showers.
"I can promise you a house, a forge, and whatever gold I have in the coffers. Now, what do you say?"
Ulfur finished sharpening the blade, pulling it out and inspecting it. Satisfied, he grunted and set it down.
"Deal."