Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Upcoming] The Alteran Games

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
The Alteran Games

In order to promote House and City competition, as well as encourage healthy rivalry, we bring you the Alteran Games! A bloodshed free(mostly) event to bring the mighty athletes of this world together in a grand tournament of skill. Victorious athletes will be granted great rewards, as well as bask in the glory of their accomplishments!

We hope to hold the sporting events in cities rather than a single location, if in the future this event goes forward, cities can apply to host these events with the best facilities chosen for each event.
The best facilities will be chosen to host these competitions, so please build your best arena for us and maybe you will host the next event!

We hope to include as many towns in this event, not a few select of the biggest towns. Everyone will be able to apply to host an event, but realistically not all towns can be chosen.

If you would like to donate to help fund this grand RP event, please PM me on the forum so we can keep track of everything, as well as make sure you are registered as a donator for the event.

The team currently planning this event consists of: Jagster08, Canoli, Dracoboy2, Bigeasy1998, GRavenor15, JLA Montoya, Markisbeest, SparkinSpace.

More information will be brought out soon.
Feel free to leave your suggestions/ideas and opinions on the event in this thread below.

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
Here is a list of the current planned events for the games:

Track events:
-Sprint Race
-Long distance Race
-Hurdles (race with blocks needed to be jumped)
-Relay race
-Obstacle course
-Cross country
-Cobweb long jump

Triathlon- Running, Swimming, Sailing

Water Events:
-Swim race (lengths of a pool)
-Diving (grab items from chest and bring to a chest on the surface without drowning)
-Sailing (checkpoint boat race)
-White water rafting

Athletic events:
-Fencing(sword fight)
-Ender pearl shotput
-Archery (painting shooting)
-Minecart Archery
-Boxing (wool punch)

Misc:
-Pig race (A fun random event)
-Skydive

Feel free to make suggestions.

JLA Montoya

I think I might like it here
An RP background fitting the Alteran Games into the server is in progress, so no worries about whether or not it will fit! This isn't a random thing.

Valonyx

Lord of Altera
I look forward to this event, thanks leo.
May I be of any help to contribute to the olympics?
Furthermore, will players not in any house be able to participate? maybe for their city, their organisation or their race?

Spiro

Hollows Explorer
I look forward to this event, thanks leo.
May I be of any help to contribute to the olympics?
Furthermore, will players not in any house be able to participate? maybe for their city, their organisation or their race?
Olympics? What are these olympics you talk about, these are the great Alteran Games! ;)

On topic: Marvelous idea

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
I have a thingy I am building on Ravens Nest that will be appropriate for the races

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
This sounds really ambitious and awesome. Is there a date set yet, and is there anything we can do to help?

Morpheus

Lord of Altera
Villager
Morpheus_Dream
Morpheus_Dream
Villager
Right now we are currently working on some backstory for the event.
There is no set date yet, as we have to select the venues to be used and organise how the races will be run.
But feel free to start building possible locations for events to be held, we will be having an contest soon to select where the events will be held.