Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Valcust's short-story dump.

Valcust

Lord of Altera
Alright- So, each of these serve as a form of fanficion in their own right, and I will note the sorces of each idea before the short story :D

As for the main body of this thread: I get bored. A lot. And I usually write- though I can never seem to carry through with an Idea longer than a paragraph or two.
Every now and then, if I'm lucky, I'll be able to come up with a page or two.
But, for the most part, paragraphs.
So, here's a dump for all my lame paragraphs and such.
Er.
Yeah.
*Valcust doesn't know how to end an introduction*
(warning: I occasionally like to write about some pretty messed up stuff. So, read at your own risk :3)
(I also like to be vague. Vague stories are the best. :3)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inspiration source: DayZ

And though death chased after him, he ran.

The grass licked past his feet, dampening his steps with every stride.
In his futile break for life, a memory had come to the lone survivor.
And as he looked into her fading eyes, he spoke the words "I love you."
She would never say it in return.
Ever so slowly, the roars and cries of monsters lurched closer as he fell to his knees.
The pistol felt heavy, and worn.
It's slide an ease to pull after so many battles.

In the distance, a crow enjoyed a meal of rotten venison, picking between the corpse's exposed ribs.
A shock of thunder rang through the air, sending the lone avian survior soaring through the skies.

Then, silence.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inspiration source: StarFox

Through the abyss of the vacuum, he truly knew peace.
The word 'silence' does not do the moment justice.
Even his own breath seemed mute as his eyes scoured the scene before him, judding back and fourth to make some kind of sense of the gently molded collection of purple fog.
And in this mass, there was beauty.
That which he had only seen once before, in the eyes of a lover.
A soldier.
A warrior.
A friend.
The thought had escaped his mind as to how he had gotten here- millions of miles away from the nearest civilization, eyes skyward, focused on the dancing lights and god of the eternal night.
Peace.
He only wished for peace.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inspiration source: Fallout: New Vegas

The slow crimson drips fell to the edge of the parchment beside his body.
Kneeling, the man in the checkered suit retrieved the page, though slightly stained, the ink was still crisp and visible.
Just as the man was placing his still smoking pistol into the holster beside his hip, his eye caught the faint movements of breathing on the battered, bloodied, and assumed lifeless body.
Now he stood, placing the stained note into his inner pocket with a certain fantastical finesse.
"So sorry you had to get mixed up in this, kid." The chekered man had a tone of 'matter-of-fact' in his voice, the kind a child has as they taunt 'I told ya so'.
The courier lie bleeding, a hole through his lung continually gasped for air as a small pool formed beneath his pointed finger.
The man in the checkered suit looked past the desert surrounding them both, to the only bastion of light in the sea of darkness, and pointed.
"You almost made it. Didn't ya?" The checkered man took a cigarette and lighter from his pocket, lighting the smoke stick as a wick amongst the stars.
"You know, I'm surprised ya even know what you was lookin' for. Most tourists..They look at New Vegas this time o' night, think it's the sun rising."
With a puff of smoke, the man in the checkered suit looked down to his newly committed victimless crime.
"Eh, another murder in the mohave. What difference does it make, right?" The man chuckled warmly, as though he were sharing a drink with a friend.
He retrieved his pistol from it's holster with a slight click.
" 'S sad, really. You had wise, kid. Shame you played for the wrong team." A second click came just as the man stepped closer.
The courier looked into the barrel, his breathing becoming erratic.
The checkered suited man smiles behind the ember of his cigarette.
His grip tightened around the pistol.
"Welcome to Vegas, kid."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully more to come. Will also grab a few posts for some more, possible >_>

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
It is alright if you want to keep your personal stories here, as a stockpile, but there is a 'short stories' thread :p