Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Story Very short Detective mystery

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I apologize for the grammar in advance, I once wrote it in a style lacking any thrill to make my STO guild suffer at being unable to solve it.

Either way, this isn't part of my Job -Plan B, and more of a story outline than an actual story so sorry about that in advance, so I didn't really put much work into it either.
I kinda want to see if my mysteries are too hard/too easy/moderate before I bother writing full mystery stories.
That being said have fun trying to figure out the culprit and their modus operandi :)

Once there was an old mansion belonging to an unscrupulous man whose wife died within 4 years after they moved in.
However, he got engaged to his maid only a just few months later...
The other servant's started to gossip and silently accusing him of murdering his wife, yet none of them had the courage to speak up.

Years passed and one day, when his (new) wife wanted to bring him his afternoon tea, she couldn't open the door. She knocked and knocked but no one opened. Eventually one of them got the master key and opened the door. There they have found their master - With the only key(bar the master key) in his cold hands and a kitchen knife stuck in his heart.
People immediately suspected the Butler, who held the master key, though the crime was not possible for him as he was in the dining room with the rest of the household - for several hours he had a watertight alibi and the key has never left his possession.

After this people believed that the man was killed by the ghost of his first wife, whom their master has indeed murdered many years before, as they found out from his dairy. Eventually they have abandoned the mansion and it stood empty for over 40 years and people whispered that the murdered lady's ghost still resides there - waiting to kill the next unfaithful man, locked in the study.

After 45 years of being forsaken, a rich family has moved in with their servants:

- The Master (38), an architect and hobby marital artist
- The Mistress (30), a fashion designer
- The Butler (55), servant and the master's sparring partner
- The Maid(20), servant, pretty small
- The Cook(31), servant

A year later the mistress conceived a healthy boy.

They would live there happily for the next 16 years to come, until that faithful night, when the rain was so strong that the streets were flooded and the phone was out of order, and only the internal line still worked.
Due to the heavy storm, there was no way in and outside the mansion, even their mysterious guest, whom they have given shelter could no longer leave.

Yet, everything was peaceful, and after dinner at 18:30, they all split throughout the mansion, shortly after the master took off to do some work in the study and the lady to sleep while asking the maid to bring her some of the sleeping pills the doctor has prescribed her, since she had trouble sleeping again. - the Maid did so 15 minutes later.

An hour and a forth passed and it was now about 20:00h; The mistress was sleeping sound in her bedroom after taking the pills, the cook was in the kitchen late, like every night, looking for a knife that got lost about a week ago; The guest and the son in the dining room; Both the butler and the maid waited in the ready room for orders, until they took off to prepare a tea cart and get tea and snacks from the kitchen since her master has pre-ordered some an hour ago for 20:40(order to bring tea at 20:40 came therefore on 19:30), as the butler has told her.

Eventually the maid left the kitchen to bring the tea at 20:20. 5 Minutes later the butler left and went back to the ready room.

Around 20:45 the cook and the son came up because they have heard a loud knocking sound for a while now.

There, in front of the study they saw the maid and her tea-cart outside the study, knocking at the door, loudly shouting "Master, master are you alright?"
When they asked what was up the maid said that she has just brought up the tea, but the door was closed, the last thing she heard was a terrible scream from inside, she couldn't get in though because the door was locked, which was strange since he usually never locked the door.

in the meantime, the guest and all the other residents, bar the wife who still slept have arrived.
After another 5 Minutes of knocking on the door they decided that the son should wake up the mistress too, and open the door using the butler's master key as soon as she has arrived.

In there they found the master lying in a pool of blood - with a knife in sticking in his chest. Immediately the maid ran over to feel his pulse, but it was already too late. The mansion's master was dead.

When the son ran over to help the now shocked maid back on her fleet he gasped and pointed at something laying in the blood, next to the victim's upper body.

There- next to the dead man's body was the only key, bar the master key, to the study, lying in the pool of blood...

While everybody else was shocked and blamed the previous mistress' ghost from the past, the guest chuckled and said:"Don't be deceived. Our culprit is out of flesh and blood, and definitely no ghost."
The crying mistress locked at him with a mixture of tiredness and anger and shouted:"Oh and who might you be to know this?!"
With a calm voice he answered:" Dan Nonac, detective. Now let us stay calm and analyze the facts. first I need to know where all of you have been in the 1 1/2 hours."
After everyone has told him, where they claim to have been, he chuckled again.
"This case is clear", he said and suddenly pointed at the murderer, "the culprit is you!"

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I forgot to mention it;
That being said I just realized that i forgot a clue I had to edit in back then. apparently I didn't add it into the text file back then *facepalm*
Either way, I think this can still be considered easy, enough that I don't have to add it - the MO might get a bit harder though ;).

Oh and Kaktus, don't worry bout it as said, I can only redirect you to the character descriptions :D

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Currently at writing at new more sophisticated (yet still hurried) mystery short story and am currently at 4 fountain pen written pages. (tbh I just want to get rid of the blue ink it came with...)

As for the current one:
The difficulty here is less who did it but how they did it ;)